2023 Week 13

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: 2023 Week 13

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:39 am

Apparently QJ wasn't benched due to injury and it was coaches decision. With Williams and Palmer already out, they opted to run Jalen Guyton and Alex Erickson more. What a bust

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:17 am

It boggles my mind that these NFL teams worth BILLIONS of dollars, and spend countless amounts of money on scouting and player development, can miss so badly on players. Obviously some guys can check out after they get that guarantee first round contract money coming in. But to bench your first round WR pick 12 weeks into the season for guys no one has ever heard of is crazy. Unless QJ is the master of facades and has been an absolute D-bag this whole time behind the scenes with no one knowing, his performance should be better than this.

Him and Treadwell are such curious cases, so widely regarded as high end prospects throughout college, first round draft pedigree, and just absolutely NOTHING to show for it in the pros. I understand the NFL is obviously another level above college, and to struggle to adjust in your rookie season is reasonable, but to lose playing time to nobodies on your own team shows a clear lack of commitment/terrible attitude on their end, or the scouting community at large and the team that draft them were just so out to lunch and lazy in their analysis pre-draft.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:39 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:39 am Apparently QJ wasn't benched due to injury and it was coaches decision. With Williams and Palmer already out, they opted to run Jalen Guyton and Alex Erickson more. What a bust
Where is this coming from, all I have found is that he left the game with a rib injury and was kept out because of that

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:45 am

D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:48 am

BlackOmega wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:39 am
Jigga94 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:39 am Apparently QJ wasn't benched due to injury and it was coaches decision. With Williams and Palmer already out, they opted to run Jalen Guyton and Alex Erickson more. What a bust
Where is this coming from, all I have found is that he left the game with a rib injury and was kept out because of that
yeah the coach poked him in the rib when he was telling him to take a seat!
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:56 am

TheTroll wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:48 am
BlackOmega wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:39 am
yeah the coach poked him in the rib when he was telling him to take a seat!
Nah it was definitely the medical staff.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:10 am

nathanq42 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:17 am It boggles my mind that these NFL teams worth BILLIONS of dollars, and spend countless amounts of money on scouting and player development, can miss so badly on players. Obviously some guys can check out after they get that guarantee first round contract money coming in. But to bench your first round WR pick 12 weeks into the season for guys no one has ever heard of is crazy. Unless QJ is the master of facades and has been an absolute D-bag this whole time behind the scenes with no one knowing, his performance should be better than this.

Him and Treadwell are such curious cases, so widely regarded as high end prospects throughout college, first round draft pedigree, and just absolutely NOTHING to show for it in the pros. I understand the NFL is obviously another level above college, and to struggle to adjust in your rookie season is reasonable, but to lose playing time to nobodies on your own team shows a clear lack of commitment/terrible attitude on their end, or the scouting community at large and the team that draft them were just so out to lunch and lazy in their analysis pre-draft.
It's funny because of how many dynasty players were raising red flags on him. Really the only reason I still ranked him was because he was a 1st rounder. The immense YAC he got on a few plays against inferior competition made him a lot of money. Other than that we all saw the body catching, lack of separation, no contested catch ability, he isnt even that fast. Just doesn't have that dawg in him

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:13 am

https://www.si.com/nfl/chargers/news/ch ... led-mb2002

Apparently Stanley has changed his tune if the earlier reports were accurate, I don't know if I believe any of them {including this one}! The proof will likely be in if they use him this week or leave him on the bench. Would be a shame if he becomes just another statistic in the line of WR's who didn't live up to potential

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:15 am

BlackOmega wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:13 am https://www.si.com/nfl/chargers/news/ch ... led-mb2002

Apparently Stanley has changed his tune if the earlier reports were accurate, I don't know if I believe any of them {including this one}! The proof will likely be in if they use him this week or leave him on the bench. Would be a shame if he becomes just another statistic in the line of WR's who didn't live up to potential
Yeah I could see both sides.

Hey this guy stinks, get him off the field

Hey this guy stinks, but he got injured so it's the perfect opportunity to get him off the field

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:17 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:10 am
nathanq42 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:17 am It boggles my mind that these NFL teams worth BILLIONS of dollars, and spend countless amounts of money on scouting and player development, can miss so badly on players. Obviously some guys can check out after they get that guarantee first round contract money coming in. But to bench your first round WR pick 12 weeks into the season for guys no one has ever heard of is crazy. Unless QJ is the master of facades and has been an absolute D-bag this whole time behind the scenes with no one knowing, his performance should be better than this.

It's funny because of how many dynasty players were raising red flags on him. Really the only reason I still ranked him was because he was a 1st rounder. The immense YAC he got on a few plays against inferior competition made him a lot of money. Other than that we all saw the body catching, lack of separation, no contested catch ability, he isnt even that fast. Just doesn't have that dawg in him
And finding that out can take being in the NFL before it can be determined. The TCU O didn’t do him many favors being so right side oriented and running him from the left.

He looked capable of some significant offensive potential on some plays where he did get the ball. This isn’t the first miss on a player drafted so highly and it won’t be the last. It’s so hard to quantify the amount of talent transfer to the next level until players actually get there. Similarly to 1st round misses, look at the late round and UDFA successes. Those are misses by the league just as egregious. Maybe even moreso - it only takes one team to pick a player too high and see him flop. It takes the entire league to miss multiple times on an UDFA success.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:28 am

I wanted to say I was fully on nathanq42’s side here - I was 100% out on QJ. I never saw it. I was upset for my Herbert share that QJ is who they went with. I wanted nothing to do with him. NFL is dumb etc.

Then I looked at some of my devy picks and rookie picks. I have nothing to say, I just simply was right on this one player.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:51 am

Lumps wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:28 am I wanted to say I was fully on nathanq42’s side here - I was 100% out on QJ. I never saw it. I was upset for my Herbert share that QJ is who they went with. I wanted nothing to do with him. NFL is dumb etc.

Then I looked at some of my devy picks and rookie picks. I have nothing to say, I just simply was right on this one player.
Im not saying Im some scouting savant I am probably worse than most, but each of these teams support many families with the salaries of their scouting teams and player development function. There are a lot of things that go into a player's success that are outside of a teams control or ability to know beforehand, but it is still perplexing that the Chargers were so sure about QJ being a difference maker that they named him the best available player for their team over hundreds of other guys at the 20th overall spot, and now he is a semi-healthy scratch that puts him behind two nobodies before his rookie season is over.

I feel like there are a few prospects every now and then that somehow get elevated to first round status, but no one really knows why nor do they necessarily agree with it, but also don't say it is wrong to have them so high. I personally wanted nothing to do with QJ, and I didnt understand the appeal surrounding him other than he was big, decently fast for his size, and was on a CFB playoff level team. He doesnt have good hands, doesnt get separation often outside of broken plays, everyone agreed he played smaller than his frame in contested catch situations. But somehow he was just accepted as a high end WR pre-draft where group think takes over and people think he is too good to pass on because others have him so high, but everyone props him up with this line of thinking then someone drafts a bust.

Even I was guilty of this. I said I would have to take him at 1.11 if he was there just because there is so much about him being in that top tier of guys, and being the 20th overall pick, even though I knew I just disliked almost everything about his profile as a prospect.
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:20 am

Yeah, a lot of us thought QJ was a boom/bust player. I avoided him everywhere. Just hate to see them bust.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:49 am

Agreed, always wish success. I just didnt see it as a likely outcome for QJ, but astronomical success isnt likely for most people who enter the NFL regardless of which pick they are for a myriad of reasons.

For me, QJ is similar like Laviska Shenault, has the body to "become something special" but never really showed much to indicate he is anything other than a big guy that can look moderately good on a handful of plays, that has nothing to offer NFL level defenses. Both are plus athletes for their size, but nothing comically special like Megatron or Julio, and neither QJ nor Shenault brought much nuance/technique to the WR position.

And if all you have is size and athleticism at the college level to offer, you arent going to be a winner in today's NFL where you are now just average size and athleticism. Havent done much looking into the 2024 class, but from the sounds of it Coleman could be off my board for these reasons (he could be so much more but the only things I have heard about him are impressive size and athleticism with moderate technical ability as a WR)
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:34 pm

The QJ pick was baffling. The Chargers are supposed to be a win now team and they pick a total project at WR, ahead of polished guys like Flowers and Addison.

And QJ wasn’t your typical raw route runner but playmaker like Sutton. He was a raw route runner and a non-playmaker (when the ball is in the air, at least). Again, baffling pick.

This is basically on the level of the Chiefs picking Mehlaire over JT. They took a guy that they thought would “fit in their system” instead of just taking the best player. They could have traded peanuts for Sutton if they wanted that type of receiver. None of it made any sense. And I’m a total sucker for big physical WRs.

Treadwell was just about the inverse of QJ. I thought he was pretty solid at being a wr, but he was a turd athlete. Treadwell is more like a Najee Harris, if that makes sense.