Elijah Moore is Arguably the Most Reliable WR in the 2021 Draft

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Elijah Moore is Arguably the Most Reliable WR in the 2021 Draft

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:55 am

frerichs5 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:45 am Just asking a question here based on above posts. If Moore has good separation analytics…the 3rd of WRs and 6th overall is interesting. That tells me 3 of the best 6 “separators” aren’t even WRs? Seems hard (for me personally) to take that specific stat alone seriously.

I wonder if he ranks so high because all his depth stats are low. It seems not hard to have more separation on bubble screens, targets out of the backfield, etc. But maybe I’m not the most informed on how those stats really work.
Wer'e 3 years in and he has been unstartable, for 80 percent of his career. A lot of these metrics people shoot off to give a reason why a guy that isn't producing is good, are flawed. There is a lot going on, on every single NFL play, and a lot of these metrics really don't account for the realities of how the play is actually playing out on the NFL field, factoring in defenders reactions to anticipation of the play going elsewhere etc. The bottom line is, Elijah Moore isn't startable, and hasn't been for the vast majority of his career. He hasn't done enough to demand targets.

His biggest highlights as a Brown include an off season of playing out of the backfield, that untimately resulted in one of, if not the worst run play from scrimmage in Browns history. He is inarguably, not even close to the most reliable WR's from this class at this point. However, Rondale Moore, which lost a close battle to Elijah, didn't fair too much better, in Giles defense.

FWIW, I like Elijah, coming out of college. None of us, as FF "scouts" ever get to talk to these guys, or have a clue what they are like as people, which can make a big difference. We don't get a FF scouting Combine....maybe we need to push for one. :lol:

We're just peeking through key holes.

For one reason or another, Moore has just not translated to an NFL WR that matters, to date.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:52 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:55 am
frerichs5 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:45 am Just asking a question here based on above posts. If Moore has good separation analytics…the 3rd of WRs and 6th overall is interesting. That tells me 3 of the best 6 “separators” aren’t even WRs? Seems hard (for me personally) to take that specific stat alone seriously.

I wonder if he ranks so high because all his depth stats are low. It seems not hard to have more separation on bubble screens, targets out of the backfield, etc. But maybe I’m not the most informed on how those stats really work.
Wer'e 3 years in and he has been unstartable, for 80 percent of his career. A lot of these metrics people shoot off to give a reason why a guy that isn't producing is good, are flawed. There is a lot going on, on every single NFL play, and a lot of these metrics really don't account for the realities of how the play is actually playing out on the NFL field, factoring in defenders reactions to anticipation of the play going elsewhere etc. The bottom line is, Elijah Moore isn't startable, and hasn't been for the vast majority of his career. He hasn't done enough to demand targets.

His biggest highlights as a Brown include an off season of playing out of the backfield, that untimately resulted in one of, if not the worst run play from scrimmage in Browns history. He is inarguably, not even close to the most reliable WR's from this class at this point. However, Rondale Moore, which lost a close battle to Elijah, didn't fair too much better, in Giles defense.

FWIW, I like Elijah, coming out of college. None of us, as FF "scouts" ever get to talk to these guys, or have a clue what they are like as people, which can make a big difference. We don't get a FF scouting Combine....maybe we need to push for one. :lol:

We're just peeking through key holes.

For one reason or another, Moore has just not translated to an NFL WR that matters, to date.
I look at it this way. There are 3 classes of players to roster from an “experts” perspective. The Blue chippers who everyone agrees provides value to any roster, The league winners who are players the experts tout are sneaky good and can put you over the top for a chip. Third is everyone else. I love Moore but I’ve never seen an article where he was mentioned as a “league winner”
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:30 pm

Glad I moved my shares when I did.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:23 am

Big supporter of Elijah but hasn’t & never will be the #1 option on his team. Hasn’t been been blessed by offenses that look to utilize him although his target share has been decent considering how much Cleveland looks to run the ball under Stefanski. Watson whether it was his shoulder or not has missed an open Moore multiple times which would or at least could have changed this narrative.

Dude has played with some horrific QBs as far as timing & accuracy / ball placement which is crucial in shirt timing plays he runs as a majority of his routes. Even so he’d barely be cracking top 30 WRs if all went well.

Amari could become cap casualty but Tillman should step into that role. Njoku is signed and Ford is decent in that RBs receiver role so not expecting Cooper departure to make a huge difference if he does. Tillman is reason the let DOJ go so they obviously like what they have in him.

Moore needs to move on to a team like Bills or KC where he could flourish but that’s not likely to happen. Alas , what could have been we will never get to find out. Solid nfl role player but not as a fantasy one

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:25 am

well i got him for demercado in a league where i'm tanking. can't hurt at that price!

Two Cents
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Two Cents » Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:59 pm

Elijah Moore is someone I would target as a buy low or throw in. He is only 23-24....plenty of time to resurge.
¢¢

12 team SF TEP
STARTERS | BENCH
QB (1) Mayfield, Mac Jones, Garrapollo, Darnold, Dobbs
RB (2) Kyren Williams, Rachaad White, AJ Dillon, Gibson, K. Mitchell, Perine, CEH, Akers, Dowdle
WR (3) Collins, Palmer, Meyers, Chark, Boyd, Juju
TE (2) Laporta, Kmet , Schultz, J. Johnson, Fant, Dulcich
FLEX (3) Montgomery, Njoku, Brian Robinson
SF (1) Minshew