General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Buy Low Candidates - Nov 2023

Postby Sriracha » Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:26 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:34 pm
I don’t see why you shouldn’t be panicked on Watson

Not in a “he sucks” way but definitely in a “I should have sold him at his peak this offseason way”
I think that's a fair stance to have at this point in time but I still believe his best days are ahead of him and there is still a lot of untapped potential in his game.

I look back at the hamstring injury he got right before the season as to the major reason he's struggled so much this year. It sapped away some of his gambreaking speed in the short term and took away valuable reps he needed to solidify his rapport with Love, who while has been wildly erratic at times has also shown much better chemistry throwing to Doubs and Reed in contested situations.

5 of Love's INTs have come while throwing to Watson. When he's open deep he's been routinely underthrown and in contested catch situations the ball is often thrown behind him towards defensive leverage -- this has caused him to post an abysmal 1 out of 9 (or 2 of 18 depending on the source) conversions in contested catch situations (he was 6 of 8 last year with Rodgers); and before you strictly blame Love here we've seen him throw pin point contested throws to Doubs in the redzone and Reed down field numerous times throughout the year -- so we know it's not just a Jordan Love problem.

Watson's ADoT is a ridiculous 17.3 yards right now, as well and while he'll likely always run deeper routes I'd expect that number to go down leading to more reliable production.
81- wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:22 pm
Watson sucks. Drafted him in the 2nd. Flipped him for a 2nd.

I'll take that dart back
If you want out that's a decent cash out but I'd be buying at this price point. You don't often get to see a WR with Watson's upside in the 2nd round.

Maybe he's a bust but I think we've seen enough of his upside that he's worth the gamble.