Marvin Harrison Jr and Dynasty WR Rankings

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Csl312
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Marvin Harrison Jr and Dynasty WR Rankings

Postby Csl312 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:31 am

tstafford wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:48 am I stood on the position this off-season that basically no teams ought to own the 1.01 (Bijan). The value of the pick was so off the chart. Rebuilders could do better moving it for WRs, picks, etc. Contenders could tier down and get a productive back plus other assets. I'm beginning to feel the same way about the 1.01/1.02 in this coming draft. For example I price checked MHJR in my devy league and the manager said he likely wouldn't take a combo of G.Wilson/M.Nabers. (note: I wouldn't have paid that either). Point being the value for these picks may be sky high.
Agree completely. I felt Bijan would never exceed the value many were saying the 1.01 had (though it's hard to say if anyone ever made those three firsts plus a young productive player type trades). I still think that's true. And if you aren't trading AJB for Harrison Jr before MHJ has stepped on an NFL practice field I don't see how his value ever climbs much either. IMO it doesn't pay to think too much farther in the future than 3 years so age isn't very relevant. Those top WRs will hold their value for a number of years going forward.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:36 pm

tstafford wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:49 am
MacDaddy123 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:55 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:27 pm We all want to say he's basically outside of our top 5, but come rookie draft time I can almost guarantee you if I offer AJB or ARSB or whoever for him it's going to be rejected. Let's not delude ourselves as to where this is going.
100% accurate.
Just like people forget that Bijan was a 1st round startup pick in 2023 12 team SF leagues, as RB1 off the board.

MHJ value is greater than Bijan value, no way MHJ is dropping into the 2nd round of startup drafts in 12 team SF leagues in 2024.
Once people see the 6'4 205 pound MHJ run a 4.35 40 at the combine, rankings will change.

Bijan was the best RB prospect to come out since Saquon in 2018.
MHJ is the best WR prospect to come out since at least Julio Jones in 2011.
Just to be clear AJ Green was the best WR prospect in '11.
(Kidding around - this was a huge debate back in the day for those old enough to remember)
:lol:
Well I was setting the bar low with Julio, or AJ Green if you like.
I would actually say that MHJ hype is higher than either of those 2.
Closer to Calvin Johnson hype, though that may be too low too.

Basically the hype on MHJ is higher than those other top WR's because he is coming out of Ohio State (WR U).
People LOVE Ohio State WR's, even if they are super productive at the NFL level yet ( see Garrett Wilson, Olave, and JSN).

Imagine how much higher Brock Bowers hype would be if he played school ball at Iowa (TE U) instead of Georgia.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:13 am

MacDaddy123 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:36 pm
tstafford wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:49 am
MacDaddy123 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:55 am

100% accurate.
Just like people forget that Bijan was a 1st round startup pick in 2023 12 team SF leagues, as RB1 off the board.

MHJ value is greater than Bijan value, no way MHJ is dropping into the 2nd round of startup drafts in 12 team SF leagues in 2024.
Once people see the 6'4 205 pound MHJ run a 4.35 40 at the combine, rankings will change.

Bijan was the best RB prospect to come out since Saquon in 2018.
MHJ is the best WR prospect to come out since at least Julio Jones in 2011.
Just to be clear AJ Green was the best WR prospect in '11.
(Kidding around - this was a huge debate back in the day for those old enough to remember)
:lol:
Well I was setting the bar low with Julio, or AJ Green if you like.
I would actually say that MHJ hype is higher than either of those 2.
Closer to Calvin Johnson hype, though that may be too low too.

Basically the hype on MHJ is higher than those other top WR's because he is coming out of Ohio State (WR U).
People LOVE Ohio State WR's, even if they are super productive at the NFL level yet ( see Garrett Wilson, Olave, and JSN).

Imagine how much higher Brock Bowers hype would be if he played school ball at Iowa (TE U) instead of Georgia.
I think MHJRs family tree plays in to the hype as well.

This is the most hype I've seen on a WR. I hadn't started playing dynasty (just redraft) when Megatron came in to the league so I don't recall that. But you're right the hype was huge on AJG/Julio and around the same time Dez Bryant. But the MHJR hype is off the charts. And honestly I think it deserves to be.

I watch OSU every week, every play. What I can say is the team is fundamentally different when he is on the field. He impacts every play. Doesn't take any plays off. Blocks down field all the time. There's just nothing not to like. Well actually the one thing not to like is what it will cost to get him on to your team if you don't hold the 1.01 (or 1.02 in SF)!!