2023 Week 9

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: 2023 Week 9

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:56 am

Jonnu is a legitimately good TE who just got sucked into the black hole that is New England's offense. It's not crazy to me that he's doing well. Outperforming Pitts was unexpected, but that's just tight end. He's also probably a little more explosive and shiftier than the taller Pitts, which matters for route-running and being open. I don't think it's a conscious effort to ignore Pitts, and it's not like Jonnu isn't doing well with the opportunities.

Allgeier-Bijan feels like a pretty similar story honestly, just in a different way. Bijan is clearly the more explosive & talented RB, but Allgeier is a really solid and reliable running back who is going to get touches. We also don't know the mental side with Bijan, maybe he's not grasping things as quickly as Allgeier.

Do I own Jonnu and Allgeier? Yes. Am I biased? I don't think so, but who knows. Both guys have talent. Long term I think the RB is definitely Bijan. TE I'm not so sure given the wasteland that that position is.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:09 am

dynastyninja wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:56 am Jonnu is a legitimately good TE who just got sucked into the black hole that is New England's offense. It's not crazy to me that he's doing well. Outperforming Pitts was unexpected, but that's just tight end. He's also probably a little more explosive and shiftier than the taller Pitts, which matters for route-running and being open. I don't think it's a conscious effort to ignore Pitts, and it's not like Jonnu isn't doing well with the opportunities.

Allgeier-Bijan feels like a pretty similar story honestly, just in a different way. Bijan is clearly the more explosive & talented RB, but Allgeier is a really solid and reliable running back who is going to get touches. We also don't know the mental side with Bijan, maybe he's not grasping things as quickly as Allgeier.

Do I own Jonnu and Allgeier? Yes. Am I biased? I don't think so, but who knows. Both guys have talent. Long term I think the RB is definitely Bijan. TE I'm not so sure given the wasteland that that position is.
Prior to the final drive when Minn D was gassed, Tyler had negative yards rushing. Negative yards receiving.

I cannot take anyone seriously that looks at this situation and says, “Well maybe Bijan isn’t numerous tiers higher than Allgeier.”

Bijan has 1 carry inside the 5 on the YEAR.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:19 am

Lumps wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:09 am
dynastyninja wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:56 am Jonnu is a legitimately good TE who just got sucked into the black hole that is New England's offense. It's not crazy to me that he's doing well. Outperforming Pitts was unexpected, but that's just tight end. He's also probably a little more explosive and shiftier than the taller Pitts, which matters for route-running and being open. I don't think it's a conscious effort to ignore Pitts, and it's not like Jonnu isn't doing well with the opportunities.

Prior to the final drive when Minn D was gassed, Tyler had negative yards rushing. Negative yards receiving.

I cannot take anyone seriously that looks at this situation and says, “Well maybe Bijan isn’t numerous tiers higher than Allgeier.”

Bijan has 1 carry inside the 5 on the YEAR.
I'm not really looking to get into a fight here, but didn't Allgeier have like 3 carries at that point?

Yes, Bijan >Allgeier. Doesn't mean Allgeier is useless and doesn't deserve carries. Keeps Bijan from wearing down on the tough runs. It's a committee.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:13 pm

Never said he was useless. Most teams employ at least 2 backs. Most teams don’t draft a RB top 10 (one that was considered the best since….insert name) to have him have less carries than his backfield mate. Currently:

Bijan - 103 for 517, 5.0 avg
Tyler - 116 for 371, 3.2 avg

Look at the names with targets last game. These players shouldn’t be getting targets over Pitts or Bijan (who can legitimately run downfield routes):

Khadarrell Hodge - 6
Mack Hollins - 3
Van Jefferson - 4
Damiere Byrd - 2

What are we doing?!

Again the goal line series:

The Falcons just forced a fumble and returned it to the Vikings' 1-yard line.

The subsequent plays:
1st & goal: False start
1st & goal: Pass to Jonnu Smith
2nd & goal: End around to Jonnu Smith
3rd & goal: Handoff to Tyler Allgeier

Bijan Robinson was off the field for every snap.

All of this isn’t just me or Bijan owners, or Pitts owners, or just the fantasy community. It’s utter nonsense the capital they have spent, to do what they are doing, and lose games. Hodge with 6 targets. C’mon man.

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:17 pm

Lumps wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:13 pm Never said he was useless. Most teams employ at least 2 backs. Most teams don’t draft a RB top 10 (one that was considered the best since….insert name) to have him have less carries than his backfield mate. Currently:

Look at the names with targets last game. These players shouldn’t be getting targets over Pitts or Bijan (who can legitimately run downfield routes):

Khadarrell Hodge - 6
Mack Hollins - 3
Van Jefferson - 4
Damiere Byrd - 2

What are we doing?!

The subsequent plays:

All of this isn’t just me or Bijan owners, or Pitts owners, or just the fantasy community. It’s utter nonsense the capital they have spent, to do what they are doing, and lose games. Hodge with 6 targets. C’mon man.
'Falcons head coach Arthur Smith said Bijan Robinson’s “impact away from the ball can open things up” for other Falcons players. '

Obviously by having him away from the ball that is supposed to open things up for the players on the field as the defenders will be distracted by watching Bijan on the sidelines, brilliant I say! brilliant!

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:21 pm

BlackOmega wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:17 pm
Lumps wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:13 pm Never said he was useless. Most teams employ at least 2 backs. Most teams don’t draft a RB top 10 (one that was considered the best since….insert name) to have him have less carries than his backfield mate. Currently:

Khadarrell Hodge - 6
Mack Hollins - 3
Van Jefferson - 4
Damiere Byrd - 2

What are we doing?!

The subsequent plays:

'Falcons head coach Arthur Smith said Bijan Robinson’s “impact away from the ball can open things up” for other Falcons players. '

Obviously by having him away from the ball that is supposed to open things up for the players on the field as the defenders will be distracted by watching Bijan on the sidelines, brilliant I say! brilliant!
Bijan has the second highest average per carry among those with at least 90 carries.

He has the second most missed tackles forced.

Yet…

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:15 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:19 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:14 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:11 pm

:lol: Feels like what I heard about Tebow. Be garbage all game, then have 1 drive.
So was another QB, you might have heard of him. Some guy named Tom Brady
:lol: This has to be parody.

Pickett isn't very good. He's tough, but his pocket presence and accuracy are terrible. Maybe he can be a functionable starting QB at some point, but I'm not seeing any kind of ceiling with him. He misses throws and reads all game, and then has one good drive, aided by penalties of course, but that doesn't excuse the poor play, or the fact his poor play was part of the reason they were trailing, and that's what was happening with Tebow.
All he does is find ways to win. Reminds me of someone :think: