Day 3 Rookie WRs Not Named Puka

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Day 3 Rookie WRs Not Named Puka

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:57 pm

Haven’t seen much discussion of these guys but what WRs flashing as unheralded rookies would you say have a chance to be something?

And how would you prioritize them as far as ranking as far as buy, sell (though you’re probably not getting much yet), hold, cut, etc and floor/ceiling

Demario Douglas: 6th round draft cap, 24 catches for 277 yards, 0 TDs, 13% target share/24% target rate/14.9% air yards share, 42.9% snap share, 0.96 yards per team pass attempt, 1.82 YPRR, 78.7 PFF grade

Trey Palmer: 6th round draft cap, 15 catches for 167 yards, 2 TDs, 10.5% target share/13.5% target rate/15% air yards share, 63.4% snap share, 0.60 yards per team pass attempt, 0.81 YPRR, 51.4 PFF grade

Tre Tucker: 3rd round draft cap (yes I know not day 3 but he was being drafted like a day 3 WR so I’m including him), 6 catches for 125 yards, 0 TDs, 4% target share/11.2% target rate/9.4% air yards share, 27.3% snap share, 0.48 yards per team pass attempt, 1.64 YPRR, 62.4 PFF grade

Dontayvion Wicks: 5th round draft cap, 14 catches for 189 yards, 1 TD, 9% target share/16.8% target rate/10.6% air yards share, 43.7% snap share, 0.72 yards per team pass attempt, 1.38 YPRR, 67.8 PFF grade

Jake Bobo: undrafted, 10 catches for 135 yards, 2 TDs, 5.3% target share/15.5% target rate/5.6% air yards share, 34.4% snap share, 0.52 yards per team pass attempt, 1.61 YPRR, 79.4 PFF grade

Other guys who haven’t flashed yet (cleared 100 yards) but who may merit some interest include Andrei Isovias and Charlie Jones (CIN), Tyler Scott (CHI) and Ronnie Bell (SF) with the possible losses of Tee, Aiyuk and Mooney in the offseason for these teams

Personally I think Douglas is a buy which is rare for me to say for a day 3 rookie but I don’t think most understand how good he has been due to the lack of TD luck

Wicks and Palmer look like holds who are showing enough to get onto the field and could have a pop game at any moment to increase their values. Would sell for any second (late, 2027, etc) though due to how crowded the WR rooms are and lack of draft capital but content riding it out for less than that. If picking between the two would probably go Palmer because their WR group is older (though I think GB has shown there is no true stud yet even if they are all young and somewhat talented)

Would sell Tucker and Bobo for just about any profit not because I think they cannot be good players but because their profiles (ADOT for Tucker, age for Bobo) just aren’t the kinds that produce fantasy contributors usually

Of the yet to flash guys I’d look to deep stash the Cincy guys because I think Higgins is gone soon and though I’d think they’ll add a high draft pick to replace him you never know how the draft will work out or if they try the KC model of one stud target and a bunch of unknowns

Would love to see how others see this group as far as best potential for value gain and for long term chances to stick as starters

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Day 3 Rookie WRs Not Named Puka

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:06 pm

Douglas and Palmer are my 2 favorites. Palmer popped for me this offseason. I'm glad he's getting snaps, but the targets aren't really there. Hopefully that improves. Douglas is someone I'm quickly coming around on. Going to be thrust into the role and he seems shifty enough to make it work.

Wicks and Bobo could be ok role players but nothing that translates to fantasy.

Iosivas is my deep stash

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:36 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:06 pm Iosivas is my deep stash
Agreed - good deep stash.

Another one for consideration - Charlie Jones. Still on IR. I think pairing him with Iosivas and seeing if either hits next year when Higgins moves on is a decent move if you have the roster space.

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:11 am

tstafford wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:36 am

Another one for consideration - Charlie Jones. Still on IR. I think pairing him with Iosivas and seeing if either hits next year when Higgins moves on is a decent move if you have the roster space.
Higgins is usually mentioned about moving on during topics like this. What is often overlooked is that Tyler Boyd is also a free agent after this season.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:13 am

frerichs5 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:11 am

Higgins is usually mentioned about moving on during topics like this. What is often overlooked is that Tyler Boyd is also a free agent after this season.
You beat me to it - was going to say the same thing. There could be 2 open roles next year in that Cinci passing game.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:13 am

Yup, my thought when they drafted the 2 WR late this year was Jones = Boyd and Iosivas = Higgins.

Obviously that's not 1:1 and if you're the Bengals, you are thrilled if just 1 of those 2 step up and can give you 80% of the former.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:42 am

Good point. I should have mentioned that.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:18 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:06 pm Douglas and Palmer are my 2 favorites. Palmer popped for me this offseason. I'm glad he's getting snaps, but the targets aren't really there. Hopefully that improves. Douglas is someone I'm quickly coming around on. Going to be thrust into the role and he seems shifty enough to make it work.

Iosivas is my deep stash
I loved Palmer as a college player as a Husker fan but am surprised he is capable WR already. Target volume isn't as high as Douglas but hard to overlook that he is playing next to two WRs capable of alpha target shares and an RB/TE that are at least integrated in the passing game

I think you are selling Wicks a little short because a. his analytical profile is actually not bad for a day 3 pick--would be even better if not for getting hurt his senior year and b. there are a lot of capable weapons he is competing against in GB but none who are really stepping up---if he is able to carve out a role as a rookie it's not unconceivable that he could be as good if not better than someone like Doubs this time next year (he is on pace to pass Doubs' rookie year)

I still don't think GB has a QB capable of supporting 3 weapons but that's a different conversation

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:37 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:18 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:06 pm Douglas and Palmer are my 2 favorites. Palmer popped for me this offseason. I'm glad he's getting snaps, but the targets aren't really there. Hopefully that improves. Douglas is someone I'm quickly coming around on. Going to be thrust into the role and he seems shifty enough to make it work.

Iosivas is my deep stash
I loved Palmer as a college player as a Husker fan but am surprised he is capable WR already. Target volume isn't as high as Douglas but hard to overlook that he is playing next to two WRs capable of alpha target shares and an RB/TE that are at least integrated in the passing game

I think you are selling Wicks a little short because a. his analytical profile is actually not bad for a day 3 pick--would be even better if not for getting hurt his senior year and b. there are a lot of capable weapons he is competing against in GB but none who are really stepping up---if he is able to carve out a role as a rookie it's not unconceivable that he could be as good if not better than someone like Doubs this time next year (he is on pace to pass Doubs' rookie year)

I still don't think GB has a QB capable of supporting 3 weapons but that's a different conversation
I do like Wicks still, just saying that he's not surpassing Watson and I could see him passing Doubs, but Reed and Musgrave are also going to factor in more as they progress imo. It also is me being much lower on Love than I was a few months ago.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:47 pm

Wicks has been GB's best separator.

Doubs role is hanging by a thread. Reed has already surpassed him in snap percentage and Wicks has been very productive with his opportunities.

Bobo is a surprisngly good separator despite his size and lack of athleticism; which may not be as bad as advertised give that his 40 time was ran in poor conditions at his pro day. While he's certainly not a burner he's probably closer to a 4.7-4.8 guy than the 5.0 most people are using to write him off.

They're both still long shots but I could see both him and Wicks emerging as solid WR3s down the line.
Last edited by Sriracha on Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:10 pm

Sriracha wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:47 pm Wicks has been GB's best separator.

Doubs role is hanging by a thread. Reed has already surpassed him in snap percentage and Wicks has been very productive with his opportunities.

Bobo is a surprisngly good separator despite his size and lack of athleticism; although his 40 time was ran in poor conditions at his pro day so while he's certainly not a burner he's probably closer to a 4.7-4.8 guy than the 5.0 most people are using to right him off.

They're both still long shots but I could see both him and Wicks emerging as solid WR3s down the line.
I just watched the game from this past week and thought a lot of Love's best throws were throws to Wicks. He can't seem to hit Watson consistently, who had a spectacular catch himself. I have never been a Doubs fan so yeah Wicks could be WR2/3 as is. But thats still the 4th or 5th option in this offense so I don't see him being relevant enough, but there's room for progress with Love