Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Re: Where are we ranking stroud now?

Postby Anteaters » Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:33 am

trc wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:28 am
Anteaters wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:51 am
ThirdWW wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:29 pm

As someone who traded away Herbert ( and AJ Dillon technically) earlier this year for Stroud and 2 firsts (1QB), I am pleased to hear this.
That's going to look like highway robbery in a few months. Wow, what a great trade for you!!
Why in a few months?
Haven't you already declared Stroud > Herbert?
Yeah, I already know Stroud>Herbert. My comment was more about how I think the consensus will catch up to me :P in a few months and agree that trade was great for ThirdWW.

In having these 1:1 comparisons, I always feel I have to add a disclaimer. Just because I think it's clear that Stroud>Herbert, does not mean I think Herbert is a bad QB. There's no shame piled on Herbert if I have him as my #6 or #7 (fantasy) QB. That's a high ranking and the only people who should be upset about it are Herbert's parents and wife.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:49 am

These takes are going to be filled with recency bias.. but I'd put him in whatever tier you have Burrow in with higher upside. He's doing all of this with a rookie WR and a 3rd year guy that many left for dead. If he ever gets a WR like Chase.. we could see some records be broken.

Him and Herbert are probably in the same tier rather than one being higher than the other. Both have insane accuracy and while Herbert's arm strength is on another level Stroud's certainly doesn't limit him in any way.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:18 am

Not to hijack this, but why are people still so high on T.Law? I see several folks have him ahead of Stroud and Tua. That makes no sense to me.

T.Law has one of the best sets of weapons around him (Ridley, Kirk, Engram, ETN, etc.) and has done squat. He's QB17 on the season. Are we still waiting for a breakout? Or are we happy with 18 PPG from a first round SF start-up pick?

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:53 am

tstafford wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:18 am Not to hijack this, but why are people still so high on T.Law? I see several folks have him ahead of Stroud and Tua. That makes no sense to me.

T.Law has one of the best sets of weapons around him (Ridley, Kirk, Engram, ETN, etc.) and has done squat. He's QB17 on the season. Are we still waiting for a breakout? Or are we happy with 18 PPG from a first round SF start-up pick?
Lawrence already broke out last year, throwing for over 4,100yards, 25TDs and only 8INT (that's Pro Bowl worthy) as a 23 year old. He was QB6 in my leagues in 2022.

And it's not always about the box score. The Jags won the division last year and probably will this year after being the worst in the league over the previous two year span. They have a good RB, decent TE, and they've got two good #2 WRs but I'd love to see them pair Lawrence with a true alpha #1 and see what happens.

Anyway, not arguing he should be top 5, but he's definitely in top 10 discussion after completely turning a franchise around. It's a slow start for one season of his likely 10-15 year career. Plenty to like about Lawrence.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:25 am

CGW wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:53 am
tstafford wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:18 am Not to hijack this, but why are people still so high on T.Law? I see several folks have him ahead of Stroud and Tua. That makes no sense to me.

Lawrence already broke out last year, throwing for over 4,100yards, 25TDs and only 8INT (that's Pro Bowl worthy) as a 23 year old. He was QB6 in my leagues in 2022.

And it's not always about the box score. The Jags won the division last year and probably will this year after being the worst in the league over the previous two year span. They have a good RB, decent TE, and they've got two good #2 WRs but I'd love to see them pair Lawrence with a true alpha #1 and see what happens.

Anyway, not arguing he should be top 5, but he's definitely in top 10 discussion after completely turning a franchise around. It's a slow start for one season of his likely 10-15 year career. Plenty to like about Lawrence.
Yup, definitely still top 10 for me as well. He is basically on that same pace again this year with a little bit of positive TD luck. I don't think he will continue to only throw 1 per game. They are winning games though and middle of the pack in Pass Att. If they started losing/trailing more, I would expect to see that tick up considerably.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:33 am

Top-10 for T.Law is one thing, but in this thread folks have him above the likes of Stroud, Herbert, Lamar and Tua.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:20 am

tstafford wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:33 am Top-10 for T.Law is one thing, but in this thread folks have him above the likes of Stroud, Herbert, Lamar and Tua.
I honestly don't see anything egregious in this thread. Seems like all I'm seeing is that TLaw is in that 6-10 tier, which is very fair. There's really a clear 5 for me. Beyond Mahommes, Herbert, Allen, Burrow, Hurts there's an argument for the next 6-8 QBs. Could Stroud be 6th? Absolutely, his start as a rookie is amazing. Could Tlaw be 6th? Sure, he's actually already finished an entire season as the QB6 in his short career. Could Lamar be 6th? Yep, hard to ignore his upside. Could Tua be 6th? I think so, judging by his pace last year when healthy and this year (league leading yards, TDs, and passer rating). Hell, could Murray be 6th? I could see an argument if you look beyond his mental makeup and look just at fantasy stats.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:30 pm

I’ve got him high but regression will hit unless he is an improved Aaron Rodgers.

Baker Mayfield had thrown 2100+ yards and gone 20/8 td/int halfway through his rookie season. He was such a hot a commodity at that point with many paying up to get him. I think CJ is better, but it’s tough to rank halfway through a rookie season. I do think he will end up top 10 but top 3-5 is a little aggressive for me.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:30 pm

He’s playing really well actually, it’s just his td rate is low. Receivers have a lot of drops as well. And let’s not crown engram and Kirk, the teams that drafted them said sayonara, and they’ve had the best seasons of their career in Jacksonville, with Lawrence throwing them the ball. Ridley is a buffoon that was out of football for what, nearly 2 years?

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:33 pm

Been a bit unlucky this year with TD regression , his rushing yards are on pace for over 500 and set to pass for over 4000 easily but a bit unlucky with just 9 tds total . Few more tds and he is a top 7-8 ppg qb

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:24 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:30 pm

He’s playing really well actually, it’s just his td rate is low. Receivers have a lot of drops as well. And let’s not crown engram and Kirk, the teams that drafted them said sayonara, and they’ve had the best seasons of their career in Jacksonville, with Lawrence throwing them the ball. Ridley is a buffoon that was out of football for what, nearly 2 years?
And if people haven’t been actually watching jaguar games, they might not realize what a conservative offense the Jaguars are running. It’s a lot of dink & dunk, and of course a lot of running.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)