Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

81-
Captain
Captain

Re: All Things Bears

Postby 81- » Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:19 am

MacDaddy123 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:31 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:10 pm And if we didn't extend him, you'd all say what idiots. I think the deal is actually pretty reasonable, and about what I expected.
I'm still trying to figure out how Sweat returned an early 2nd to the Commanders, while Chase Young only returned a compensatory 3rd round pick.

Other thing that strikes me as curious is why they won't pay their own draft picks (Roquan Smith), but the will pay for other teams draft picks (Montez Sweat).

Just struggling with the math, that's all.
Shows the value of having two good knees
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:27 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:11 am I have no problem with them extending him, and the amount is whatevs since they gave him all the leverage. He’s a good player though. The part I find hilarious is they paid a very early 2nd (2.01-2.03 range) in order to have the privilege of paying top of the market price for a player during a lost year. I don’t understand Ryan Poles’ approach to 2nd round picks at all.
We can-and-should roast Ryan Poles to absolute death for the Claypool trade. It was catastrophic, and an exact blueprint for "how bad teams stay bad". Bad trade. Very bad. Baaaaad.

But in terms of "I don’t understand Ryan Poles’ approach to 2nd round picks at all" - that's definitely not where we should be on this Montez Sweat trade. It's actually pretty logical.

Bottom line: top-tier Pass Rushers are not players that you can select with a 2nd round pick. Further to that, as an expansion team, the Bears have over $100m in cap space for 2024 and beyond, and a dearth of "actually good" players worth committing to with long-term contracts. They have to spend the money on *something*.

Top Tier Pass Rushers don't hit the market, especially ones in their prime. (Sweat is 27)

It's a defendable move given their needs.

So now Chicago just has to hope that Montez Sweat is actually a top-tier pass rusher on the level of TJ Watt, etc. And I'm sure he is and I'm sure nothing will go wrong there. :boohoo:

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:59 pm

mild wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:27 am
BabyChark23 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:11 am I have no problem with them extending him, and the amount is whatevs since they gave him all the leverage. He’s a good player though. The part I find hilarious is they paid a very early 2nd (2.01-2.03 range) in order to have the privilege of paying top of the market price for a player during a lost year. I don’t understand Ryan Poles’ approach to 2nd round picks at all.
We can-and-should roast Ryan Poles to absolute death for the Claypool trade. It was catastrophic, and an exact blueprint for "how bad teams stay bad". Bad trade. Very bad. Baaaaad.

But in terms of "I don’t understand Ryan Poles’ approach to 2nd round picks at all" - that's definitely not where we should be on this Montez Sweat trade. It's actually pretty logical.

Bottom line: top-tier Pass Rushers are not players that you can select with a 2nd round pick. Further to that, as an expansion team, the Bears have over $100m in cap space for 2024 and beyond, and a dearth of "actually good" players worth committing to with long-term contracts. They have to spend the money on *something*.

Top Tier Pass Rushers don't hit the market, especially ones in their prime. (Sweat is 27)

So now Chicago just has to hope that Montez Sweat is actually a top-tier pass rusher on the level of TJ Watt, etc. And I'm sure he is and I'm sure nothing will go wrong there. :boohoo:
I hated the Claypool deal. It made zero sense
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:34 pm

Sweat made more plays in 5 minutes than the whole bears D had all year.

Sanborn is so much better than Edmunds.

Darryton Evans lives on.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:54 am

I agree....That was the first good move this team has made in a long time. Not sure it is enough for the owner to avoid making a clean sweep at the top but it addressed a serious need and they did it with an ascending player.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:00 am

TheTroll wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:59 pm

I hated the Claypool deal. It made zero sense
The concept made a ton of sense. They were rolling out tier 8 wr's. The choice to target claypool is where it went south
Burrow, Richardson
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:21 am

Yep. That ended up being a horrible move.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:38 pm

Think about. Should have let the Packers take him
Burrow, Richardson
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:38 pm

Bears are beyond tired fire status
Tank for tua
Burrow, Richardson
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:51 pm

81- wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:19 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:10 pm And if we didn't extend him, you'd all say what idiots. I think the deal is actually pretty reasonable, and about what I expected.
I'm still trying to figure out how Sweat returned an early 2nd to the Commanders, while Chase Young only returned a compensatory 3rd round pick.

Other thing that strikes me as curious is why they won't pay their own draft picks (Roquan Smith), but the will pay for other teams draft picks (Montez Sweat).

So then any player who has ever had an ACL tear in his life is now damaged goods?
Including players like Chubb, who tore an ACL in college?
Surely Joe Burrow is a trash can, since he's torn an ACL. :lol:

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:59 am

MacDaddy123 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:51 pm

So then any player who has ever had an ACL tear in his life is now damaged goods?
Nowadays an ACL tear isn’t bad. 15 years ago it was a death sentence. Right now I only consider Achilles the worst of the common injuries.

With that note: Hammy issues, while not sexy pose the most issues for fantasy. They linger and keep players out 3-4 weeks and if they come back too soon it comes back. The proverbial tease for fantasy owners.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:41 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:51 pm

Sometimes. He's going to be a bouncer. San Fran this year. Giants next. On to the jags. And the knee will play a part.
Burrow, Richardson
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:07 pm

I can't believe that CAR FG attempt came up that short. Bears almost losing to CAR and screwing their CAR pick. LORD.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:05 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:07 pm I can't believe that CAR FG attempt came up that short. Bears almost losing to CAR and screwing their CAR pick. LORD.
Not sure it would have mattered because we all know the Bears will screw up their picks on draft day so there is absolutely nothing to worry about. :D
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts