Cam Akers Official Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Cam Akers Official Thread

Postby mild » Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:46 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:17 pm Ty Chandler hasn’t done much even going back to preseason so I’d say this is more on him than Mattison.
I think there's enough blame to go around. They've both been woeful.

Someone out there had the stat that they're the only Offense to not have any RB carry go for 10+ yards this season. Vikes are also top of the league in Neutral pass rate through two weeks, and bottom 3 in run rate... because why would you, when your RB's aren't generating anything, and you have Justin Jefferson...

Thankfully this week's game is the get-right of all get-rights against the woeful Chargers run defense. Should be a hilarious game... you just know one of these 0-2 teams is going to lose to go 0-3 in the most sickening way possible, it's got "weird game" written all over it. Do not put money on this game :lol:

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:07 pm

mild wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:46 pm
Space Cowboy wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:17 pm Ty Chandler hasn’t done much even going back to preseason so I’d say this is more on him than Mattison.
I think there's enough blame to go around. They've both been woeful.

Someone out there had the stat that they're the only Offense to not have any RB carry go for 10+ yards this season. Vikes are also top of the league in Neutral pass rate through two weeks, and bottom 3 in run rate... because why would you, when your RB's aren't generating anything, and you have Justin Jefferson...

Thankfully this week's game is the get-right of all get-rights against the woeful Chargers run defense. Should be a hilarious game... you just know one of these 0-2 teams is going to lose to go 0-3 in the most sickening way possible, it's got "weird game" written all over it. Do not put money on this game :lol:
If they lose this game and start 0-3, does Staley get fired on the spot or do they wait a few extra weeks as a formality?

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:31 pm

BabyChark23 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:07 pm If they lose this game and start 0-3, does Staley get fired on the spot or do they wait a few extra weeks as a formality?
Staley's seat has definitely got to be the hottest, by far, for this week.

With the Vikes, at least there was a conscious effort to step back. They let people walk. The defense is worse, and playing junk ball. They know what they are.

Chargers are apparently "all in" on making the playoffs this year. They for sure can't afford to go 0-3.

It's going to be a very telling week if this team packs up and doesn't get it done for their "defensive minded" coach.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:22 pm

Both Akers and Mattison have looked good today.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:45 pm

It brings me no joy to report: it is officially Joever.

https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/17212 ... 43911?s=20

Torn Achilles. My condolences to the Akers faithful.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:49 pm

mild wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:45 pm It brings me no joy to report: it is officially Joever.

https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/17212 ... 43911?s=20

Torn Achilles. My condolences to the Akers faithful.
Really sad to see. Seems like the volume of Achilles injuries is up in football. Rare that a player tears it twice.