SEA RBs - Walker v Charbonnet

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: SEA RBs - Walker v Charbonnet

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:21 am

Well, to the Walker advocates - he’s still near the worst in the league in stuffed runs and his rushing efficiency numbers are not strong. Charbonnet appears to be running in similar game situations and is succeeding about as well as Walker as his workload has risen. It’s pretty much what we discussed earlier - Walker is a boom/bust runner with homerun capability where Charbonnet has less variability and runs stronger but doesn’t give you the big splash play.

That’s a great combination for a NFL team but should give some pause for thought that Walker may be negatively impacted if Charbonnet carves out a greater workload, and he is trending that way. Charbonnet also was out on patterns more than Walker and had a better blocking grade.

Walker has looked great so far and I’m still a fan, but is it sustainable?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:46 pm

Walker was announced offensive player of the week for the NFC.

https://twitter.com/SeahawkNerd/status/ ... 5922955312

Also the stuffed run rate thing, the context is needed. This guy breaks it down fairly well IMO. He's picking his spots much better, and he's created some amazing chunk plays, and a TD, as a result.

https://twitter.com/CigarThoughts/statu ... 0274611556
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:47 pm

Walker has looked good this year, despite some poor OL play. Today really exemplifies what I have been saying all along. He's the 1. The Charbonnet pick was to upgrade the 2 position. The Hawks brass value the RB position more with draft capital than most teams in this da and age.

Charbonnet, the RB2, was out today. Kenneth Walker was the only RB to see a carry. That shows you what they think of the RB positon behind Walker. It's why they drafted Zach, and a reminder of the thread's premise, of the idea that Zach would quite possibly be the guy to take over the better FF option over KW. It's not happening, again, outside of injury. The Hawks don't trust anyone beyond KW, on today's roster, clearly. Charbs is the guy they want for that, and YES. Today is a good sign, that if Walker is to miss time, which he likely will at some point, you can plug Charbs in with confidence, if he's healthy. He'll take the bulk of the touches minus K9.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:33 am

walker's burst and cuts are exceptional. still has the tendency to get lost in traffic if he can't use his top gear soonish, but it's already better than last season.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:11 am

What are folks doing with their Charb shares? Trying to sell to KW owner as a handcuff? Holding?

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:43 am

tstafford wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:11 am What are folks doing with their Charb shares? Trying to sell to KW owner as a handcuff? Holding?
Difficult to say moving forward. Walker is still clearly the RB1 but Charbonnet has been a more productive and reliable rusher when given the opportunity. Walker's stuff rate is still way too high and Charbonnet ypa is significantly better. It looked like Charbonnet was getting earlier opportunities in games before he got hurt. Walker has looked much better in the passing game than last season and has been a more productive receiver.

It still looks to me like it has the ingredients to morph into a RBBC where both guys could be FF relevant. It may be wishful thinking by me as a Charbonnet owner, but he’s shown me his skill set has transferred to the NFL and that both guys are capable RBs. I can easily see the workload getting more balanced as the season wears on as Carroll tries to keep both guys as healthy as possible.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:44 am

tstafford wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:11 am What are folks doing with their Charb shares? Trying to sell to KW owner as a handcuff? Holding?
Clearly holding. He's one injury away from being a top 10 runningback. I load up on these types of RBs (anyone with a pulse) wherever I can, just waiting to flip them. Even on my contenders, my fliers are backup RBs. This year alone I got several basically for free - Moss, Ford, Williams, Henderson. And that's not including the ones I drafted for 2nds like Achane, Charb, Miller, etc.

Sell them when they hit, not before.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:02 am

CGW wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:44 am
Clearly holding. He's one injury away from being a top 10 runningback. I load up on these types of RBs (anyone with a pulse) wherever I can, just waiting to flip them. Even on my contenders, my fliers are backup RBs. This year alone I got several basically for free - Moss, Ford, Williams, Henderson. And that's not including the ones I drafted for 2nds like Achane, Charb, Miller, etc.

Sell them when they hit, not before.
IDK about being top 10, but yeah, he's one injury away from a significant touch share, and that's when you sell, not now.
Janiel Dones Truther

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:42 am

Holding. I have two Charb shares, and I am not selling low.

I have tried to buy Charb in leagues where I own KW3, but sellers still looking for a late 24 1st in 12 team SF leagues, which is too rich for me to pay right now.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:55 am

MacDaddy123 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:42 am

I have tried to buy Charb in leagues where I own KW3, but sellers still looking for a late 24 1st in 12 team SF leagues, which is too rich for me to pay right now.
What would be the point of selling him?

He's an elite handcuff. If you really want to move off you really don't have any choice but to wait until Walker gets injured (like all RBs eventually do) and his value spikes.

Because he's a genuinely good talent he's going to have a lot more trade value than some other elite handcuffs of the past like Alexander Mattison.

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:11 pm

That’s where he was going after this past NFL draft and now he’s shown he can play in the league. You expect his value to drop?

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:23 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:11 pm

That’s where he was going after this past NFL draft and now he’s shown he can play in the league. You expect his value to drop?
Player's performance generally does relate to their current values.
For instance, most would agree that Stroud, LaPorta, and Puka values have increased to the point that all 3 are viewed as 1st round values.
Obviously, for players to move up into 1st round value, other players values have to drop out of 1st round value.

Just the way the game is played. Values change as time rolls on.

Many spent 1st round rookie picks on Elijah Moore a few years back, does he still hold 1st round value?
How about Jeudy, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Rashod Bateman, CEH, Dobbins, Akers, Trey Burks, Jameson Williams?
Are they all still holding 1st round value?

oneson9192
Role Player
Role Player

Postby oneson9192 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:25 pm

Would you still take him in the top 12 picks of this rookie class?

People were talking about Charbonnet "running away with the job" in this very thread during rookie draft season. I think it's fair to say that his value has dropped.
2021 Startup
Superflex – PPR - TE Premium (1.5 PPR) – 12 Team
1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 SF, 1 Flex

QB: J Allen, J Fields, D Jones, W Levis, S Darnold
RB: B Hall, K Walker, T Etienne, R Johnson, D Foreman, J McLaughlin, E Demercado
WR: ARSB, G Wilson, DK Metcalf, B Aiyuk, T Higgins, C Godwin, J Williams, R Bateman
TE: K Pitts, D Goedert, L Musgrave
2024: 1.03, 2.03, 3.11
2025: 1-3-4-4-5

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:26 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:23 pm

Player's performance generally does relate to their current values.
For instance, most would agree that Stroud, LaPorta, and Puka values have increased to the point that all 3 are viewed as 1st round values.
Obviously, for players to move up into 1st round value, other players values have to drop out of 1st round value.

Just the way the game is played. Values change as time rolls on.

Many spent 1st round rookie picks on Elijah Moore a few years back, does he still hold 1st round value?
How about Jeudy, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Rashod Bateman, CEH, Dobbins, Akers, Trey Burks, Jameson Williams?
Are they all still holding 1st round value?
The point being that post draft assessments of him have been pretty much proven to be spot on, which verifies his previous value. Why would his value drop to the same draft slot a year later?

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:34 pm

Sriracha wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:55 am

What would be the point of selling him?

He's an elite handcuff. If you really want to move off you really don't have any choice but to wait until Walker gets injured (like all RBs eventually do) and his value spikes.

Because he's a genuinely good talent he's going to have a lot more trade value than some other elite handcuffs of the past like Alexander Mattison.
Maybe as a win now move?

I have been flipping between contender and pretender all season in one league where I own KW3.
Sure, I want Charbs, but I am not paying a mid 24 1st in a 12 team SF league for him.

Right now the team in 1st place is winning despite Charbonnet's performance.
I just made him an offer of Mostert + Keenan Allen for Charbs and his late 24 1st.

Maybe he takes, it, maybe he doesn't....we'll see.