FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Week 6 Discussion

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:30 am

Anteaters wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:54 pm
frerichs5 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:03 pm
Anteaters wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:29 am
Last time Jimmy missed a game, AOC was the starter and played well enough. Don't overthink this.
Whoops. Hoyer it is
Poor stupid little McDaniels. It's like he's trying to get fired.
It's actually the right choice for the team to try and win a game. He'd lose the vets if they started AOC. AOC isn't going to be the Raiders next franchise QB. This is the right move, for the reasons I stated previously. From experience in the system, to how the last game ended and the veteran presence on the team, Adams, Jacobs etc., they want to win. They don't care about giving some long shot, raw, day 3 guy a try out. Raiders win, and they are 4-3, and 2nd in the division, regardless of the outcome of the Chargers game.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:19 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:30 am
frerichs5 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:03 pm

Whoops. Hoyer it is
It's actually the right choice for the team to try and win a game. He'd lose the vets if they started AOC. AOC isn't going to be the Raiders next franchise QB. This is the right move, for the reasons I stated previously. From experience in the system, to how the last game ended and the veteran presence on the team, Adams, Jacobs etc., they want to win. They don't care about giving some long shot, raw, day 3 guy a try out. Raiders win, and they are 4-3, and 2nd in the division, regardless of the outcome of the Chargers game.
Ask Adams again about what he wants. He just said he is more about his legacy than immediate wins and losses. Adams said if he doesn't get his targets and yards, the management should think about if they really want him there. What Adams wants is a QB who can get him the ball. Hoyer did not do that. AOC was smart enough to target his best receive heavily.

McDaniels obviously has his reasons for starting Hoyer, and you might be right about a lot of those reasons. But appeasing key vets doesn't seem to be high on McDaniels' list of reason. At the least, it appears appeasing his best WR doesn't seem to be his goal.

On to Sunday, where we discover exactly what a career journeyman can do to help LV win. I can't wait to see what happens. :biggrin:
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:12 am

Anteaters wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:19 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:30 am
Ask Adams again about what he wants. He just said he is more about his legacy than immediate wins and losses. Adams said if he doesn't get his targets and yards, the management should think about if they really want him there. What Adams wants is a QB who can get him the ball. Hoyer did not do that. AOC was smart enough to target his best receive heavily.

McDaniels obviously has his reasons for starting Hoyer, and you might be right about a lot of those reasons. But appeasing key vets doesn't seem to be high on McDaniels' list of reason. At the least, it appears appeasing his best WR doesn't seem to be his goal.

On to Sunday, where we discover exactly what a career journeyman can do to help LV win. I can't wait to see what happens. :biggrin:
Hoyer also came in cold, off the bench. AOC had a game plan all week and started, so different scenarios. I expect Adams to be more involved this week, but Adams, I think is still hurt. We shall see, but I think the fact Bagent is playing, also has something to do with it. Turnovers will be key, and I think McDaniels simply trusts Hoyer in the system more than AOC right now. If things go awry, I expect AOC to come in, there won't be much pressure if he comes in, in a situation where they need a jolt.

If Adams cares more about targets and yards than winning, then he's turning into a diva in his later years. I didn't here the exact quote, in context, but that sounds pretty selfish. Sounds like something AB would say, but I am not sure if you're statement is accurate, I'd have to hear it for myself.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:01 am

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:23 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:12 am If Adams cares more about targets and yards than winning, then he's turning into a diva in his later years. I didn't here the exact quote, in context, but that sounds pretty selfish. Sounds like something AB would say, but I am not sure if you're statement is accurate, I'd have to hear it for myself.
Adams didn't say anything diva-ish, it was all completely reasonable and professional. Zero lies detected, and nothing really close to what is being suggesting here. Not really sure why he's being misconstrued by you guys. Weird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMxwyOPF1uA

Despite the fact that Davante Adams has for sure earned the benefit of our doubt over the Raiders organisation, visa-vi professionalism, over the last 10 years... come on now. We can trust that guy to call a spade a spade, and to tell it how it is. That's all he's doing.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:43 am

mild wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:23 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:12 am If Adams cares more about targets and yards than winning, then he's turning into a diva in his later years. I didn't here the exact quote, in context, but that sounds pretty selfish. Sounds like something AB would say, but I am not sure if you're statement is accurate, I'd have to hear it for myself.
Adams didn't say anything diva-ish, it was all completely reasonable and professional. Zero lies detected, and nothing really close to what is being suggesting here. Not really sure why he's being misconstrued by you guys. Weird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMxwyOPF1uA

Despite the fact that Davante Adams has for sure earned the benefit of our doubt over the Raiders organisation, visa-vi professionalism, over the last 10 years... come on now. We can trust that guy to call a spade a spade, and to tell it how it is. That's all he's doing.
Adams said before the trade to LV that he was concerned with being in a situation that would allow him to continue to post big stats, and that part of the reason he chose the Raiders was he knew Carr could get him the ball. Now that he's gone a couple of weeks with low target share, he brought up that topic again. He's been very up front about his desire to receive a lot of targets, and I see nothing wrong about it.

One thing Adams said this past week was that [paraphrasing] the W-L record isn't the truest gauge of how well a team actually is because a team can play like crap but win because they played a team that played crappier. Adams is very correct about that -- he's been around football a long time and he knows better than to get all rah-rah because a blah team is 3-2.

Adams recognizes the fools gold situation he's in. He can be the "good team player", accept low target percentages and lower stats, and watch his low-talent team miss the playoffs. Or he can speak up about his desire for target share, get his stats, and still miss the playoffs anyway. Adams went on to say LV has a better chance to win by putting its best players in a position to do well, and part of doing that means the QBs/Coaches have to target him.

Hopefully they're listening.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser