All Things Bears

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: All Things Bears

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:31 am

Only need to go 8-3 the rest of the year to get to that 9-8 record.

Csl312
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Csl312 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:43 am

As a bears fan, I don't blame Caleb for avoiding the team. I'd do the same. Why go somewhere that has proven they can't help you grow into the potential you have?

topher
All Pro
All Pro

Postby topher » Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:29 am

I have this weird feeling the Patriots are going to wind up with 1.01

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:59 am

Csl312 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:43 am As a bears fan, I don't blame Caleb for avoiding the team. I'd do the same. Why go somewhere that has proven they can't help you grow into the potential you have?
I'm not sure if the leaks we've heard about Caleb trying to dictate his NFL destination or assume ownership of whatever team drafts him is true.. but is anyone else worried that he might have some knuckle head factor? Leadership is a huge part of playing QB in the NFL and all the talent in the world isn't going to overcome poor leadership.

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:12 am

Sriracha wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:59 am
Csl312 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:43 am As a bears fan, I don't blame Caleb for avoiding the team. I'd do the same. Why go somewhere that has proven they can't help you grow into the potential you have?
I'm not sure if the leaks we've heard about Caleb trying to dictate his NFL destination or assume ownership of whatever team drafts him is true.. but is anyone else worried that he might have some knuckle head factor? Leadership is a huge part of playing QB in the NFL and all the talent in the world isn't going to overcome poor leadership.
Where are these leaks. The only thing I have seen is the pops dogging on the draft. Nothing about.any specific team
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:16 am

81- wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:12 am
Where are these leaks. The only thing I have seen is the pops dogging on the draft. Nothing about.any specific team
Yeah, his dad talked about if it isn't "a good situation", and I am simply pointing out the Bears qualify as that, and would be surprised if he was OK with going there.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:37 am

I think the only way he comes here is if he has conversations with Poles/Bears and they agree on a coach (Harbaugh) and some decisions moving forward (the other 1st round pick, Harrison, etc.). Or maybe they just trade down and take Maye IDK. It's such a mess. I have a hard time trusting ANYONE in that building.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:58 am

81- wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:12 am
Never said he mentioned a specific team other than the random 5 teams he'd be "willing to play for".

There's been recent blurbs about him wanting a slice of ownership for whatever team drafted him.

Again, I don't know if these are true but if they are.. they do raise some character concerns for me, at least. Could see something like what's happening between Kyler Murray and the Cardinals right now.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:30 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:37 am I think the only way he comes here is if he has conversations with Poles/Bears and they agree on a coach (Harbaugh) and some decisions moving forward (the other 1st round pick, Harrison, etc.). Or maybe they just trade down and take Maye IDK. It's such a mess. I have a hard time trusting ANYONE in that building.
A foe and I were just talking recently about who it would take to right the ship in CHI. Obviously it's still early and coaching hot seats are all still up in the air, but I couldn't think of a single name. And it's not even about the money as they could throw any amount around and it still might not stick. (Harbaugh isn't going to jump into that dumpster fire for any amount of money)

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:38 pm

People are ridiculously overrating the dumpster fire status

Team with clean cap sheet and two top 3 picks in a QB heavy draft in a foggy division = one of the most attractive GM openings in years

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:47 pm

Poeple do remember this was a full on tear down just last year?

Poles isn't going any where. And for the most part I like what he has done

I think the same could be said for eberflus. He has the D playing better since he took over play calling.

I'd take Caleb and let the current staff roll on. Too many teams and fans are turn it over happy.
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:50 pm

81- wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:47 pm Poeple do remember this was a full on tear down just last year?

Poles isn't going any where. And for the most part I like what he has done

I think the same could be said for eberflus. He has the D playing better since he took over play calling.

I'd take Caleb and let the current staff roll on. Too many teams and fans are turn it over happy.
Poles sure (unless Harbaugh is interested and wants personnel control)

Eberflus is making a run at the worst NFL coach of all time record. One more season might be enough to get him there

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:00 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:37 am I think the only way he comes here is if he has conversations with Poles/Bears and they agree on a coach (Harbaugh) and some decisions moving forward (the other 1st round pick, Harrison, etc.). Or maybe they just trade down and take Maye IDK. It's such a mess. I have a hard time trusting ANYONE in that building.
IMO, a coach will not fix the Bears passing game problems.

I don't want any Bears QB/WR until they build a dome stadium like Detroit and Minnesota.
Then I don't have to worry about the Windy City being the problem.

Bears, over 100 years as an NFL franchise, and only franchise in the NFL without a 4,000 yard passing season by a QB.
Build a dome stadium, create a climate for successful passing in the current NFL standards.

When fantasy playoff time comes, I even start to worry if my players have a road game in Cleveland, Chicago, Green Bay, and what the weather conditions will be like.
I have had many top WR's crap the bed in a fantasy playoff game due to high winds/rain/snow.

First things first, create a real indoor climate that will help Chicago step into the 21st century passing game.
It's not 1950 anymore. You need more to win in the NFL now than Dick Butkus (RIP) and a great running game.

When you get the indoor stadium, then you can worry about how to build the rest of the organizational structure (GM, Coach, etc.)

Until then, stop wasting high draft picks on QB's, and ruining their careers.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:57 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:00 pm
IMO, a coach will not fix the Bears passing game problems.

I don't want any Bears QB/WR until they build a dome stadium like Detroit and Minnesota.
Then I don't have to worry about the Windy City being the problem.

Bears, over 100 years as an NFL franchise, and only franchise in the NFL without a 4,000 yard passing season by a QB.
Build a dome stadium, create a climate for successful passing in the current NFL standards.

When fantasy playoff time comes, I even start to worry if my players have a road game in Cleveland, Chicago, Green Bay, and what the weather conditions will be like.
I have had many top WR's crap the bed in a fantasy playoff game due to high winds/rain/snow.

First things first, create a real indoor climate that will help Chicago step into the 21st century passing game.
It's not 1950 anymore. You need more to win in the NFL now than Dick Butkus (RIP) and a great running game.

When you get the indoor stadium, then you can worry about how to build the rest of the organizational structure (GM, Coach, etc.)

Until then, stop wasting high draft picks on QB's, and ruining their careers.
Looks at DJM, who has @CLE, home, home, @GB his last 4 games of the year

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:38 pm

The weather? Seriously wtf?

Because we all know cold weather teams like Green Bay and New England have never had passing games worth investing in

The Bears miss on QBs because they pick bad QBs and most WRs can't be relevant with a bad QB, and almost none can be elite with one--not because it's cold in December

The Bills passing wise were mostly a fantasy wasteland for years until Allen broke out and Diggs showed up (few exemptions like Stevie Johnson in there but still). Did they raise the temperatures too?