Kyren Williams

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Kyren Williams

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:39 pm

Even if he's not a long-term lead back (don't think he is), his floor has to be really high as a receiving option long-term. He seems to play and fit what McVay wants in an RB and they keep rewarding him for it.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:23 pm

seahawks506 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:05 pm
mild wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:49 pm I have a question for the group:

Who would get the snaps if Kyren Williams went down?

I ask only because this 96% snap rate does seem to be quite aggressive for a 200lb back that we've already seen miss time...

Depth Chart has RB2 as Ronnie Rivers. Anything to see here? He's free on all wires, I've got to think.

RB3 is our forgotten man Zach Evans, onetime devy darling...
I went and grabbed Rivers in a couple deeper leagues. They clearly like and trust him so I think he could have some value if Kyren got hurt. Unless they sign Fournette I don't really see a major competitor for that backup spot.
FWIW - Rivers had a couple nice carries this week against the Colts, and looks like the guy at RB2 in LAR ahead of Zach Evans.

It is, of course, possible - that in the event of a Kyren Williams injury, that they would sign someone - or just platoon the job between RR and Zach Evans.

Just based on what happened in the game, though - it would look like Rivers would get first shot, if everything stays the same. Could be a worthy stash - Kyren is continuing to operate at 90%+ snap share and weighs 200lbs. He's also currently dealing with a hip injury.

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:40 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:36 pm Redraft League Winner, perhaps. He keeps playing like this, may be the guy next year, too.
League winner this season in dynasty too.

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:26 pm

Regression to the mean but still pretty positive week.
10 team Dynasty Superflex, 1 PPR, 20 + 3 IR player roster
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SFlex, Flex, DEF

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen
RB: Nick Chubb, J.K. Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Khalil Herbert, Tank Bigsby, Jaylen Warren, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Tank Bigsby
WR: Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Ja’Marr Chase, Calvin Ridley, Tank Dell
TE:T.J. Hockenson, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:07 pm

Damn he’s looking good.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:10 pm

Ryantacular wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:07 pm Damn he’s looking good.
He runs so hard. He's all effort. That TD run was pure desire.

That run where his helmet got knocked off and he got up with the helmet hanging down below his chin with his mouthguard still in, holding the helmet, was something.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:21 pm

It makes sense now why they wanted to get him on the field so much going back to last year. Injuries just prevented it. He's a good football player and plays how they want their RB to play in this scheme.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:44 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:10 pm

That run where his helmet got knocked off and he got up with the helmet hanging down below his chin with his mouthguard still in, holding the helmet, was something.
Especially when you consider he was visibly gassed from the 3-4 previous plays

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:02 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:10 pm

He’s got heart for sure. And his center of gravity and where he bends at the hips when he shifts is exactly what I like to see. Hoping his size doesn’t mean oft injured.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:37 pm

Getting the "nasty" shout out. Angry runs. Unfortunately, he may miss some time, as with Rivers. They will likely elevate someone from the practice squad, they can't go with Evans and nobody.

https://twitter.com/KyleBrandt/status/1 ... 7028749384
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:42 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:37 pm [youtube][/youtube]Getting the "nasty" shout out. Angry runs. Unfortunately, he may miss some time, as with Rivers. They will likely elevate someone from the practice squad, they can't go with Evans and nobody.

Who do you think they're going to bring in and do they seem likely to hand the keys over to Evans in the short term?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:48 pm

Sriracha wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:42 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:37 pm [youtube][/youtube]Getting the "nasty" shout out. Angry runs. Unfortunately, he may miss some time, as with Rivers. They will likely elevate someone from the practice squad, they can't go with Evans and nobody.

Who do you think they're going to bring in and do they seem likely to hand the keys over to Evans in the short term?
Depends how much they trust him. I doubt they use him as a high touch back, likely a committee approach, but we shall see. Kyren definitely won't be losing his job after that performance, but I honestly can't say. Royce Freeman was on their initial practice squad, so I'd assume he gets elevated, if he's still on it. I think he is. He's a veteran who's had playing time in the league. Big guy, if he is solid in pass pro, he likely gets some time. Pass pro is likely a big factor getting on the field short term, Evans is a raw rookie, so I think they likely lean on Stafford and company a bit more for a few games, and whatever RB can protect him, will be out there more.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:56 pm

Sorry. Just let me be a salty Akers truther for a moment
Kyren Williams gained a career-high 126 rushing yards on 13 carries outside the tackles against the Cardinals.

Williams did not face 8+ defenders in the box on any of his 20+ carries for the second time this season. No other player has one such game.
I guess Akers is just a big o’l dummy, and maybe he couldn’t learn the playbook. But it’s really unfortunate they didn’t scheme him up like they did literally every other running back they've ever used.

Kyren Williams 6.1 avg defenders in the box. 1.3% stacked front. 83.1% light front.

Akers 7.1 avg defenders in the box. 31.3% stacked front. 21.9% light front.

FUCCCCKKKKK YOUUUUY MCVAAAYYYYY

Ok, you can go back to your regularly scheduled programming now

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:42 am

Sriracha wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:42 pm

The guy set to be elevated is Royce Freeman from the practice squad.

I would imagine it'll be a committee of those two guys, plus whoever else they can find off the scrap heap.

Sadly, for my Ronnie Rivers stashing brethren - it sounds like his injury is even worse than Kyren's - he's likely headed for short term IR.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:06 am

Yeah, I was stashing Rivers too since I didn't think it was possible for Kyren to keep up this kind of workload at 190lbs... of course he gets injured in the same game. :doh:

You guys are probably right about it being a committee, though. Haven't heard much about Evans at all this year and Rolls Royce is a ride that never left the parking lot :lol: