Highest point total (in ppr) rookie WR for 2023 will be…

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Highest point total (in ppr) rookie WR for 2023 will be…

Postby Sriracha » Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:36 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:17 pm
I ultimately had Mingo #2 WR in this class for fantasy but after JSN I had several rated really close. (Not a ton of separation this year IMO at WR) I grabbed him at 1.9 and 2.4 in leagues and based on my rankings, he was a solid choice there. Interestingly he was the 5th WR off the board in both of those leagues.

Love his intensity and think he went to an outstanding situation to develop. Time will tell but he doesn't seem like too much of a risk IMO. I had a mid 1st round grade based on how I look at a players skill set.

The players that really focus on production will mark him down. The Panthers obviously didn't.

I believe his best football is ahead of him and he will develop into a very good player in a few years as their #1 WR.
Can you elaborate a bit on what part of his skillset made him a mid 1st rounder for you? I’m also curious about which role you see him having success with in the NFL.

Do you see him developing into an all around WR?

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:25 pm

Sriracha wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:36 pm
Ice wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:17 pm
I ultimately had Mingo #2 WR in this class for fantasy but after JSN I had several rated really close. (Not a ton of separation this year IMO at WR) I grabbed him at 1.9 and 2.4 in leagues and based on my rankings, he was a solid choice there. Interestingly he was the 5th WR off the board in both of those leagues.

Love his intensity and think he went to an outstanding situation to develop. Time will tell but he doesn't seem like too much of a risk IMO. I had a mid 1st round grade based on how I look at a players skill set.

The players that really focus on production will mark him down. The Panthers obviously didn't.

I believe his best football is ahead of him and he will develop into a very good player in a few years as their #1 WR.
Can you elaborate a bit on what part of his skillset made him a mid 1st rounder for you? I’m also curious about which role you see him having success with in the NFL.

Do you see him developing into an all around WR?
I actually see him developing as an elite NFL WR within 3 years if not sooner.

There is a ton to like about him.

1) He looks to have an elite first step IMO off either foot to beat press

2) Elite Ball tracking skills in routes with back shoulder and comeback awareness to make plays.

4) Smooth and plays fearless over the middle; After the catch he demonstrates subtle change of direction to make defenders miss and separate.

5) Tremendous play strength similar to Deebo in that regard.

6) My favorite trait is no tells. He shows the catch very late with his arms not giving DB’s time react. Plucks the ball out of the air very quickly.

I describe his play style as subtle aggression.

Really liked the plays I analyzed on Mingo.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:32 am

Putting 💰 where my 👄 is. Got my Mingo share 😁 🍻

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:57 pm

ANY news on this guy? I haven't heard a peep about him, good or bad. I've heard Marshall is making some plays, and seem some clip of Chark, but nothing about Mingo.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:26 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:57 pm ANY news on this guy? I haven't heard a peep about him, good or bad. I've heard Marshall is making some plays, and seem some clip of Chark, but nothing about Mingo.
He's there, I've seen a couple blurbs where he's caught TD's in RZ work.

On the other hand, this is (probably) the weakest WR room in the league - so if he's failing to stand out, it may be that he's just not that special (or is a slow starter).

I'm guessing we'll get plenty of Mingo in the preseason game against the Jets this Sunday.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:10 pm

Mingo had his best week yet. He should have had a TD, but Bryce missed the throw, too. Not a great game, but at least he was 5 out of 7.

I think Addison is in line to put up better numbers, now, with the JJ injury.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:08 pm

Well everyone was wrong it’s Puka by a mile

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:40 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:08 pm Well everyone was wrong it’s Puka by a mile
I couldn’t remember if anyone had Puka. He’s almost already uncatchable at this point for 2023 (barring injury)

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:11 am

Yeah we can forget about Puka, next up seems like a fairly close race between Tank (64 points), Addison, Flowers, Wilson, Downs, Mims, Rice (46 points).

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:43 am

Addison in the best position outside of Puka still, especially with JJ injury. Flowers probably finishes top 5 rookie WR. I'd guess that Downs and Tank are the other 2. If Tank misses more time, next guess is Wilson. Unless Mims and Rice start seeing more action

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:00 pm

Jrblaha wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:40 pm I couldn’t remember if anyone had Puka. He’s almost already uncatchable at this point for 2023 (barring injury)
I thought this might be hyperbole but you're not wrong. He's absolutely lapping the field. Top 5 through 5 weeks:

Puka Nacua 115.6 fpts
Tank Dell 64.3 fpts
Jordan Addison 61.9
Zay Flowers 61.8
Michael Wilson 52.5

Tank Dell is impressive being 2nd on this considering he's already missed a game.

Jordan Addison definitely has an outside chance to start asserting for that 2nd spot going forward. Naturally, it all goes out the window if they trade Cousins...

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:10 pm

If only Zay caught one of those couple drops this past week

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:48 pm

mild wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:00 pm Jordan Addison definitely has an outside chance to start asserting for that 2nd spot going forward. Naturally, it all goes out the window if they trade Cousins...
Under the radar news report today re. Cousins... sounds like we can lock Addison into our lineups for the next little while:
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports Vikings QB Kirk Cousins will not waive his no-trade clause and will remain in Minnesota through the end of the season.

Cousins signed a one-year extension with the franchise that included a no-trade clause this offseason and appears intent on remaining in Minnesota through the end of the year. That would allow him the opportunity to renegotiate a new deal after the season. The report comes on the backs of an updated recovery timeline for alpha wide receiver Justin Jefferson, placing him out for the next 4-6 weeks. The 1-4 Vikings sit on the bottom of the NFC North.
Looking forward to seeing Addison in a featured role.

Edit: just looked at the actual tweet from Schefty and there's a "short of a change / unforeseen circumstances" tacked on the end there. So I guess the door is still like... 2% ajar.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:50 pm

Yeah it never made sense he’d be traded unless he’s getting a long term deal somewhere

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:09 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:50 pm Yeah it never made sense he’d be traded unless he’s getting a long term deal somewhere
I'd like to see Atlanta miss the playoffs, Smith gets fired, Ben Johnson gets hired as HC, and signs Cousins to be his "Goff", to right the ship on that offense, with all that top 10 talent, and a good looking D. The Falcons could win how many more games in a year, with Cousins over Ridder? 3? 4?