Van Jefferson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Van Jefferson

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:54 pm

Had the chance this year to show he was the guy. He's not, not even close. His disappearing act this season was perplexing. Ah well, not like you had to pay anything to get him. Just another waiver wire pick up that heads back to the waiver wire when you need roster space.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:05 pm

Time to sell was when this thread was made lol

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:06 pm

Anteaters wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:19 pm I'm actually happy VJ has left LA for ATL. It certainly can't get any worse in Atlanta than it's been so far in 2023 for Van. It may not be better ... but it cannot be worse.

:shock:

Spinning a move from being a depth receiver for one of the most pass-heavy offenses in the league with a QB that is throwing at an elite level right now...

... to a Desmond Ridder run-first offense that can barely float Kyle Pitts and Drake London already - as a sideways "it can't get worse" move...?

That's certainly a choice.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:34 pm

mild wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:06 pm
Anteaters wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:19 pm I'm actually happy VJ has left LA for ATL. It certainly can't get any worse in Atlanta than it's been so far in 2023 for Van. It may not be better ... but it cannot be worse.

Spinning a move from being a depth receiver for one of the most pass-heavy offenses in the league with a QB that is throwing at an elite level right now...

... to a Desmond Ridder run-first offense that can barely float Kyle Pitts and Drake London already - as a sideways "it can't get worse" move...?

Arthur Smith will probably feed him and Jonnu Smith and the focal points of the passing game though

Gotta remember that

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:41 am

In five games this season, Van has four receptions for 24 yards and zero TDs. All I'm saying is it is virtually impossible for his stats to be worse in Atlanta than they were in LA. There was a chance his stats for the next five games would have declined in LA because he accomplished that mountain of production when Kupp was out. Now that Kupp is on the field again, the logical assumption is every other receiver in LA will have less production. Not good for Jefferson.

If Jefferson gets more than 24 yards in his first five games in Atlanta, it will be an improvement.

Let's keep track together, shall we?
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:29 am

Anteaters wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:41 am

In five games this season, Van has four receptions for 24 yards and zero TDs. All I'm saying is it is virtually impossible for his stats to be worse in Atlanta than they were in LA. There was a chance his stats for the next five games would have declined in LA because he accomplished that mountain of production when Kupp was out. Now that Kupp is on the field again, the logical assumption is every other receiver in LA will have less production. Not good for Jefferson.

If Jefferson gets more than 24 yards in his first five games in Atlanta, it will be an improvement.

I think I'd take the over on 24 yards in five games. However, it won't matter. He wasn't FF relevant in LA and won't be in ATL. Of course Drake London isn't FF relevant either . . . (JK, but sort of not!)

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:54 am

tstafford wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:29 am
Anteaters wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:41 am

I think I'd take the over on 24 yards in five games. However, it won't matter. He wasn't FF relevant in LA and won't be in ATL. Of course Drake London isn't FF relevant either . . . (JK, but sort of not!)
True. And I get Mild's point, that LA's offense is better for a receiver than Atlanta's. Ultimately, Van was garbage in LA and will be garbage in Atlanta in that system.

Honestly I'm surprised any team saw enough in Van to trade for him. That alone makes me want to light the candle for my share again.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:38 am

Anteaters wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:54 am Honestly I'm surprised any team saw enough in Van to trade for him. That alone makes me want to light the candle for my share again.
So long as your Candle has the equivalent value of a 6th for 7th round pick swap, I say go nuts.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:10 am

mild wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:38 am
Anteaters wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:54 am Honestly I'm surprised any team saw enough in Van to trade for him. That alone makes me want to light the candle for my share again.
So long as your Candle has the equivalent value of a 6th for 7th round pick swap, I say go nuts.
The Akers/Claypool special, yum

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:40 am

Could it really get worse? Can you kill what is dead? You can’t get dead-er
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:46 am

j4pac wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:40 am Could it really get worse? Can you kill what is dead? You can’t get dead-er
This essentially brought him back to life with 1 HP, giving some people false hope. He shall be dead soon again.