2024 Rule Change Discussion

The league forum for the Tecmo Bowl Fantasy League

Moderators: TrueDawg, monkeybones, Dionosys

monkeybones
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

2024 Rule Change Discussion

Postby monkeybones » Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:37 pm

Post any rules you think should be changed for next year.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: 2024 Rule Change Discussion

Postby TrueDawg » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:15 am

Another futures contract slot and DS spot. Part of what's fun about this league is trying to identify those "hidden gem" players and 2 slots is pretty limiting... you often have to basically give up on a guy from the previous year in order to put a guy in one of those spots in the current year. And the whole point of these slots is patience to give these guys time to develop.

Ability for team trading away a player to eat some of his contract via cap hit to lower his contract value for the team acquiring him. Stipulation... you cannot do this with a player you signed in the current offseason. This stipulation will prevent team A (who doesn't have a ton of cap space) from asking team B (who does have a ton of cap space) to go win a UFA and then trade him at a significantly reduced contract value that team A can afford. This would include renegotiated players, since you're effectively giving them a new contract. Maybe we also put a cap on how much of the contract you can eat (30%?).

Example: I have Davante Adams for 2 years @ 37k... I take a 14k cap hit to trade him to someone else, where his contract would then be 2 years @ 30k (cuz I've eaten 7k in each of his 2 remaining years).

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:57 pm

We need to clearly define the rules around trading players on futures contracts.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:03 pm

Discuss in-season promotion of guys on futures contracts.

This is currently now allowed but should be... but at an increased cost compared to offseason promotion (which is 5% of FT). Also possibly limiting to 1 or 2 years if an owner decides to promote in-season.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:17 am

I think we should consider implementing a "discount" for players who are on IR. In KFFL, only 20% of the player's salary counted against the cap while on IR. Maybe an 80% discount is a bit steep but I'd like to see us do something (maybe a 25% discount). Implementing this would make an injury to a stud like Nick Chubb not quite as crippling.