Michael Wilson - WR - Cardinals (Stanford)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Michael Wilson - WR - Cardinals (Stanford)

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:01 am

he was waiting for me to trade him before breaking out, the arsewhole!

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:52 am

I don't think I'm selling him for a 2nd either. There was a ton of talk about how he was dominating camp and now we are seeing it on fairly limited snaps (43% week 2, 67% week 3). He's their only WR with decent size and he's playing really well. He's not in the top tier of rookie production, but he's within striking distance of the rookies I go after about this time every year at 59.3ypg.

I'm going to wait and see how this plays out with Murray back. He could really work into a true alpha role for a QB who's been historically not only very accurate, but not afraid to lock onto a bigger WR (Hopkins).

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:20 am

His situation is one of the more volatile in the league. The Cards went into the season looking at two top 5 draft picks (theirs and the Texans. Those were potentially going to be Caleb and Marvin Harrison Jr. But... Stroud is turning out to be so good that he won't let the Texans get a top 5 pick, and Dobbs is making the Cards competitive and could push them out of the top 5. Meanwhile in Chicago they currently own the 1.01 and 1.02 picks and have needs at QB (likely) and DEFINITELY WR.

All this said, MWilson is probably the current WR2 in ARI, and if he balls out has a pathway to WR1 in ARI if Brown leaves next year. Not saying it's going to happen, just that it is within his range of possible outcomes.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:07 pm

CGW wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:52 am I don't think I'm selling him for a 2nd either. There was a ton of talk about how he was dominating camp and now we are seeing it on fairly limited snaps (43% week 2, 67% week 3). He's their only WR with decent size and he's playing really well. He's not in the top tier of rookie production, but he's within striking distance of the rookies I go after about this time every year at 59.3ypg.

I'm going to wait and see how this plays out with Murray back. He could really work into a true alpha role for a QB who's been historically not only very accurate, but not afraid to lock onto a bigger WR (Hopkins).
Yep. In fact I was offered a second and there just isn’t any reason to do it… So I get a 2nd with the intention of taking a shot at someone who turns out pretty much like Wilson seems to be turning out, so why would I do that?
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes,
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 3 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7, 1.11… 1 2nd 2.17… 1 3rd 3.31…

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:33 pm

Payton34 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:07 pm
CGW wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:52 am I don't think I'm selling him for a 2nd either. There was a ton of talk about how he was dominating camp and now we are seeing it on fairly limited snaps (43% week 2, 67% week 3). He's their only WR with decent size and he's playing really well. He's not in the top tier of rookie production, but he's within striking distance of the rookies I go after about this time every year at 59.3ypg.

Yep. In fact I was offered a second and there just isn’t any reason to do it… So I get a 2nd with the intention of taking a shot at someone who turns out pretty much like Wilson seems to be turning out, so why would I do that?
The people telling you to sell for a 2nd are guys who weren't really sold on him pre-draft and just bought in because of his price tag.

The Wilson truthers see a WR with size, a fantastic release package and the ability to separate while being a decent YAC receiver -- exactly what you want out of a fantasy WR.

If people want off this ride for a sizeable profit a 2nd is a decent return.. but personally I see his value only going up so long as he avoids the injury bug. This guy has elite upside and he's already showing flashes.

I do admit to being slightly biased here as I reached for him in all of my drafts. :lol:

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:44 pm

He looks really good. Very fluid in his routes and breaks. I think he could be the best WR on the cards at the end of the season.

I can't believe people here talking about moving him for 2nds after what they've seen. Maybe they're just looking at the stats and not the actual film.

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Big Al » Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:30 am

I just picked him up for what should be a 2024 mid 2nd rounder. He seems well worth that.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:49 am

Can someone please explain why this guy didn’t even have a target last week until there were less than 6 minutes left in the game (especially given the game script) when he was such a significant part of the passing game the previous week?

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:46 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:49 am Can someone please explain why this guy didn’t even have a target last week until there were less than 6 minutes left in the game (especially given the game script) when he was such a significant part of the passing game the previous week?
That explanation probably sounds like Frank Reich’s explanation of why Terrace Marshall led them in targets and catches last week and didn’t play a snap this week.