2023 week 3

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: 2023 week 3

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:50 am

As soon as the Rams lost their starting LT their offense went to crap. The back up tackle got beat every single down. Every down.

Yet Mcvay had noteboom stuck at right guard. I don't get it.

Kept calling pass plays even though Stafford had no chance of making a play with Hendrickson bearing down on him every down

Mcvay screwed the Rams in that game.

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:02 am

trc wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:44 pm
seahawks506 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:06 pm
BlackOmega wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:49 pm looks like the Eagles are using a 50-50 split for Swift and Gainwell, Swift was the back in the 1st and 3rd quarters, Gainwell was in for the 2nd and came in to start the 4th as well. Time will tell if they stick with that for the season or make further modifications
Gainwell is getting the 4th Q because the game is basically over and they want to keep Swift fresh. When the game is competitive, they're using Swift much more than Gainwell except when it's a 2 minute drill type situation. They still trust Gainwell more and I think the first Hurts INT where Swift seemed to run the wrong route shows that. Also if the eagles are trailing I think they'll use Gainwell more.

Also, I think the eye test shows just how much more dynamic Swift is. He just needs to stay healthy.
To the bolded parts, which is it? Isn't trailing and competitive more or less the same situation? Sans 2 minute drills ofc.
They're not going to be trailing much this year, especially not enough to stop running. It would need to be a pretty negative gamescript for Gainwell to outsnap Swift, is more specifically what I was getting at.
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:21 am

Happy to see Charlie Jones get involved a little more in the Bengals offense after returning a punt for a TD in week 2.

Seriously, way more excited to see Chase get off last night. :dance:

Swift looks like he might just be for real this season. Hopefully, it's for real for real.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:34 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:42 pm
BlackOmega wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:49 pm looks like the Eagles are using a 50-50 split for Swift and Gainwell, Swift was the back in the 1st and 3rd quarters, Gainwell was in for the 2nd and came in to start the 4th as well. Time will tell if they stick with that for the season or make further modifications
On another note, Hurts doesn't look as good as he did last year, as a passer. He's still getting those tush push TD's for your FF, but doesn't look like the same player yet. This team is so stacked it doesn't matter right now, though.
If you take away week 1, I think Hurts looks fine. If you're only stat watching then I get it because the numbers aren't quite there. There were a few passes dropped that either would have extended the drive or led to a TD instead of a punt/FG. AJB dropped one right in the end zone

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:12 am

Anteaters wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:21 am Happy to see Charlie Jones get involved a little more in the Bengals offense after returning a punt for a TD in week 2.

Seriously, way more excited to see Chase get off last night. :dance:

Swift looks like he might just be for real this season. Hopefully, it's for real for real.
Swift is always for real…until he’s not. The sell window has reopened
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:14 am

Anyone see TLaw play? Week 2 he was just off target with his throws. He must have overthrown 6 plays in the end zone alone. Was it more of the same this week against a hurt HOU secondary? I view this guy as a FF franchise cornerstone and right now he’s not getting it done.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:02 pm

Rashee Rice second in targets behind Kelce, was a review overturn away from TD #2.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:00 pm

steelman wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:34 am If you take away week 1, I think Hurts looks fine. If you're only stat watching then I get it because the numbers aren't quite there. There were a few passes dropped that either would have extended the drive or led to a TD instead of a punt/FG. AJB dropped one right in the end zone
Tacking on, AJB had two TD's in-and-out of his hands last night. I firmly believe it's coming, Hurts made a point of feeding him all game - 9 for 131 is a nice game from him all the same.

I asked my Iggles friend what he makes of their slower start this year - obviously they're still a ridiculously good team handing out convincing b2b losses to the Vikes and upstart Bucs - but if you made Jalen Hurts mvp bets this year, those probably aren't coming in...

His response:
"I think it’s a combo of no preseason reps combined with new OC / DC - DC less of an issue on pure talent so it’s showing up less.
But it’s definitely lacking identity offensively for me. We can run the ball effectively but I’d like to see that be the conduit to Hurts taking over. So far it looks tentative"
"Going 3-0 and maybe ramping up by week 5/6 is a good start if we don’t drop any games"
Well observed, imo.