Quentin Johnston is the new MikeEvans/

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Quentin Johnston reminds me of and/or will have a career similar to this tall WR ... (choose two)

Mike Evans
6%
Allen Robinson
3%
Tee Higgins
9%
MVScantling
19%
DJ Chark
13%
AJ Green
3%
Mike Williams
26%
DKM
7%
other (whom)
16%

Total votes: 70

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Quentin Johnston is the new MikeEvans/

Postby Ruggenater » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:19 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:16 am
Prison_Mike wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:26 am I've got a year-one punt team where I landed Ford late in the startup and Kyren on waivers. Chubb owner is down to starting Charbonnet and Gus @ RB. Would y'all send Ford/Kyren for QJ?

(I'd rather have his 1st but he doesn't seem interested in that)
I’d shop those two around. I think you can do better.
Agreed. If you want to target Johnston, Kyren alone could get it done.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:19 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:29 am
CGW wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:07 am
frerichs5 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:37 am I don’t think that thinking of him as an early-mid 2nd is really dropping him that much, if at all (if we are talking SF leagues). Was he a back half 1st round pick this year? Yes. But it was also a year no one seemed excited about that part of the draft and many were trying to trade out. He was picked in a lot of cases because there was no one else worthy of being picked there either IMO. So yes, this year he was a 1st. Other years….maybe, maybe not.
I looked back at my 6 drafts and see that QJ was taken ahead of Flowers in all 6 drafts. Surprising to me, but it explains why I have so much Flowers and no QJ.
Yup, a lot of Flowers. JSN or Addison if I picked high enough. QJ never fell late enough in the 1st for me.

Dropping him in ranks isn't necessarily about him, but more about guys like Laporta looking really good. No way I'd take QJ over Laporta if given the choice now, but back in May? I would've taken QJ.

People don't want to wait until year 3 for a breakout. And in these passing offenses that feature 2 or 3 guys, I think it's reasonable to expect most early picks to do something of note early on. Giving QJ a pass for now because of Keenan and Williams though.

Dynasty is being treated more and more like the stock market. Buy low, sell high. I may have to really start projecting year 1 for some of these guys and incorporating that into my rookie ranks. Not necessarily Situation > Talent. But if you know the situation isn't going to be there year 1, the rookies value likely drops
I also think the NFL has changed. Rookies are coming out more prepared than ever. The year 3 trajectory is being shifted unless a player is absolutely buried on the depth chart. It seems that player value plummets if they haven't shown anything headed into year 3.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:25 am

Ruggenater wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:19 am
Prison_Mike wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:26 am I've got a year-one punt team where I landed Ford late in the startup and Kyren on waivers. Chubb owner is down to starting Charbonnet and Gus @ RB. Would y'all send Ford/Kyren for QJ?

(I'd rather have his 1st but he doesn't seem interested in that)
Yeah I should've been more clear. When I said Kyren/Ford, I meant one or the other, not both.

But even that has me hesitating. I liked QJ coming into the year but the lack of usage prior to being (presumably) thrust into the starting role due to injury has me scared off a bit

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:05 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:25 am
Ruggenater wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:19 am

Yeah I should've been more clear. When I said Kyren/Ford, I meant one or the other, not both.

But even that has me hesitating. I liked QJ coming into the year but the lack of usage prior to being (presumably) thrust into the starting role due to injury has me scared off a bit
I don't have a ton of faith in Q and expect Palmer to benefit most from Mike's injury. I would hold both RB's over him
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts