Josh Gordon

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Josh Gordon

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:35 am

I think you can drop him now. :D

Nothing happened to my knowledge, just wanted to bump one of the most interesting threads of all time. :lol:
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:39 am

49ersFaithful80 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:03 am
Tsunami wrote:
FantasyFreak wrote:He's worth about the same as Justin Blackmon if this recent report is true.
I just traded Martavis Bryant for Josh Gordon. Blackmon isn't trying, Gordon still is, Martavis though? Who knows.
Not surprising coming from the Lord Commander of the Josh Gordon fan club.

Why exactly do you think Gordon is trying? Going to rehab is a smart PR move but really doesn't mean he's taking sobriety seriously.

If I would have asked you two weeks ago you would have said that Gordon is working super hard and there is no chance he's using prohibited substances.

At this point I think Gordon has taught us 5 or 6 times over that he isn't trying. If he was trying why wouldn't he had just stopped smoking weed a year ago?
Looking back on this, IDK how these comments worked out, but man, what a trio! :lol:

Someone JUST dropped Justin Ross, in a league of mine, and for some reason, it made me think of Josh Gordon, that guy people held perhaps longer than anybody, ever. That 1 big year was really amazing, I don't really blame them, to a certain point. Justin Ross, though.... :crazy:
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:33 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:39 am
Tsunami wrote:
I just traded Martavis Bryant for Josh Gordon. Blackmon isn't trying, Gordon still is, Martavis though? Who knows.

Why exactly do you think Gordon is trying? Going to rehab is a smart PR move but really doesn't mean he's taking sobriety seriously.

If I would have asked you two weeks ago you would have said that Gordon is working super hard and there is no chance he's using prohibited substances.

At this point I think Gordon has taught us 5 or 6 times over that he isn't trying. If he was trying why wouldn't he had just stopped smoking weed a year ago?
Looking back on this, IDK how these comments worked out, but man, what a trio! :lol:

Someone JUST dropped Justin Ross, in a league of mine, and for some reason, it made me think of Josh Gordon, that guy people held perhaps longer than anybody, ever. That 1 big year was really amazing, I don't really blame them, to a certain point. Justin Ross, though.... :crazy:
It was quite a ride back then on these guys. I was all in on Justin Blackmon as a prospect. Traded up to get him.

Gordon was a team killer. A lot of folks just couldn't quit him and kept buying. I'm slightly worried that JAMO is the new Gordon. Although it seems managers have quit him.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:12 pm

tstafford wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:33 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:39 am

It was quite a ride back then on these guys. I was all in on Justin Blackmon as a prospect. Traded up to get him.

Gordon was a team killer. A lot of folks just couldn't quit him and kept buying. I'm slightly worried that JAMO is the new Gordon. Although it seems managers have quit him.
I was partial to Danario Alexander… Man, if that guy had knees…
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker