The Deshaun Watson Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: The Deshaun Watson Discussion Thread

Postby Ice » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:54 am

He ranks at or near the bottom in pretty much every QB category. I rather enjoy seeing him bust at the moment.

His value is worth a little more than a box of rocks. Maybe one could trade Watson away for D. Jones if one is looking for a slight upgrade. Of course the Jones owner may want a pick as well.
:crazy:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:59 pm

I'm glad I moved him to get Bijan.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:18 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:15 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:47 pm Lot's of people discussing this.

https://twitter.com/TenCentBeers/status ... 5709111403

You know I'm really pulling for him......(Michael Scott?)

but it's not a great look, Baker would have been destroyed for this.

Watson's play, as discussed on the week 2 thread, has been downright bad since he came back last year. He looks like a shell of his former self on the field. Losing Chubb won't help, and that trade is already looking like it's ready to compete with the Russ trade.

Regardless, of opinions on his personal matters, he doesn't resemble anything close to an elite QB, and now entering his late 20's, his best days as a mobile QB are starting to fade, so what is the real draw, for FF, if he's not an elite passer?

Where would you put him in Dynasty ranks? I can't imagine he's top 10 for anyone. Where's the line you'd move off him for? Kyler.....Stroud etc?

When does Michael Scott say that? Or are you just saying that's something he'd probably say about Watson lol
Correct! Cue the catch phrase!
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:33 am

Needalife wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:14 am Watson’s game looks awful but his stats have been tolerable. If he can find his groove, there is room to climb. Watching him this past week was so painful. My biggest concern is his running. He just visibly looks a step slower to me and that hurts what he does best which is extending plays. Not to mention his accuracy was unwatchable.

He feels like a great buy if you like gambling. This could be a low moment for a great QB or it could be the beginning of the end. Maybe somewhere in between. All I know is that CLE sure wishes they had a do over.
The Browns need to feel the full pain of their stupidity. A ridiculous contract needs to be shown what it is.

Watson was no sure thing and to give him a sure thing contract that was so big is not the way to go. All the other teams are laughing at the Browns.

Can Watson break the Browns curse on qbs? We'll see.

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:13 pm

There's a lot of grave dancing going on. The sample size since coming back is small. I'm going to hold off judgment and throw out some buy-low offers given what I'm seeing and hearing.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:35 am

I just don’t understand how anybody sees him regaining his former stats. Take the reason of the why he was away for the game as long as he was, but it is a fact he didn’t come back as the same player. The why doesn’t matter, but he is not good.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:52 am

He looks old, slow, fat, and uninterested.

Kind of like me with a 1/4 billion contract
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:59 am

dipANDglide wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:13 pm There's a lot of grave dancing going on. The sample size since coming back is small. I'm going to hold off judgment and throw out some buy-low offers given what I'm seeing and hearing.
I don’t know. How long do you wait before you conclude he’s lost his mojo? He’s had half a season’s worth of starts now and has been supported by one of the strongest rushing Os in the league, yet in those 8 starts the only starting QB who has had a lower QB rating in that time is Zach Wilson.

It’s not like he’s a coming up draft pick who has to learn the speed of the game. He has been there and done that. He’s not off by just a little bit - he’s fallen off a cliff and by the looks of it he may not be done falling. His 2023 QB rating so far is incredulously worse than his 2022 rating and he’s had the entire offseason to get ready as the locked in starter.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:01 am

81- wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:52 am He looks old, slow, fat, and uninterested.

Kind of like me with a fully guaranteed 1/4 billion contract
FTFY

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:17 am

dipANDglide wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:13 pm There's a lot of grave dancing going on. The sample size since coming back is small. I'm going to hold off judgment and throw out some buy-low offers given what I'm seeing and hearing.
I might buy that if he was even showing some signs of improvement. He’s getting worse. His completion percentage is down from last year. His TD-Int ratio is down from last year. His YPA is down from last year. His rating is down from last year. Last year was terrible. To be getting worse is not what you want to see at all.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:08 am

Watching live, but not rewatching, I thought Harrison Bryant caused him to have two incompletions and an INT, and Elijah Moore should have got 2 feet in on a deeper pass. Make a switch on this and things look a bunch better. Not saying he’s looked great by any stretch, but I don’t feel like his supporting cast has been performing that well either. I’m still on the fence here. More cause for concern than before the season, but not QB20 type low yet.

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:48 pm

ericanadian wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:17 am
I might buy that if he was even showing some signs of improvement. He’s getting worse. His completion percentage is down from last year. His TD-Int ratio is down from last year. His YPA is down from last year. His rating is down from last year. Last year was terrible. To be getting worse is not what you want to see at all.
You are working with a two game sample this year and a handful of games last year. He hasn't looked good. But we know his potential, and he may get back to that elite level we saw before the IRL issues. I'm not ready to write him off.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:00 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:08 am Watching live, but not rewatching, I thought Harrison Bryant caused him to have two incompletions and an INT, and Elijah Moore should have got 2 feet in on a deeper pass. Make a switch on this and things look a bunch better. Not saying he’s looked great by any stretch, but I don’t feel like his supporting cast has been performing that well either. I’m still on the fence here. More cause for concern than before the season, but not QB20 type low yet.
Agreed on his weapons being way sub par. Dare we give any credit to bill O’Brien?

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:09 pm

He hasn't looked great. No need to put a spin on it or make excuses. The one thing you have with D Watson, compared to say Justin Fields for example, is the guaranteed money.

That overblown contract "guarantees" this Watson situation is a slow sinking ship. He's going to be the starter next year regardless; and that's gonna be at least worth a 1st in value to somebody in any SF league come 24'

There's some insulation here from a dynasty perspective. I'm also being mindful of the fact that people want to see Deshaun Watson fail. I am one of the few that can differentiate between real life and fantasy production on an imaginary football team. But there's probably 80% of people out there where Watson will forever be blacklisted short of making it to Superbowl, or possibly no matter what he does. He put himself in that conversation so I'm not sorry for him. Just pointing out that as a fantasy football manager playing imaginary football, that has 0 importance on how I evaluate fantasy players.

There are just certain players that fantasy managers are convicted/divided on: Brock Purdy, Kyler Murray, Jameson Williams, George Pickens, Kyle Pitts, etc

Personally, I'm stuck on this slow sinking ship with Deshaun. If you can tier up to Tua or you wanna go rebuild with Bryce/Stroud I'm down for those moves.

If we're talking moving to Dak, Daniel Jones, Purdy, etc .. eh I'd rather hold.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:15 pm

For what Cleveland paid in money and draft picks, anything short of elite play is an overpay, and that's not looking likely. Even if people "underpaid" in Dynasty last year, a while back, it really looks like either an overpay, or breaking even, in all but extreme taco league mate style trades at this point.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick