Kyren Williams

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Kyren Williams

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:27 pm

CGW wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:28 pm Just saw him go for a 2025 1st and a 2024 2nd. Oddly enough, he went from one of the better teams in the league to one of the bottom handful.
How bad teams stay bad

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:34 pm

hoos89 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:45 pm
mild wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:16 pm
hoos89 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:56 pm Have been debating offering my 1st for him in a league where I'm rolling on Justice Hill until Barkley gets back. All the other guys I'd target are on contenders...hard to get past the fact that he's 195 and slow though.
Offer a 2nd and a 3rd to start I think.

They will (probably rightly) hold your feet to the fire - but if they're one of the CW tanking teams, then they don't need the points.

It doesn't matter if you're 195 and slow if you're elite at pass protecting (he is) and playing 96% of the snaps (he is) on one of the best (and underpriced) offenses of the 2023 season.

McVay is back. Stafford is back. The OL is back (for now). Buy buy buy for contenders.
My biggest concern for this year is that <200 lb RBs tend not to hold up to big workloads, and going forward is that he just gets replaced.
The ones that do produce are usually running in an outside zone offense which I think the Rams still run a fair bit of. He absolutely could get replaced fairly easily, but a lot of RBs are in that position. Sometimes you need to just buckle up and enjoy the ride.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:56 am

He just went for a '24 1st in my league

The 1st came from a team that is starting Josh Reynolds @ flex with regularity (out of necessity)

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:49 pm

I have a question for the group:

Who would get the snaps if Kyren Williams went down?

I ask only because this 96% snap rate does seem to be quite aggressive for a 200lb back that we've already seen miss time...

Depth Chart has RB2 as Ronnie Rivers. Anything to see here? He's free on all wires, I've got to think.

RB3 is our forgotten man Zach Evans, onetime devy darling...

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:01 pm

mild wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:49 pm I have a question for the group:

I ask only because this 96% snap rate does seem to be quite aggressive for a 200lb back that we've already seen miss time...

Depth Chart has RB2 as Ronnie Rivers. Anything to see here? He's free on all wires, I've got to think.

I was thinking about this today looking through depth charts... I would guess they sign someone at that point. Might go stash some Evans, even though I was super low on him

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:34 pm

Maybe they’d re-sign Henderson…but there seemed to be a celebration from Henderson when he was released.
Some strange things with that locker room. Maybe McVay isn’t the wonder coach we all thought…

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:47 pm

Valhalla wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:34 pm Maybe they’d re-sign Henderson…but there seemed to be a celebration from Henderson when he was released.
Some strange things with that locker room. Maybe McVay isn’t the wonder coach we all thought…
Darrell Henderson snaps since being released: 0

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:05 pm

mild wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:49 pm I have a question for the group:

I went and grabbed Rivers in a couple deeper leagues. They clearly like and trust him so I think he could have some value if Kyren got hurt. Unless they sign Fournette I don't really see a major competitor for that backup spot.
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:33 pm

Valhalla wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:34 pm Maybe they’d re-sign Henderson…but there seemed to be a celebration from Henderson when he was released.
Man, maybe Henderson and Akers aren't the legends they think they are? One is still out of the league, the other just got traded for a conditional 6th round 2026 pick swap.

Seems to me that just over a month ago, people were talking about if the Rams were a stealth Caleb Williams destination. Expectations were -that low- for this Rams team.

McVay has Puka Nacua and a bunch of no-names looking like real NFL players - if not outright ballers in the case of the record-setting Nacua.

McVay is still that dude.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:44 pm

seahawks506 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:05 pm I went and grabbed Rivers in a couple deeper leagues. They clearly like and trust him so I think he could have some value if Kyren got hurt. Unless they sign Fournette I don't really see a major competitor for that backup spot.
Yeah I think I'm leaning towards an add in my 25+5 league. Other guys of this calibre available are Tyrion Davis-Price, Matt Breida (just grabbed him as an ailing Dobbins/Saquon/Chubb owner), Craig Reynolds, etc... no-one that really moves the needle.

Ronnie Rivers probably doesn't either tbf.

And it's only Week 3! :lol:

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:06 am

mild wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:33 pm
Man, maybe Henderson and Akers aren't the legends they think they are? One is still out of the league, the other just got traded for a conditional 6th round 2026 pick swap.

Seems to me that just over a month ago, people were talking about if the Rams were a stealth Caleb Williams destination. Expectations were -that low- for this Rams team.

McVay has Puka Nacua and a bunch of no-names looking like real NFL players - if not outright ballers in the case of the record-setting Nacua.

McVay is still that dude.
It’s weird to have two reasonably productive running backs go from a significant portion of the backfield snaps to zero in the course of a game or two in back to back seasons before being cut/traded for a bag of footballs and have both of them holding a whole lot of resentment.

I’m not saying I agree with the assertion that McVay is not good at coaching, especially from the point of wins and losses.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:56 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:01 pm
I was thinking about this today looking through depth charts... I would guess they sign someone at that point. Might go stash some Evans, even though I was super low on him
I honestly think Evans will get some run before this is all said and done. Don't think Ronnie Rivers is it, and it's just the three RB's on the active roster. I believe they've brought Royce Freeman up from the practice squad, but it sure seems there will be opportunity for someone other than Williams at some point.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:44 am

So uhh…is this real?
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:46 am

j4pac wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:44 am So uhh…is this real?
He's getting almost all of the carries and goal line snaps. I'd say yeah, this is for real.

All bets are off in the off season though. These late round RBs get replaced quickly.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:36 pm

Redraft League Winner, perhaps. He keeps playing like this, may be the guy next year, too.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick