Training Camp HYPE 2023 (only football)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Training Camp HYPE 2023 (only football)

Postby kadun2 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:54 pm

MFundercover wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:42 pm I'm so over the Jonathan Taylor soap opera.

I agree RBs deserve to get paid more. The good ones handle 300+ touches and get hit byt guys 50+ pounds heavier. They suffer the worst wear and tear on their joints. They are a premier positions and big selling point for the league. I understand the merit of paying offensive lineman, but nobody is tuning in to watch Tristian Wirfs block. People want to see Derrick Henry and Christian McCaffery do incredible things. They are bringing in money while taking the worst punishment, and getting paid the least.

That said he needs to just play. Holding out like this won't help his cause. All he can do is go ball out this season.
Do you know what his excused absence Is? Seems an odd time to have an excused absence.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:55 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:45 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:20 am Pickens supposedly running the full route tree, and as a result, I'd assume, more YAC.

https://twitter.com/32BeatWriters/statu ... 7513709936
And now he's even more talented than Justin Jefferson
Way more. Clark is on to something.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:01 pm

kadun2 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:54 pm
MFundercover wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:42 pm I'm so over the Jonathan Taylor soap opera.

I agree RBs deserve to get paid more. The good ones handle 300+ touches and get hit byt guys 50+ pounds heavier. They suffer the worst wear and tear on their joints. They are a premier positions and big selling point for the league. I understand the merit of paying offensive lineman, but nobody is tuning in to watch Tristian Wirfs block. People want to see Derrick Henry and Christian McCaffery do incredible things. They are bringing in money while taking the worst punishment, and getting paid the least.

That said he needs to just play. Holding out like this won't help his cause. All he can do is go ball out this season.
Do you know what his excused absence Is? Seems an odd time to have an excused absence.
Not sure. Sounds like some sort of cover up

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:01 pm

FB_IMG_1692395771391.jpg
FB_IMG_1692395771391.jpg (61.98 KiB) Viewed 728 times

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:28 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:55 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:45 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:20 am Pickens supposedly running the full route tree, and as a result, I'd assume, more YAC.

https://twitter.com/32BeatWriters/statu ... 7513709936
And now he's even more talented than Justin Jefferson
Way more. Clark is on to something.
Interesting that ARob was listed as a an honorable mention on underrated. Release package still top tier, tough catches over the middle. "He'll play a key role on critical downs." If that means 3rd down and red zone, could be useful for PPFD leagues.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:31 pm

Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:36 pm

Zeke lookin like Lizzo at camp

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:39 pm

K9 full participant today.
Janiel Dones Truther

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:42 pm

Screenshot_20230818_224140_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230818_224140_Chrome.jpg (182.72 KiB) Viewed 643 times
:lol:

hankmurphy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby hankmurphy » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:28 pm

Athletes wear sports bras. Nothing weird about that.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:41 pm

hankmurphy wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:28 pm Athletes wear sports bras. Nothing weird about that.
Catapult sports tracker. Not the greatest look wearing it without a shirt on underneath, no doubt.

Lots of players have worn them. Burrow for one. Difference is he wore a shirt underneath it. That's why is looks a little, let's say odd, with Kyler.

It's designed to monitor an athletes work load, I believe.

Moving on.....

Speaking of the Cards, really looking forward to seeing if Michael Wilson plays or sits this week. I think he might play, for the reps needed, but if he sits, I wouldn't be surprised. He seems to have the spot on the other side of Hollywood locked up.

Wilson, and Dell, were 2 guys where I found their NFL draft capital was completely ignored in rookie drafts, and went way later than most other day 2 players, and they may end up being absolute steals.
Janiel Dones Truther

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:20 am

:shock:

I don't agree that he just needs to play. This is the year he needs to fight for a contract extension. He is on his 4th year rookie contract, "only" making about 4M, and he is now eligible for a contract. In regards to his contract negotiation, he either needs to receive a contract now, or make it difficult for the Colts to franchise tag him next year. Next year he will be franchised tag, and then the window to negotiate a contract will close. He will then be faced with a 10M contract or nothing. Sitting out next year will be more costly than sitting out this year.

His really only objective this year should be fulfilling his 4th year and becoming a FA next year. I sm not sure what that means in regards to games played, does he have to play 6 games? Regardless what he does this year, he will make 10M minimum next year with little opportunity of negiating a contract.

Sucks for football fans, but this is the hard reality of the business side of the sport and a disgruntled position group.

RoyalPalmer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby RoyalPalmer » Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:34 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:41 pm
Speaking of the Cards, really looking forward to seeing if Michael Wilson plays or sits this week. I think he might play, for the reps needed, but if he sits, I wouldn't be surprised. He seems to have the spot on the other side of Hollywood locked up.

Wilson, and Dell, were 2 guys where I found their NFL draft capital was completely ignored in rookie drafts, and went way later than most other day 2 players, and they may end up being absolute steals.
I hear ya, and managed to get both in one of my leagues. They are kind of opposite ends of the spectrum of late round flyers. Wilson being the guy with the pro build and "safer" profile. Nothing too sexy but does a lot of things you want your receiver to do and does those things well. Lacks some of the other checkmarks that you look for in a stud receiver but that's why he is a late round flyers and now a 1st round pick. On the other side, Dell has that magic element to his game that if everything else works out for him he can be an outlier for his size and be a productive WR. The beautiful thing they both check off is that they have clear paths to snaps this season. Both are attached to young QBs who they can develop up with (especially with Kyler is replaced next season).

Not planning on either to be more than WR3 types and will be thrilled if they are flex options on my roster for the next 3-5 seasons or players I can flip for 2nds. If either exceed that it's just gravy train choo choo straight to flavor town.
12 team, .5PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE, 1 SuperFlex, 25 Total (Startup)
QB: Purdy, Penix, Zach Wilson, Hendon Hooker, Aidan O'Connell, Stetson Bennett, Trubisky
RB: Bijan Robinson, KeAndre Miller, Tank Bigsby, Jordan Mason, Kevin Harris
WR: Malik Nabers, Brian Thomas Jr., Ladd McConkey, Jameson Williams, Rashod Bateman, Khalil Shakir, Michael Wilson, Darnell Mooney, Kadarius Toney, DJ Chark, Slayton
TE LaPorta, Kincaid

2025 1st
2025 2nd
2025 3rd
———

QB: Josh Allen, Goff, Darnold, AOC, Jimmy G
RB: Mixon, Kamara, Javonte Williams, Charbonnet, Prince, Jordon Mason, Ingram (AZ)
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, Keenan Allen, Drake London, Brandon Aiyuk, Elijah Moore, Marvin Jones, Paris Campbell, Donovon Peoples-Jones
TE: Kincaid, Noah Fant, Likely

2024 2nd
2024 3rd

12 team, .5PPR, TE Premium, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE, 1 SuperFlex, 25 Total (Startup)

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:21 am

Ice wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:20 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:14 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:07 pm

I hope I’m wrong - he seems to be a good kid and a hard worker. The league needs all the quality QBs it can find.
Not disagreeing with anything you said, but the more I play fantasy football the more importance I place on being a good kid and a hard worker. Or at least being a hard worker. Can't tell you how many talented players I've seen enter the league and fall on their face because of work ethic. Too many.
Agree

The reality is he hasn’t played nearly enough games or has had enough quality coaching to know what kind of passer he will become.

He seems to be solid and a hard worker. He is a freak athlete.

I remember when many thought Hurts or Allen couldn’t pass at an NFL level.

Time will tell but I don’t think I will bet against him. I have seen several great throws with solid mechanics.

He is inconsistent but he will improve
Ice, you beat me to it. I was previously in the ‘I’m rooting for Hurts but don’t think he’ll develop into a passer camp’… and I was wrong. HAPPY to be wrong - as he is one of the highest character guys I’ve ever seen go into the NFL (reference how things played out at Bama and then OU) - but wrong.

Don’t underestimate what drive, real coaching, and schemes designed to maximize your game can do. And if the Colts are wrong then they’ll have another early draft pick on their hands to try again.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Caleb, Purdy, Levis, Penix
RB: Pacheco, Estime, Vaughn
WR: Nabers, Coleman, Downs, EMoore, Jeudy, Burton, MMims, MWilson
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Sinnott, Mayer
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 2 4ths

SafeLeague #2
QB: Caleb, Richardson, Purdy, JJMcCarthy
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Nabers, Worthy, McConkey, Brian Thomas Jr, Pearsall, Mims, Burton, Mingo, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Bowers, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:33 am

remedy29 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:20 am :shock:

I don't agree that he just needs to play. This is the year he needs to fight for a contract extension. He is on his 4th year rookie contract, "only" making about 4M, and he is now eligible for a contract. In regards to his contract negotiation, he either needs to receive a contract now, or make it difficult for the Colts to franchise tag him next year. Next year he will be franchised tag, and then the window to negotiate a contract will close. He will then be faced with a 10M contract or nothing. Sitting out next year will be more costly than sitting out this year.

His really only objective this year should be fulfilling his 4th year and becoming a FA next year. I sm not sure what that means in regards to games played, does he have to play 6 games? Regardless what he does this year, he will make 10M minimum next year with little opportunity of negiating a contract.

Sucks for football fans, but this is the hard reality of the business side of the sport and a disgruntled position group.
In a perfect world I agree with you 100%. I just don't see the Colts budging here and they unfortunately have more leverage in this situation.