Captain
Captain

Re: Preseason: Week 2 thread

Postby 81- » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:07 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:23 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:55 am
81- wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:51 am

Jeff George could throw it a mile too.

I want to see nfl level qb play. Actually, I'd settle for 150 yards passing and 10 runs for 50 plus yards rushing and at least two combined tuddies a week.
Yeah, that clip really doesn’t do anything for me. There’s way more to being even a mediocre NFL QB than being able to throw the ball a country mile.
Quality
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:11 pm

Jones trying to get Waller killed.

DynastyDrum30
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDrum30 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:49 pm

First carry by Bijan Robinson was beautiful: https://youtu.be/a0WDDFfmBW8

I’m licking my chops to see what he does this year.
10 man league; .5 PPR; .5 TE Premium
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/Flex/K/Team D) - 28 Man Rosters

Roster Highlights:

QB: Burrow, Love, Purdy

RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, Z. White, Z. Charbonnet, E. Hull

WR: Chase, Lamb, Olave, T. Higgins, Diontae, Chark

TE: LaPorta, Pitts, Musgrave, Schoonmaker

Picks:
2025: None
2026: 1st, 2nd

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:38 pm

DynastyDrum30 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:49 pm First carry by Bijan Robinson was beautiful: https://youtu.be/a0WDDFfmBW8

Agreed. Now put him in bubble wrap until week 1.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:39 pm

DynastyDrum30 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:49 pm First carry by Bijan Robinson was beautiful: https://youtu.be/a0WDDFfmBW8

He has a real chance to be RB1 this season
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:59 pm

81- wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:07 am
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:23 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:55 am

Yeah, that clip really doesn’t do anything for me. There’s way more to being even a mediocre NFL QB than being able to throw the ball a country mile.
Quality
Hee heee! :clap:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:09 pm

Love Mingo out of the slot. Guy is like a RB with the ball in his hands.

https://twitter.com/HaydenWinks/status/ ... 6220772607
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:35 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:09 pm Love Mingo out of the slot. Guy is like a RB with the ball in his hands.

Was actually at the game tonight. Young was looking Mingo’s way a lot. Mingo was open on 2 of his other targets but the throws were slightly off target, hard to tell if he it was a bad throw or some sort of route timing miscommunication between the two.

Deep sleeper is Ford-Wheaton, he was playing deep into the 4th quarter and on special teams so clearly not an option now but I thought he looked really solid considering.

Hyatt had a pass bounce off his hands for a drop and the next play he scores a td lol.

I saw on Twitter that this game was actually positive for Bryce Young, but from what I was watching the offense as a whole looked REALLY rough.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:40 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:35 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:09 pm Love Mingo out of the slot. Guy is like a RB with the ball in his hands.

Was actually at the game tonight. Young was looking Mingo’s way a lot. Mingo was open on 2 of his other targets but the throws were slightly off target, hard to tell if he it was a bad throw or some sort of route timing miscommunication between the two.

Deep sleeper is Ford-Wheaton, he was playing deep into the 4th quarter and on special teams so clearly not an option now but I thought he looked really solid considering.

Hyatt had a pass bounce off his hands for a drop and the next play he scores a td lol.

I saw on Twitter that this game was actually positive for Bryce Young, but from what I was watching the offense as a whole looked REALLY rough.
Awesome man! Thanks for the feedback. Hope you had a great time.
Janiel Dones Truther

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:41 pm

Nice catch on the screen. Ridder can't make simple throws. I hope he can keep the offense functional, at least, the amount of talent there is enough he should, and they can upgrade at QB next year. Both Bijan and Pitts had to make 1 handed catches behind them. on simple throws from a few yards away.
Janiel Dones Truther

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:52 pm

One of the off target throws was actually on the money to allow for yac but Mingo stopped on the route.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:07 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:52 pm

One of the off target throws was actually on the money to allow for yac but Mingo stopped on the route.
Didn't see it. Was he sitting down when Young expected him to keep running?
Janiel Dones Truther

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:21 pm

Well, that’s what I was saying. It could have been several things. Mingo could have been slowing down to “sit” between the defenders. Or maybe he was just supposed to run full speed no matter what. Or maybe Young should have threw it earlier so Mingo wouldn’t have to make the decision in the first place. I have no idea which is why I chalked it up to a likely miscommunication.

The other throw where Young and Mingo didn’t connect was a worm burner on a comeback route that Mingo had to dive for. Likely just a bad throw but can never be sure I guess.

Young was looking Mingo’s way even when not targeted. And Mingo was being grabbed and held a lot by the defenders.

Ultimately the takeaway I had was the entire offense (not just young or Mingo) looked like a shtshow.

Also, Waller is going to eat. And the backup rbs for the giants looked like plodders. Hard to say if they’ll even be startable if something happens to Saquon

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:58 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:07 pm

Didn't see it. Was he sitting down when Young expected him to keep running?
That's exactly what happened, except he didn't sit because he saw the ball going beyond him. He just slowed a bit and by the time he sped up again it was too late.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:05 pm

Here it is.

https://twitter.com/DeSenaSports/status ... 96494?s=20

After looking at it again Mingo did the right thing, sitting so he doesn't get demolished by the defender. Young has to see that and protect his wr.

Jones led Waller into a huge hit on their only drive. Can't do that to your best receiver.