Training Camp Hype 2023

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Training Camp Hype 2023

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:20 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:58 pmIt'd be interesting if there's a connection between shoe horning E Moore into heavy usage (even coming out of the backfield) and the offense's (reported) struggles. Stefanski builds strong run based offenses, so maybe he's not the best scheming a passing offense.

It'd be curious if this strengthens Kareem Hunt's negotiating position, especially with Ford injured.
Anteaters wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:54 pm I'm extremely high on Baltimore's offense this year. I think part of Watson's (fantasy) problems in Cleveland is the same thing that "held back" Jackson in Baltimore - the play calling. When a QB has a run-centric playcaller, the QB is going to have a difficult time consistent producing high-end fantasy stats. Unfortunately for Watson, I'm not sure Cleveland is ready to move to an offense that will support a T10 passing offense.
Don't think these common points can be ignored. This was an interesting read about Atlanta's touch distribution. This quote from HC Arthur Smith stood out-
“With a running back, I can guarantee he can touch the football,” Smith said. “It’s a little different how you divvy up the passing game. I can call 17 plays in a row to Drake, but if they’re doubling Drake or something happens and the play breaks down, then he’s not getting the ball. You have a plan in place that you’d like to do, but the defense has a say.”

Smith has built good run offenses but the passing games have been lackluster at best. An offense can use things like motion, alignment and stacking to dictate to defenses. Would be interesting to see how Smith's offenses have attacked defenses over the years.

Stefanski could be on the hot seat, if he can't build a strong passing gameon Watson.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:36 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:20 amStefanski could be on the hot seat, if he can't build a strong passing gameon Watson.
If Watson looks terrible this year, it will be mostly Stefanski's and Berry's fault. Watson's not a T5QB but he's good enough to lead a good passing offense. If Cleveland has a bad passing offense this season, it won't be Watson to blame unless he's throwing passes in the dirt and has excessive INTs.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:45 am

Anteaters wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:36 am
Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:20 amStefanski could be on the hot seat, if he can't build a strong passing gameon Watson.
If Watson looks terrible this year, it will be mostly Stefanski's and Berry's fault. Watson's not a T5QB but he's good enough to lead a good passing offense. If Cleveland has a bad passing offense this season, it won't be Watson to blame unless he's throwing passes in the dirt and has excessive INTs.
What if he misses reads? If it's his head game, that's also down to him. That's another big reason a QB can be at fault, not the play caller/designer.

I think Stefanski will be on the hot seat though, regardless of who's fault it is, because someone will need to be blamed by the ownership, and you can't really cut/trade Watson if he struggles, even if some, or most of the responsibility is his, if he struggles.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:35 am

Valhalla wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:38 pm we all improve when we look at ourselves in the mirror.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:44 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:45 am
Anteaters wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:36 am
What if he misses reads? If it's his head game, that's also down to him. That's another big reason a QB can be at fault, not the play caller/designer.

I think Stefanski will be on the hot seat though, regardless of who's fault it is, because someone will need to be blamed by the ownership, and you can't really cut/trade Watson if he struggles, even if some, or most of the responsibility is his, if he struggles.
Yeah, any of those things. That's what I meant, that if we see demonstrably consistently bad QB performance on the field, it's fair game to blame Watson.

But lets say Cleveland goes 8-9, has anemic passing stats, and Watson's completion pct is off a little. Those would not all be automatic reasons to say Watson was the problem.

Although I will say that Aaron Rodgers has had a couple of down years directly related to his "head game" issues when he was unhappy with his receivers and/or GM and/or HC, yet he's still regarded as a QB god.

We'll just have to wait and see how the season turns out, but I think Watson has more than enough QB talent and QB mental ability.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:13 am

Even if Watson stinks, they are stuck with him and that contract for at least 2 more years. Spotrac says they could trade him Post 6/1/25 for a 18M dead cap in 2025 and 27M dead cap for 2026. Ouch

dlf_jeffh
Administrator

Postby dlf_jeffh » Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:57 am

Hey all,

I've spent some time looking back on this thread and can I say "Come on all, let's get the discussion back to football, be respectful of one another, embrace each other for all our differences and keep the topic focused on title of this thread."

No one wins by labeling, calling each other out, name calling, ridicule or tearing each other down. It causes angst, anxiety and negative feelings for all involved. We get enough of this in our daily lives and world today that we don't need it in what should be our respite from the storm.

There is ZERO way ANYONE wins in a back and forth on a forum. It doesn't make anyone feel good and, quite the contrary, makes everyone less happy.

I'm not hear to say who is right and who is wrong for feeling the way they do. Many of the messages have been troubling and I have received multiple tickets in our help desk because of them. Let's just let it all go, start fresh, understand we're all different in how we think and feel and try to keep our labels/politics/angst/etc to ourselves and off the forums.

Can we all move on and get back to this great hobby of ours please?

Thank you!
There is No Off-Season!

Jeff Haverlack
@dlf_Jeff
Co-Founder
http://www.dynastyleaguefootball.com

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:00 am

Yep, I'm done talking about this. He said nobody cared, and yet, several/many of us actually do/did. Anyway, done.

I hope that Fields will keep playing in pre-season games. And I can't wait for week one. Camp has been good. Worried about the OL, but I mean, it has to be an improvement. Back to football talk, yes.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:47 am

It's a superficial joke if the joke isn't about YOU. Anyway, we need to move on.

For the Josh Downs owners (and I am one) I've been hearing really good things about him flashing in camp and pre-season. I think as AR develops, he's going to shine right along with him. AR is a risky QB, but he has so much upside I can see why people are drafting him.

KC WRs should be interesting this year. Mahomes is hitting them all. Kelce will always get his, but glad I have at least one share of Sky, and I just grabbed James as well, who knows out of Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Skyy Moore, Richie James, Rashee Rice, Travis Kelce, Justyn Ross and Noah Gray who will get the love week in and week out (outside of Kelce).

Bears News: “This is the perfect storm, this is the thing that I see in the offseason when guys do make that big jump.” -
@QuincyAvery #Bears spent an offseason adding dynamic playmakers around Justin Fields. I spoke to coaches and execs on what to expect in 2023 https://fanbuzz.com/nfl/nfc-north/justi ... view-2023/
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble