Alvin Kamara: Confident or Concerned

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Vendetta
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Alvin Kamara: Confident or Concerned

Postby Vendetta » Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:04 pm

Good thing Kamara didn’t go to Vegas and gamble. 3 games is nothing. His stock just went way up for competing teams now.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:09 pm

Vendetta wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:04 pm Good thing Kamara didn’t go to Vegas and gamble. 3 games is nothing. His stock just went way up for competing teams now.
That's if he returns to form. Last year he wasn't anything special. The NO Offense is heading in the right direction so maybe that'll help, but did they improve their line enough?

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:18 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:09 pm
Vendetta wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:04 pm Good thing Kamara didn’t go to Vegas and gamble. 3 games is nothing. His stock just went way up for competing teams now.
That's if he returns to form. Last year he wasn't anything special. The NO Offense is heading in the right direction so maybe that'll help, but did they improve their line enough?
PPR leagues he was RB18 last year. RB15 PPG. Even removing his one monster game he would still be RB24 PPG. Sure, I’d hope for more, but solid backend RB2/flex on my competing teams I’d be happy with.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:03 pm

frerichs5 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:18 pm
PPR leagues he was RB18 last year. RB15 PPG. Even removing his one monster game he would still be RB24 PPG. Sure, I’d hope for more, but solid backend RB2/flex on my competing teams I’d be happy with.
My hope is they stop running him as much and use him more in the passing game. They brought in Williams who is more than capable of handling the interior running. Kendre might mix in

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:06 pm

I'm just glad this opens an opportunity for Kendre. He should at least see the field in some capacity, Jamaal Williams isn't going to have a 90 percent snap share. As long as Kendre can stay healthy for the pre-season, he's going to now get an opportunity he may have had to wait for until next year, right away.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:08 pm

frerichs5 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:35 am 3 game suspension for Kamara
That’s nothing short of astounding given that Hunt got 8 games for actions that were significantly less violent and mitigating circumstances were greater.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:10 pm

Three games is light. For my one share, I say thank you.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:23 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:08 pm
That’s nothing short of astounding given that Hunt got 8 games for actions that were significantly less violent and mitigating circumstances were greater.
He's a thug. The NFL is OK with that though, I guess, because he carries name value in New Orleans? No idea what the NFL is thinking, there seems to be a level of corruption, or backdoor deals, or something. They are so inconsistent, it's embarrassing.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:27 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:23 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:08 pm
He's a thug. The NFL is OK with that though, I guess, because he carries name value in New Orleans? No idea what the NFL is thinking, there seems to be a level of corruption, or backdoor deals, or something. They are so inconsistent, it's embarrassing.
Bingo.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:49 pm

I am also surprised, expected more
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

gameaholica
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gameaholica » Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:05 am

When it turned into a misdemeanor, I was guessing two or three. Seems fair to me.
TheFantasyFootballGuys Dynasty League (13 keeper-PPR)
QB: Mahomes | Stafford | Mayfield
RB: Barkely | Henry | Etienne | Akers | Penny |
WR: Thomas | Bateman | Pittman | Metchie | Shaheed | W. Robinson
TE: Dulcich | Kincaid | Latu
Start: QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-Flex-Flex-K-DEF

Buzz's BBQ Dynasty League(18 keeper-PPR)
QB: J Allen | Stafford |
RB: J.Williams | J Taylor | Mostert | Herbert | Hall | Tucker | Charbonnet
WR: Chase | AJ Brown | Mims | JSN | Metchie | W Robinson
TE: Engram | LaPorta | Pitts | Latu | Ferguson
Start: QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-FLEX-K-DEF

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:30 am

About what I expected based on the precedent.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:44 am

gameaholica wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:05 am When it turned into a misdemeanor, I was guessing two or three. Seems fair to me.
So when he admitted he was guilty, by taking the plea deal, to get a lesser charge - that makes it worthy of a lesser penalty? Zero sense here. NFL f'd up.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:18 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:44 am
gameaholica wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:05 am When it turned into a misdemeanor, I was guessing two or three. Seems fair to me.
So when he admitted he was guilty, by taking the plea deal, to get a lesser charge - that makes it worthy of a lesser penalty? Zero sense here. NFL f'd up.
That is how the court of law does it, why is wrong when the NFL does? Just curious.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:55 pm

murphysxm wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:18 am
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:44 am
That is how the court of law does it, why is wrong when the NFL does? Just curious.
Plea deals are offered to avoid dragging cases out in court. You're admitting guilt without a fight. The government does it to save time, resources, and money. The NFL is only doing it to put their star player back on the field.