Postby dynastyninja » Sat May 06, 2023 7:05 pm

I view Richardson as a great thing for JT

Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

Postby Ice » Sat May 06, 2023 8:30 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 4:43 pm
Ice wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:27 am Wow that is expert quoting.

May have been better though if you quoted the part I said he is very good even though I don't personally believe he will hit his success numbers from 2021 which were outstanding and over 9 points per game better than last year.
That wouldn't help my case.

:ewink:
:thumbup: :thumbup:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Sun May 07, 2023 3:34 pm

But what are you looking for in return if you're going to sell. Especially if you're competing. Doubt the Breece owner trades him for JT even straight up unless they're also competing and looking to avoid Halls return year that's likely to be down. Walker+? Doubt you get that and I want JT over Walker.
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:36 pm

106 pages, and it comes to this:

Jonathan Taylor has requested a trade from the Indianapolis Colts.

I've been beating this drum for over a month now. Pretty fun that it completely skipped the hold-in phase... unless, of course... he's been holding in this entire time with an "injured ankle". Imagine if a player was doing that!!!

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:44 pm

mild wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:36 pm 106 pages, and it comes to this:

I've been beating this drum for over a month now. Pretty fun that it completely skipped the hold-in phase... unless, of course... he's been holding in this entire time with an "injured ankle". Imagine if a player was doing that!!!

#Colts owner Jim Irsay: “If I die tonight and Jonathan Taylor is out of the league, no one’s gonna miss us. The league goes on. We know that. The National Football (League) rolls on. It doesn’t matter who comes and who goes, and it’s a privilege to be a part of it.”

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:05 pm

Lumps wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:44 pm
#Colts owner Jim Irsay: “If I die tonight and Jonathan Taylor is out of the league, no one’s gonna miss us. The league goes on. We know that. The National Football (League) rolls on. It doesn’t matter who comes and who goes, and it’s a privilege to be a part of it.”
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Quite the change of tune from just 3 months ago for Jim "Gurning" Irsay.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:06 pm

Doubt it. It's not some phantom injury. Not sure what the Colts could get. A team would likely have to extend JT to make it work, have a deal in place. Should be interesting. What backfield does he destroy?
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:22 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:06 pm

Doubt it. It's not some phantom injury. Not sure what the Colts could get. A team would likely have to extend JT to make it work, have a deal in place. Should be interesting. What backfield does he destroy?
Contenders who want to notch it up a bit - KC, Miami, Philly..

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:08 pm

kadun2 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:22 pm

JT isn't going to go anywhere unless he gets an extension, more than likely. I think that's his goal here. He wants someone who's willing to pay him now. I don't blame him, he's had a lot of work since college, is a top end talent, and hasn't made all that much money. Those teams are going to need to shell out a lot of money to get him, more than likely.

He doesn't fit Miami's scheme. KC and Philly have QB's just signed to big deals, they aren't likely to pay a RB. Philly let Sanders walk over paying him 6ish million a year, and KC is going bargain bin at the position, and putting big money elsewhere.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:52 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:08 pm

JT isn't going to go anywhere unless he gets an extension, more than likely. I think that's his goal here. He wants someone who's willing to pay him now. I don't blame him, he's had a lot of work since college, is a top end talent, and hasn't made all that much money. Those teams are going to need to shell out a lot of money to get him, more than likely.

He doesn't fit Miami's scheme. KC and Philly have QB's just signed to big deals, they aren't likely to pay a RB. Philly let Sanders walk over paying him 6ish million a year, and KC is going bargain bin at the position, and putting big money elsewhere.
Good points. Maybe the Bills? I don’t think middling teams will pay him either. It may be hard to find a trade partner.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:06 pm

I think he’d go somewhere and play even without an extension. This seemed to become a bigger issue once Irsay publicly called him out for suggesting that running backs are getting screwed. He might just want to not play for Irsay at this point.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:13 pm

ericanadian wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:06 pm

I think he’d go somewhere and play even without an extension. This seemed to become a bigger issue once Irsay publicly called him out for suggesting that running backs are getting screwed. He might just want to not play for Irsay at this point.
Irsay called out agents, but semantics at this point. Irsay is an idiot for going on twitter and doing that, he needs to set a way better example as an owner. It's possible JT plays without a deal, but I think he's likely aiming at one, with this move, as well. His agent seemed to feel he was deserving of one, and I definitely think the agent is having some influence on this. If the Colts aren't willing to pay him, he might as well take a shot by requesting a trade, because there might be a team that will, type thing.
Janiel Dones Truther

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:26 pm

If the Rams had an owner like isray I'd stop watching the nfl. Silent stan would never divulge what he's thinking to the public at large. Not like this ponce. He's like a teenage schoolgirl on some social media app.

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:09 am

Serious question. If the NFL doesn’t value RBs should we?
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:19 am

j4pac wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:09 am Serious question. If the NFL doesn’t value RBs should we?
We already don't, to a degree - it's pretty well known that Running Backs have the prime of their production in their first 6 years in the league. It looks like this:

Key Takeaway: Generally, RBs take a big step forward from Year 1 to Year 2. Years 2-6 are peak years, with that peak production largely remaining stagnant. Year 7 provides the first hint of a steep and precipitous decline toward irrelevancy. From Year 8 on, RBs are usually worse off than when they were rookies.
It's pretty common for a lot of Dynasty managers to sell high on elite talents that are approaching this kind of age cliff. It's also common that their perceived value (KTC, etc) is trended down by that point too. In some of the more freakish cases (Nick Chubb, D-Henry) you're probably best served still riding the wheels off if you're a contender - because the production now outstrips any return you'll get from the calculator-inclined.

The NFL doesn't value paying *veteran* running backs... but they just took 2 excellent ones in the first 12 picks of the actual Draft. They value a Running Back's prime production years - just like we do.