The Official Brock Purdy Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: PSA: Purdy has now overtaken Lance on KTC

Postby MFundercover » Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:11 pm

How awkward it must be in that QB room with Purdy Lance and Darnold.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:01 pm

MFundercover wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:11 pm How awkward it must be in that QB room with Purdy Lance and Darnold.
It's unfair more than anything. How can they compete with Robocop at QB? :lol:

But seriously, if you saw Rich Eisen interview Lance, you can tell why the team likes him as a person. He did come off as a humble good dude. Purdy .... I mean look at him. Darnold though... from USC... he's probably a douche.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:19 pm

Good for Purdy. He seems to have all the confidence that Lance seems to lack. Mojo.

I think Lance is closer to being out of the league than he is to being a starter in the league.

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:58 am

We're getting ready for our draft this weekend. As commish I can see cuts and Lance is being cut. Crazy how far and fast he fell
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:10 am

81- wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:58 am We're getting ready for our draft this weekend. As commish I can see cuts and Lance is being cut. Crazy how far and fast he fell
:wtf:

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:22 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:10 am
81- wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:58 am We're getting ready for our draft this weekend. As commish I can see cuts and Lance is being cut. Crazy how far and fast he fell
I adjust the keeper date to make sure people are doing their thing and I don't need to replace an owner.. There is no advantage for me other than I can gossip about the cuts online to people that aren't in the league. Everybody will see cuts before the draft. This practice is well known and clearly communicated
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:29 am

Lance was the first QB to lineup under center at practice.

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:42 am

81- wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:22 am
Jigga94 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:10 am
I adjust the keeper date to make sure people are doing their thing and I don't need to replace an owner.. There is no advantage for me other than I can gossip about the cuts online to people that aren't in the league. Everybody will see cuts before the draft. This practice is well known and clearly communicated
As long as you’re locking in your cuts before and not being influenced by other teams cuts, sure.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:19 pm

MFundercover wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:29 am Lance was the first QB to lineup under center at practice.
Lynch said that Purdy is “cleared and ready to go,” and that he’s going to be “without restrictions.” Once he is out there practicing, Lynch said that Purdy will be QB1.
Purdy won’t practice on day one and will have some scheduled pitch count time off. “He won’t ever throw three days in a row, so he’s going to be off tomorrow,” 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:38 pm

Pretty strange that an NFL GM announcing his starting quarterback in the most watched camp battle was only reported by The Athletic, and not placed in quotes.

Fake news.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:00 pm

MFundercover wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:38 pm Pretty strange that an NFL GM announcing his starting quarterback in the most watched camp battle was only reported by The Athletic, and not placed in quotes.

Fake news.
Shanny said he'd be with the starters once he's out there. If it's a battle, it's an uphill once for Lance. Purdy is likely the guy, unless he's downright awful in camp or suffers a setback.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:07 pm

He said they will all run with the starters.

Purdy is obviously the leader but his grip on the role isn't as secure as people make it out to be. And he certainly has not been named the "QB1" as The Athletic tried to suggest.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:08 pm

MFundercover wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:07 pm He said they will all run with the starters.

Purdy is obviously the leader but his grip on the role isn't as secure as people make it out to be. And he certainly has not been named the "QB1" as The Athletic tried to suggest.
Other outlets are saying that too, it's not just them. NBC for one, I know is. They are running an article from SF beat reporter Matt Maiocco.

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nfl/sa ... r/1643545/

Yeah, Brock does have the edge, no doubt.

Shanahan added, "Injuries happen. And when injuries happen, you don't really lose your job because of an injury, but you give opportunities to someone else. And this guy, who got his opportunity, came in and did stuff on film for me, for John, for all our players, that was as good as we've seen here. And it's going to be real hard to beat out."

Also, Purdy is taking every 3rd day off, from what I can tell, so due to that they will all get a chance to run with the 1's, but the way I interpreted it, was that when Purdy was taking reps, it would be with the 1's.

"He (Purdy) will (run with the first-team offense) when he's out there," Shanahan said.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:17 pm

He literally did not name a starter. You have fake news outlets trying to jump through hoops to make it so, but nothing has happened. That's all I'm trying to say.

"Hopefully, it'll balance out," Shanahan said. "I know we're going to give them all an (opportunity) and that's also why those preseason games will probably be a little bit more for those guys, too, than they have been in the past."

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:20 pm

MFundercover wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:17 pm He literally did not name a starter. You have fake news outlets trying to jump through hoops to make it so, but nothing has happened. That's all I'm trying to say.

"Hopefully, it'll balance out," Shanahan said. "I know we're going to give them all an (opportunity) and that's also why those preseason games will probably be a little bit more for those guys, too, than they have been in the past."
I know they didn't "name the starter". The Beat reporter believes Purdy is. That's all I was saying, is it wasn't just the Athletic.

Shanny has clearly stated Purdy is running with the 1's when he's out there, and that it's going to be really tough for him to get beat out. Direct quotes from the head coach. As I said in my earlier post, if it's a battle, it's an uphill one for Lance, as it's going to take something drastic to supplant Purdy. A few preseason outings with minimal reps isn't likely to sway the tide on what Purdy did last year, unless Purdy is looking hurt still, and just not good enough to play.