General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Way, way, WAY too early 2024 thread

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu May 11, 2023 11:13 am

yinzername wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:16 am
tstafford wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:25 am
realmacaroni wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:11 am super early and with little research, these are names i've jotted down that i don't see in your post:
RB: Raheim Sanders, Braelon Edwards, Donovan Edwards
WR: Xavier Worthy
Thanks!
no prob, please share if you turn up anything noteworthy for or against them
It's Allen, not Edwards. The next guy on his list has the last name Edwards, and Braelon Edwards was a former player. Easy mistake to make. Braelon Allen is a big, bruising back with decent burst, but doesn't have great long speed. Probably not going to catch too many passes. I don't think he's as talented as a few recent Wisky backs.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Re: Somewhat early 2024 Draft thread

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Thu May 11, 2023 11:16 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:02 am Many of the players in the 2024 class were High School Seniors during Covid. Since so many of the schools weren't playing much or at all, the scouting grades at 247 are incomplete. It's apparently making things difficult for scouting departments that are digging into this class.

One of the pods with 2024 Superflex Mocks said this could give teams with superior scouting departments an edge. We could get some good values/sleepers after the 1st in dynasty drafts.
I've heard that one before... :roll:

The next few years are going to be very interesting from a scouting standpoint.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu May 11, 2023 11:23 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:02 am Many of the players in the 2024 class were High School Seniors during Covid. Since so many of the schools weren't playing much or at all, the scouting grades at 247 are incomplete. It's apparently making things difficult for scouting departments that are digging into this class.

One of the pods with 2024 Superflex Mocks said this could give teams with superior scouting departments an edge. We could get some good values/sleepers after the 1st in dynasty drafts.
But these guys will have 3 years of actual college play, isn't that more important than what they did as HS seniors? I could see where it's more difficult to recruit them, but that would have been a 2021 issue?

The 2024 class will have some guys who started college in 2019 or 2020 as well, but didn't get to see real action until after covid in 2021. That can be a factor also.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu May 11, 2023 4:01 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:23 am

But these guys will have 3 years of actual college play, isn't that more important than what they did as HS seniors? I could see where it's more difficult to recruit them, but that would have been a 2021 issue?

The 2024 class will have some guys who started college in 2019 or 2020 as well, but didn't get to see real action until after covid in 2021. That can be a factor also.
Yeah, after 3-4 years of college production and usage it doesn't matter what the HS tape was. But, I do get what he's saying. Theoretically, some good HS players were not recruited as such, and ended up off the radar somewhere else.

Though, realistically that happens all the time in college anyway. This time a year ago, Jahmyr Gibbs was leaving Georgia Tech and not many people had heard of Dalton Kincaid.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu May 11, 2023 4:24 pm

Totally see your point about the importance of college performance. I could see being interested in their HS measurements and eval, to get a sense of the player's progression and development. Would be useful to know if they addressed an area of improvement or any changes they made. Cody Mauch changed alot leading up to the 2023 NFL draft. From how the pod people were talking, some scouts use the service's rankings and player profiles as a starting point for scouting a class.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Thu May 11, 2023 5:08 pm

2024 1st are never going to be cheaper. I already have 5! Looking forward to this college season!
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Barkley, Jacobs, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Zach Evans
WR: AJB, Olave, Aiyuk, London, Nabers, Odunze, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ja’lynn Polk, Dotson, Bateman
TE: Pitts, Likely, Mayer, Stover

2025: 2x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu May 11, 2023 6:05 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:01 pm

Yeah, after 3-4 years of college production and usage it doesn't matter what the HS tape was. But, I do get what he's saying. Theoretically, some good HS players were not recruited as such, and ended up off the radar somewhere else.

Though, realistically that happens all the time in college anyway. This time a year ago, Jahmyr Gibbs was leaving Georgia Tech and not many people had heard of Dalton Kincaid.
Right. I thought we were all looking forward to seeing True Juniors come out after 3 uninterrupted seasons finally lol. It makes sense that a player could fall through the cracks from missing his HS SR year, but I'd expect them to dominate even more at a smaller college and transferring has never been easier.

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Thu May 11, 2023 6:33 pm

My flag plant. 2024 will be better than 2023. When you look already, theres more guys that have shown they can produce and many others on the brink of breaking out. 2023 has been a let down compared to the hype it got. 2024 looks like it will be top heavy and deeper

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu May 11, 2023 6:42 pm

spotxc wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:33 pm My flag plant. 2024 will be better than 2023. When you look already, theres more guys that have shown they can produce and many others on the brink of breaking out. 2023 has been a let down compared to the hype it got. 2024 looks like it will be top heavy and deeper
That's the thing, we don't actually know that. We know nothing about their production/analytics profile, their combine measurements, no injuries have happened, etc. All we know is there are college players who've had some good games.

The only thing that is a guarantee is the unicorn potential with Marvin Harrison Jr., Caleb Williams, and Brock Bowers as prizes.

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Thu May 11, 2023 7:03 pm

I was looking at the draft eligible rb and wrs for 2024 and most of them had some really nice years last year. Thats production to me. Last year you had guys like zach evans, tank bigsby at the top and they did not produce such great years. They were hoping they would, these guys have already shown they can put up the numbers. I mean people were so high on boutte and nabers has already put up better numbers than boutte ever did. You have the obvious 2 stud OSU wrs, the michigan rbs, Raheim Sanders, Trevyeon Henderson, Braelon Allen, Rome Udonze, Xavier Worthy, Troy Franklin.. idk I just see more probable potential and thats not even factoring guys who will rise throughout the year.

Qbs are also supposed to be great. 2023 has the better TE class I would agree, but who cares about TEs lol

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu May 11, 2023 7:10 pm

spotxc wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:03 pm I was looking at the draft eligible rb and wrs for 2024 and most of them had some really nice years last year. Thats production to me. Last year you had guys like zach evans, tank bigsby at the top and they did not produce such great years. They were hoping they would, these guys have already shown they can put up the numbers. I mean people were so high on boutte and nabers has already put up better numbers than boutte ever did. You have the obvious 2 stud OSU wrs, the michigan rbs, Raheim Sanders, Trevyeon Henderson, Braelon Allen, Rome Udonze, Xavier Worthy, Troy Franklin.. idk I just see more probable potential and thats not even factoring guys who will rise throughout the year.

Qbs are also supposed to be great. 2023 has the better TE class I would agree, but who cares about TEs lol
A year ago at this exact time:

- Kayshon Boutte was a Biletnikoff frontrunner
- Jordan Addison was coming off a Biletnikoff season
- Zach Evans was one of the most talked about RBs in the country
- Sean Tucker was considered a Top-64 pick
- Blake Corum was expected to breakout and declare early
- Tank Bigsby was highly regarded

I can keep going. What you're describing is not anything different. We know there are players who've had good games for this class and are on the radar for 2024, but:

1. We haven't actually evaluated them thoroughly.
2. We know little to nothing about their production profiles to an advanced point.
3. We haven't seen them perform at the combine.

I'm not even sure how you can say the potential is "more probable". Nothing has happened yet and there are a ton of questions about players that haven't been answered.

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Thu May 11, 2023 7:48 pm

spotxc wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:33 pm My flag plant. 2024 will be better than 2023. When you look already, theres more guys that have shown they can produce and many others on the brink of breaking out. 2023 has been a let down compared to the hype it got. 2024 looks like it will be top heavy and deeper
Everyone will be planting this flag soon lol. It literally happens every year.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu May 11, 2023 8:12 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:10 pm
spotxc wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:03 pm I was looking at the draft eligible rb and wrs for 2024 and most of them had some really nice years last year. Thats production to me. Last year you had guys like zach evans, tank bigsby at the top and they did not produce such great years. They were hoping they would, these guys have already shown they can put up the numbers. I mean people were so high on boutte and nabers has already put up better numbers than boutte ever did. You have the obvious 2 stud OSU wrs, the michigan rbs, Raheim Sanders, Trevyeon Henderson, Braelon Allen, Rome Udonze, Xavier Worthy, Troy Franklin.. idk I just see more probable potential and thats not even factoring guys who will rise throughout the year.

A year ago at this exact time:

- Kayshon Boutte was a Biletnikoff frontrunner
- Jordan Addison was coming off a Biletnikoff season
- Zach Evans was one of the most talked about RBs in the country
- Sean Tucker was considered a Top-64 pick
- Blake Corum was expected to breakout and declare early
- Tank Bigsby was highly regarded

I can keep going. What you're describing is not anything different. We know there are players who've had good games for this class and are on the radar for 2024, but:

1. We haven't actually evaluated them thoroughly.
2. We know little to nothing about their production profiles to an advanced point.
3. We haven't seen them perform at the combine.

I'm not even sure how you can say the potential is "more probable". Nothing has happened yet and there are a ton of questions about players that haven't been answered.
Very well-said
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, J Daniels, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/G WILSON/D ADAMS/DK, Pittman, Flowers, Evans, Pearsoll
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/COUSINS, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
LAPORTA/KELCE/KITTLE
/
TEAM C - 32T (2 copy), 1QB, TEP
TUA, J Daniels
KAMARA, J Brooks, Monty, Mattison
JJ/DK/GODWIN/K ALLEN, Kirk, J Meyers, Polk, Wandale
KITTLE, Goedert, Higbee
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE, Pollard
CHASE/G WILSON/AIYUK/DJM, Nabers, Pittman, Diggs, Polk
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/BREECE, Pollard
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert
/
TEAM F - 12T, SF & TEP
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Thu May 11, 2023 9:37 pm

Just my thoughts. Talked about and highly regarded aren’t the same as actually showing you can put up the season. Also I’m not factoring in combine, advanced metrics, etc. I’m talking about showing you can dominate in college Addison and tucker imo were the only ones who showed they could be dominant in that list in their sophomore season. 2023 was the hype golden child. If everybody was right, there would be no winners. Sometimes the masses are more wrong than right. Probably most of the time.

I do appreciate your thoughts though, just my point of view. I usually get bleep for my takes. IE Saying Calvin Ridley was really good , saying cmc was better than mixon, and saying Kenneth Walker was going to be really food( this one got some hurdles recently)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu May 11, 2023 9:49 pm

spotxc wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:37 pm Just my thoughts. Talked about and highly regarded aren’t the same as actually showing you can put up the season. Also I’m not factoring in combine, advanced metrics, etc. I’m talking about showing you can dominate in college Addison and tucker imo were the only ones who showed they could be dominant in that list in their sophomore season. 2023 was the hype golden child. If everybody was right, there would be no winners. Sometimes the masses are more wrong than right. Probably most of the time.

I do appreciate your thoughts though, just my point of view. I usually get bleep for my takes. IE Saying Calvin Ridley was really good , saying cmc was better than mixon, and saying Kenneth Walker was going to be really food( this one got some hurdles recently)
All this Walker talk is making me hungry. :lol:
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".