Deep rookie fliers

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: Deep rookie fliers

Postby MEuRaH » Sun May 07, 2023 5:37 am

Agreed with Tank Dell. He already has a connection with Stroud, so that's a plus.
esloan35 wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 12:49 pmChristopher Rodriguez Jr
I came here to say this. Of all the backs in this draft class, I think Rodriguez has the best chance to be the back taken towards the end of the NFL draft to make an impact on an NFL team. There's not much in front of him, and he possesses good skills and talent. I don't see him as a long-term starter, but def someone who can make a name for himself for 3-4 years, and perhaps someone you can flip for a profit later.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun May 07, 2023 5:45 am

If you want real deep, Lew Nichols.

I embarrassingly love this kid a little too much. He's buried on the depth chart, but this is AJ Dillons last year on his rookie deal, and Nichols would def see the field if either AJ or Aaron Jones gets hurt, which is almost guaranteed to happen at some point.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Sun May 07, 2023 7:44 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 2:46 pm
esloan35 wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 12:49 pm WR

Xavier Hutchinson
Antoine Green

RB

Christopher Rodriguez Jr
What do you like about Green?
I like his size, speed, and he is in a good situation to get some reps with the Jamo suspension. He has great deep ball abilities (19 avg) and his tape is really good. For a deep flier, I'm buying.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVdi4zAJwOk

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Sun May 07, 2023 7:48 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 5:45 am If you want real deep, Lew Nichols.

I embarrassingly love this kid a little too much. He's buried on the depth chart, but this is AJ Dillons last year on his rookie deal, and Nichols would def see the field if either AJ or Aaron Jones gets hurt, which is almost guaranteed to happen at some point.
Nichols looks sneaky good for sure.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun May 07, 2023 8:04 am

esloan35 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 7:44 am
esloan35 wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 12:49 pm WR

Xavier Hutchinson
Antoine Green

RB

Christopher Rodriguez Jr
I like his size, speed, and he is in a good situation to get some reps with the Jamo suspension. He has great deep ball abilities (19 avg) and his tape is really good. For a deep flier, I'm buying.
He just seems so average to me. Took until his final year to break out and was still the 2nd option at best most weeks. Less than 100 receptions in 5 years of college, his production was pretty lacking for a guy catching passes from 2 NFL caliber QBs.

I also don't see the path to relevance in DET. Yes Jameson is out for 6 games but you have ARSB as the #1 and I don't see him playing ahead of the other vet WRs they brought in. Not to mention them relying on the run game a lot and spending a 1st on Gibbs and early 2nd on LaPorta.

Sorry not to dunk on a 7th round pick, I guess I just don't see it with this one, but that's the whole reason he's a deep sleeper. Will do some more digging.

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Sun May 07, 2023 8:13 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 8:04 am
esloan35 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 7:44 am

He just seems so average to me. Took until his final year to break out and was still the 2nd option at best most weeks. Less than 100 receptions in 5 years of college, his production was pretty lacking for a guy catching passes from 2 NFL caliber QBs.

I also don't see the path to relevance in DET. Yes Jameson is out for 6 games but you have ARSB as the #1 and I don't see him playing ahead of the other vet WRs they brought in. Not to mention them relying on the run game a lot and spending a 1st on Gibbs and early 2nd on LaPorta.

Sorry not to dunk on a 7th round pick, I guess I just don't see it with this one, but that's the whole reason he's a deep sleeper. Will do some more digging.
It's all good, I just see him as a deep rookie flier. None of these guys are potential Hoffers I assume. Title of the post string 8-)

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon May 08, 2023 8:03 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 5:45 am If you want real deep, Lew Nichols.

i like him, but will he even make the initial 53 roster? the packers have gone into the season with just jones/dillons for a couple of seasons now iirc.

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Mon May 08, 2023 10:15 am

Loved Nichols two years ago but he was hurt and ineffective last year. I’ll roster him if he makes there team.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu May 11, 2023 3:46 pm

Cherokee wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 7:10 am Took Khalan Laborn at 5.09 in one draft today. 5 star recruit, attended FSU, injured, sat out, something like 1600 total yards at Marshall in 2022. Comped to Elijah Mitchell. Signed by 49ers. Could easily pass Mason and TPD. I think one will be a cut soon. In San Fran, you just need to show you can make the cut and get up field and I saw a lot of the from his 2022 games. Watch him vs. Notre Dame if you get a second. Runs wild all over em
Laborn isn't on MFL
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed May 24, 2023 3:40 am

If you want deep, I like Dontayvion Wicks as a stash. Big bodied WR with solid profile, was top 5 in the class in career YPR. GB isn't afraid to give rookie WRs some run.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed May 24, 2023 5:11 am

Repost from the deep rookie RB thread, excuse the bad form please
Bronco Billy wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 7:26 pm I’ll throw a name out there that I haven’t seen on these boards yet - Cam Peoples, UDFA RB in CAR.out of App St.

He’s 6-1” 217 lbs. Looked very good in all 3 games against power 5 schools including his pivotal play in Appalachian St’s upset at Texas A&M. Runs hard inside but with patience and vision, great contact balance and tackle breaking ability. Has a nose for the end zone. Very solid in pass protection. Receiving ability is almost an unknown because he wasn’t used that way in college but showed signs of competence. Low agility score but very good burst score. Ran a 4.61 40, but that still puts him at a 96.1 speed score given his size - but in pads he plays faster than that, watch his tape. Can get to the edge and turn upfield. He also looked good at Senior Bowl practices and ripped off a 17 yd gain in the game. Carries himself a bit high, not unusual for a bigger RB.

There’s opportunity in CAR. Miles Sanders is there, but he gets hurt often enough. Chuba Hubbard is also there but is a very different back than him and only looked much better last year than his rookie year because they halved his workload, both running and receiving. After that there really isn’t much else.

Looked very good against A&M, UNC and Miami as well as App St’s bowl games including torching North Texas for 317 yds and 5 TDs on 22 carries. He’s 23 yrs old but when you can get him as your last pick in your FF draft (got him B2B with Lew Nichols in the 8th round tonight) or as a minimum bid FA, it’s a great dart throw IMO.

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Wed May 24, 2023 4:51 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:11 am Repost from the deep rookie RB thread, excuse the bad form please
Bronco Billy wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 7:26 pm I’ll throw a name out there that I haven’t seen on these boards yet - Cam Peoples, UDFA RB in CAR.out of App St.

He’s 6-1” 217 lbs. Looked very good in all 3 games against power 5 schools including his pivotal play in Appalachian St’s upset at Texas A&M. Runs hard inside but with patience and vision, great contact balance and tackle breaking ability. Has a nose for the end zone. Very solid in pass protection. Receiving ability is almost an unknown because he wasn’t used that way in college but showed signs of competence. Low agility score but very good burst score. Ran a 4.61 40, but that still puts him at a 96.1 speed score given his size - but in pads he plays faster than that, watch his tape. Can get to the edge and turn upfield. He also looked good at Senior Bowl practices and ripped off a 17 yd gain in the game. Carries himself a bit high, not unusual for a bigger RB.

There’s opportunity in CAR. Miles Sanders is there, but he gets hurt often enough. Chuba Hubbard is also there but is a very different back than him and only looked much better last year than his rookie year because they halved his workload, both running and receiving. After that there really isn’t much else.

Looked very good against A&M, UNC and Miami as well as App St’s bowl games including torching North Texas for 317 yds and 5 TDs on 22 carries. He’s 23 yrs old but when you can get him as your last pick in your FF draft (got him B2B with Lew Nichols in the 8th round tonight) or as a minimum bid FA, it’s a great dart throw IMO.
Added him for a dolla. I'll add Hassan Hall (CLE) as a min bid RB flier as well. Both backfields have opportunity for someone to step up. Hall has 4.51 speed and put up nearly a 10% target share in college. Ford looks better suited to be Chubbs direct handcuff, but Hall may fill the Kareem Hunt role as a pass catcher if he can outbattle Demetric Felton, John Kelly and Nate McCrary?

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Wed May 24, 2023 5:12 pm

Surprised no one's mentioned Puka Nacua yet. 5th round pick to the rams, can definitely carve out a nice role early on. Pretty nice size, fluid route runner and can make some wow plays, turned heads at the senior bowl.
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Thu May 25, 2023 6:26 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:46 pm
Cherokee wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 7:10 am Took Khalan Laborn at 5.09 in one draft today. 5 star recruit, attended FSU, injured, sat out, something like 1600 total yards at Marshall in 2022. Comped to Elijah Mitchell. Signed by 49ers. Could easily pass Mason and TPD. I think one will be a cut soon. In San Fran, you just need to show you can make the cut and get up field and I saw a lot of the from his 2022 games. Watch him vs. Notre Dame if you get a second. Runs wild all over em
Laborn isn't on MFL
Too bad
He is already making a bunch of noise. As much as one in his situation could at least. I guess he makes the team as the RB4
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Thu May 25, 2023 6:44 am

Cherokee wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 6:26 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:46 pm
Laborn isn't on MFL
Too bad
He is already making a bunch of noise. As much as one in his situation could at least. I guess he makes the team as the RB4
So he'll be starting by week 7?