wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Re: Expected Haul for Bijan

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:50 pm

-THE DUDE- wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:11 pm
Patsfan86 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:40 pm
Yarnith wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:18 pm
I have seen people on these forums talking 3 1st+ for Barkley or CMC or insert this years generational talent. It rarely pans out long term to do this. Not as a rookie and not as vets because things happen. You make my argument about it, you donno when something is gonna happen so when you have your entire team predicated on the success of 1 Elite player the wheels come off your season(s). Proceed with caution is all I am saying.
Ok so you are coming from the buyers side and telling buyers not to pay that much, I got you. I’ve been coming at this from the sellers side because I have the 1.01. If I didn’t have the 1.01 I’d NEVER give up 3 firsts for Bijan, that kind of value is reserved for only 2 players in a 1 QB, Chase and JJ.

However as a seller I’m only selling 1.01 for 3 firsts. 2 just isn’t enough for me.
As a fellow 1.01 owner I completely agree with this. I’ve gotten price check questions on 1.01 and my response is usually it’ll cost more than you’re willing to pay.
Yep.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:27 pm

Ya from the sellers perspective it’s just better off to hold him then give him up for anything but around 3 firsts in value. Right now is possibly the cheapest he will ever be (I’m sure he gets hurt at some point and there will be a buy window there, but let’s leave that out of the equation) and being able to take him with just 1 free draft pick if you tanked and got the 1.01 is just too good of a deal. His value can only go up too if he does go to a team like the eagles. So hold

Csl312
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Csl312 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:28 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:27 pm Ya from the sellers perspective it’s just better off to hold him then give him up for anything but around 3 firsts in value. Right now is possibly the cheapest he will ever be (I’m sure he gets hurt at some point and there will be a buy window there, but let’s leave that out of the equation) and being able to take him with just 1 free draft pick if you tanked and got the 1.01 is just too good of a deal. His value can only go up too if he does go to a team like the eagles . So hold
Definitely I can understand not wanting to move off the 1.01 I probably would also just take Bijan. But how many times have you seen a player traded for more than 3 first round picks? Honest question because it definitely hasnt happened in my league.

Also would you value him less if he ended up in NE? Or do you feel he is more or less can't be hurt only helped by situation? (again honest question I know it sounds a little sarcastic)

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:23 pm

Csl312 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:28 pm
Patsfan86 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:27 pm Ya from the sellers perspective it’s just better off to hold him then give him up for anything but around 3 firsts in value. Right now is possibly the cheapest he will ever be (I’m sure he gets hurt at some point and there will be a buy window there, but let’s leave that out of the equation) and being able to take him with just 1 free draft pick if you tanked and got the 1.01 is just too good of a deal. His value can only go up too if he does go to a team like the eagles . So hold
Definitely I can understand not wanting to move off the 1.01 I probably would also just take Bijan. But how many times have you seen a player traded for more than 3 first round picks? Honest question because it definitely hasnt happened in my league.

Also would you value him less if he ended up in NE? Or do you feel he is more or less can't be hurt only helped by situation? (again honest question I know it sounds a little sarcastic)
I don’t think landing spot matters at all for Bijan and things change constantly in the NFL. Bill b is on his last legs, if he leaves things get real interesting in NE.

I’ve never seen a player traded for 3 firsts, but that’s still what I’d want for Bijan. The risk you are passing up on a very high end player by trading him is too great.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:15 pm

Plus it's not like you're getting three 1.01 picks. More like early 1st this year, then mid in 23/24/25.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Csl312
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Csl312 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:58 pm

But if nobody gets traded for more than 3 firsts, and that's what the consensus value of Bijan is, how could his value go up? He would have to be better than Adrian Peterson at this point to have a value increase. I just don't see it.

Again I would probably not be trading him away, but it would definitely depend on my team makeup. But this isn't a buy while you can situation.

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:51 am

Csl312 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:58 pm But if nobody gets traded for more than 3 firsts, and that's what the consensus value of Bijan is, how could his value go up? He would have to be better than Adrian Peterson at this point to have a value increase. I just don't see it.

Again I would probably not be trading him away, but it would definitely depend on my team makeup. But this isn't a buy while you can situation.
Exactly. The statement that his value can only go up makes no sense. He is already valued as the RB1 overall. By definition, his value has no where to go but down (or stay the same).

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:15 am

Bijan Robinson.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:20 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:51 am
Csl312 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:58 pm But if nobody gets traded for more than 3 firsts, and that's what the consensus value of Bijan is, how could his value go up? He would have to be better than Adrian Peterson at this point to have a value increase. I just don't see it.

Exactly. The statement that his value can only go up makes no sense. He is already valued as the RB1 overall. By definition, his value has no where to go but down (or stay the same).
Consensus isn’t 3 firsts for Bijan. That’s my personal price. He is my missing piece of a rebuild ive worked on for 2 years in my one league. I’m not selling him for anything but an absolute blow me away offer. Telling people I want 3 firsts and valuing him that way keeps the nonsense offers away.

If I were thinking about consensus I’d say something like Garret Wilson and a low 23 first OR random
24 first would be fair. But people are going to very much disagree with that and find that to be a mega overpay too. And i totally get that. I just see Bijan as being the next league winning RB and we have forgotten how valuable that is because of the injuries to guys like Barkley and CMC

Amoo
Captain
Captain

Postby Amoo » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:28 pm

I’m in a great position, at the end of my rebuild, holding the 1.01, 1.05, and 1.08. I traded ‘22 1.11 (Christian Watson) on the clock for what ended up 1.01. Lucky me! I won’t be trading Bijan for less than 4 firsts. Especially considering I got 3 firsts mid season for Lamb (1.08, ‘24 1st, ‘25 1st). No way I trade him for that equivalency.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:47 pm

Amoo wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:28 pm I’m in a great position, at the end of my rebuild, holding the 1.01, 1.05, and 1.08. I traded ‘22 1.11 (Christian Watson) on the clock for what ended up 1.01. Lucky me! I won’t be trading Bijan for less than 4 firsts. Especially considering I got 3 firsts mid season for Lamb (1.08, ‘24 1st, ‘25 1st). No way I trade him for that equivalency.
Well done. I think it's also the QUALITY of the picks. I traded basically 1.05 + 24 1.07 + 25 1.09 plus EMoore for the 1.01 and some scraps. I thought it was a steal. In another I gave up Jeudy + EMoore plus 24 1.07 + 25 1.08. Jeudy/Moore = 1 mid-first to me. I wouldn't give up 1.01 for 3-4 firsts unless it was the 1.02 + 1.03 + early 23 1st (etc.).

I can't see giving up 1.01 and Bijan for 3-4 mid-to-late 1sts, not worth it. At that point it's 4 quarters for a dollar. Not the same. I'd need to make sure I could get JSN + probably Gibbs and in Superflex, one of the top 3 qbs. So nothing later than say 1.06.

I hear you.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

smbkrypt24
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smbkrypt24 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:53 pm

In non superflex paid the price of 1.02, 1.04 1.07 for 1.01.
I would do it again even though that is a lot of early firsts.
Essentially
JSN/Gibbs, WR2/RB3, QB1/TE1/WR4ish/RB3ish
For
Bijan
12 Team PPR Dynasty. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D, 21 roster spots.

2013 Startup
Team 1- 3rd in 2023
QB: Herbert, B. Purdy, Fields
RB: Bijan, Barkley, Akers, Dobbins
WR: T. Hill, D. Johnson, JSN, Doubs, Meyers, Thomas, Toney
TE: Andrews, Likely, Dulcic

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 1, 2, 2

2019 Startup
Team 2- 4th in 2023
QB: Murray, Cousins, Wilson
RB: Bijan, JT, Kamara, Dobbins, Rodriguez
WR: Chase, G. Wilson, Di. Johnson, M. Wilson, W. Robinson, R. Rice
TE: McBride, Pitts, Kmet, Likely

2024: 1.01, 1.06, 2.08, 2.09
2025: 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3

2021 Startup
Team 3- 11th in 2023
QB: Burrow, Watson, Cousins, Levis, Rodgers, Young
RB: Gibbs, Pacheco, Dobbins
WR: Chase, J. Jefferson, JSN, Palmer, Mooney, Tillman
TE: Schultz, Pitts, Likely, Okonkwo

2024: 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, 2.03, 3.03, 3.06, 3.08
2025: 1, 2, 3

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:44 am

In the league I was trying to get the 1.01, the 1.01 was traded, but not to me! It ended up going being:

Lamb+1.08
For
1.01+Randale Moore

I personally have lamb > 1.01 and 1.08 >>> Moore so that was a great return for the 1.01 imo.

The 1.01 costs a lot lol.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:20 pm

There are a handful of guys I won't trade for the 1.01 and Lamb, Jefferson, and Chase are three of them.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

PPE82
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby PPE82 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:51 am

Which side in a 12-team SF TEP (2 ppr)?

1.01, Dalton Schultz

or

1.02, Burks, ‘24 1st (mid)
Team 1
12 Team, SF, PPR, TEP (2PPR)
1-2QB, 2-6RB, 2-6WR, 1-5TE
10 starters, 28 roster spots

Kyler Murray, Rudolph, Brissett, Brady
Keaton Mitchell, scrubs
Jefferson, Lamb, Waddle, DeVonta Smith, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Dotson, Josh Palmer, Rashid Shaheed, Toney, Justyn Ross, Metchie, Ronnie Bell
Pitts, Likely
2024 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 2.09, 4.02, 4.12

Team 2
12 Team, SF, PPR, TEP (2PPR)
1-2QB, 2-5RB, 3-6WR, 1-4TE
10 starters, 28 roster spots

Lawrence, Caleb Williams, Richardson, Young, Mac Jones, Lance, Jordan Travis
Bijan, Charbonnet, Braelon Allen, Estime, Bucky Irving, Strong Jr., Davis-Price, Tyler Goodson, Kevin Harris
Wilson, Nacua, Odunze, Thomas Jr., Flowers, Downs, Wicks, Renfrow, Ross, Bell, Metchie
Pitts, Bowers, Woods
2025 Picks: 1-4 (mine)