Trey Lance thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Trey Lance thread

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:58 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:08 am
KittleGoat wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:08 am Anyone see that 3 second clip of the beautiful throw Lance threw with Mahomes and the KC receivers? Never saw him throw a spiral like that before!!

Please please keep it up Trey so I can sell you! I may or may not be posting every good Trey news to my league chat. It’s very subtle.
Just wait until you see a RB still shot mid stride with his leg planted, exposing his quads in full flexion.
Keep going...

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:23 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:58 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:08 am
KittleGoat wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:08 am Anyone see that 3 second clip of the beautiful throw Lance threw with Mahomes and the KC receivers? Never saw him throw a spiral like that before!!

Please please keep it up Trey so I can sell you! I may or may not be posting every good Trey news to my league chat. It’s very subtle.
Just wait until you see a RB still shot mid stride with his leg planted, exposing his quads in full flexion.
Keep going...
Can we get an AJ Dillon thigh pick up in here!?!
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:40 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:45 am I really want to believe in Lance, but it seems like the Niners don't. And the later is the part that matters. So if you can pull a 1st at any cost I'd take that and run. Let it be someone else throwing pennies in the wishing well for him.
Is Lance actually good? None of us know that answer, but you'd HOPE the 9ers do after two seasons.

Maybe his unavailability has now become a point of contention between him and Shanahan. Even though SF has been a good team for multiple seasons now, Super Bowl windows are short in the NFL...and if the team can't rely on Lance due to health and/or inexperience, then they have no other choice but to find/depend on other options.

At this rate, it has to be best for both parties to trade...however, with Purdy's injury are they really going to go all-in on Darnold until Purdy's back? Ehhhh :doh:

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:38 am

Servo wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:40 am
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:45 am I really want to believe in Lance, but it seems like the Niners don't. And the later is the part that matters. So if you can pull a 1st at any cost I'd take that and run. Let it be someone else throwing pennies in the wishing well for him.
Is Lance actually good? None of us know that answer, but you'd HOPE the 9ers do after two seasons.

Maybe his unavailability has now become a point of contention between him and Shanahan. Even though SF has been a good team for multiple seasons now, Super Bowl windows are short in the NFL...and if the team can't rely on Lance due to health and/or inexperience, then they have no other choice but to find/depend on other options.

At this rate, it has to be best for both parties to trade...however, with Purdy's injury are they really going to go all-in on Darnold until Purdy's back? Ehhhh :doh:
This is a team that happily went with Nick Mullens and won doings so. Its Brock Purdy not Patrick Mahomes. The 49ers are a playoff fringe team with my mom at QB its just not that important to them so yeah Darnold is fine as far as they are concerned.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:47 am

Yarnith wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:38 am

This is a team that happily went with Nick Mullens and won doings so. Its Brock Purdy not Patrick Mahomes. The 49ers are a playoff fringe team with my mom at QB its just not that important to them so yeah Darnold is fine as far as they are concerned.
I don’t know. The scouting report on your mom is that she’s fearless throwing into coverage but that her current arm strength may not be able to support that any longer. She can be dangerous in the RPO but when confined to the pocket that she can struggle with backside pressure. Think they may be more of a WC hopeful with her under center.

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:49 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:47 am

I don’t know. The scouting report on your mom is that she’s fearless throwing into coverage but that her current arm strength may not be able to support that any longer. She can be dangerous in the RPO but when confined to the pocket that she can struggle with backside pressure. Think they may be more of a WC hopeful with her under center.
She still gets it 10 yards deeper than JimmyG and she turned 70 this year.
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,

WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:50 am

Yarnith wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:49 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:47 am
She still gets it 10 yards deeper than JimmyG and she turned 70 this year.
Good point

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:08 am

I got out of my last share yesterday. I'll be rooting for the kid, but won't be reap any rewards if he succeeds. Hope he doesn't get beat out by Darnold or Yarnith's mom

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:47 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:08 am I got out of my last share yesterday. I'll be rooting for the kid, but won't be reap any rewards if he succeeds. Hope he doesn't get beat out by Darnold or Yarnith's mom
What type of returns are you getting for Lance?

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:14 pm

remedy29 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:47 pm
Prison_Mike wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:08 am I got out of my last share yesterday. I'll be rooting for the kid, but won't be reap any rewards if he succeeds. Hope he doesn't get beat out by Darnold or Yarnith's mom
I wanted out, but couldn’t get anything better than a late 1st for Lance alone as of late, which I had no interest in selling for

So I packaged him + Jamo for upgrades

Gave: 1.03 + Lance + Jameson + ‘24 2nd
Got: Kyler + Olave

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:34 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:14 pm
I wanted out, but couldn’t get anything better than a late 1st for Lance alone as of late, which I had no interest in selling for

That's a safe play. I am not a fan of Kyler, but this trade has a lot of ways to go sideways for the other guy. You gave up unproven assets, and got more proven ones, both of which are still very young. I like the trade. Sure, you're giving up 2 QB's, essentially, but neither are proven. Kyler is a solid FF QB, and Olave had a really efficient rookie year and just got a QB upgrade. His rookie season was easily the most impressive out of the the rookie WR's (yes, more impressive than Wilson's, when you look at yards per route run, Olave's season was really, really good)
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:25 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:34 am
Prison_Mike wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:14 pm

That's a safe play. I am not a fan of Kyler, but this trade has a lot of ways to go sideways for the other guy. You gave up unproven assets, and got more proven ones, both of which are still very young. I like the trade. Sure, you're giving up 2 QB's, essentially, but neither are proven. Kyler is a solid FF QB, and Olave had a really efficient rookie year and just got a QB upgrade. His rookie season was easily the most impressive out of the the rookie WR's (yes, more impressive than Wilson's, when you look at yards per route run, Olave's season was really, really good)
Thanks. Yeah, the goal was to take the guesswork out of Lance/Jamo. Especially since it’s a team I think can compete this year, but needed something to push it over that edge (Team 1 in sig). Kyler can sit behind Geno/Jimmy/Baker until he’s healthy and I can insert him into QB2

Worked for the other guy too since I traded with a rebuilding team devoid of assets, so he needs to take some swings

That’s how I’m treating Lance, being selective in where to buy/sell. I’m trying to buy him on locked-in contenders as QB3/4. If I had any rebuilding teams right now, I’d go to the Lance owner sniff around, if I’m middle of the road, I’m probably looking to upgrade if not outright sell
Team 1:
12-team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Herbert, Kyler, Baker, Jimmy G, Mariota, DTR
RB: Taylor, Saquon, Javonte, Conner, C.Evans, TDP
WR: Chase, Aiyuk, Olave, Diggs, Diontae, Hollywood, MT, Shaheed
TE: Engram, Woods, Kraft
'24 picks: 1.08, 3.05

Team 2:
12-Team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Mahomes, Allen, Russ
RB: Breece, JT, Swift, Javonte, Mostert, Zamir
WR: Chase, Aiyuk, Nico, Kupp, Hollywood, Kirk, MT
TE: Pitts, Njoku, Woods
'24 picks: 4.01

Team 3:
12-Team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Hurts, Dak, Stafford, Z.Wilson, DTR
RB: Saquon, Swift, Achane, Kamara, Ford
WR: Jefferson, AJB, ARSB, Nico, Diontae, OBJ
TE: Goedert, Njoku, Fant, Woods
'24 picks: 4.08, 4.12, 5.12

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:46 am

I got 1.08 in a 12tm SF last week for him.

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:26 pm

frerichs5 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:46 am
I had a guy call me a fool when I turned down his Baker Mayfield for my Trey Lance and pick 2.04. Crazy world we live in.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:33 pm

Yarnith wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:26 pm
frerichs5 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:46 am

I had a guy call me a fool when I turned down his Baker Mayfield for my Trey Lance and pick 2.04. Crazy world we live in.
Wouldn't that make him a fool for offering it? Have to love those types of FF players.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick