Let’s talk... David Montgomery

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Let’s talk... David Montgomery

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:41 am

CGW wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:20 am
Jigga94 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:11 am It will be interesting to see how Swift and Monty's value moves. I'd expect Swift to keep falling, but maybe people think this will be a RBBC and drop Monty's value too? If he's cheap, I am definitely looking to buy. Monty should slot into the Williams+ role.
I agree. It's basically a neutral move for both. Swift going to maintain his maddening role (hopefully see some more passing game work) and Monty slides in William's role. For Monty owners, I think it's a pretty solid outcome. Really dont see him losing much value. Both of these guys had already seen major value drops.

So Khalil Herbert for the bears now? Or are they going to be the team that drafts RB high despite all their other needs?
Monty is a better pass catcher than Williams, and is a good pass protector. He may take on a larger role in the passing game.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:30 pm

This doesn't seem neutral to me, it seems unambiguously positive for Monty.

Better offense in general
Better offensive line
Better passing game
No QB threatening the all-time QB rushing record

I don't expect his value to skyrocket, but I do expect him to outperform that value and to outperform last season.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:19 am

Boost for Monty
" quote from Lions offensive coordinator Ben Johnson on the run game continues to stick with me—via The Athletic:

“I feel like we can take a big jump,” Johnson told Fox 2 Detroit’s Dan Miller recently. “When you watch all of our plays from last year, it’s (about) doing it time and time again. … These 4- and 5-yard runs, they really should be 8, 9 or even more if we can break a tackle.”
This ^^^

Been saying it since last year in multiple threads (mostly Swift related ones) that Jamaal was not some revelation but more the coaching staff refusal to use Swift. Mind boggling to hear the OC admit what I was I seeing wasn't just my bias. Yet STILL didn't utilize Swift :wall: :doh:

Monty may not have the same opportunities that Jamaal did as it was an anomaly to have so many plays where guys got stopped inside the 3 then JW got the luv from the coaching staff. Seventeen TDs is not likely but 10 is almost a lock unless Monty gets hurt or the football gods karma has those plays where St.Brown , Swift , etc... turn those same plays into majority of TDs .

OR the clock strikes Twelve and the smooth ride that Goff had turns back into a pumpkin 🎃 That's not talked about much but Goff seemed to have turned a corner & elevated the Lions offense (along w/ great play calling by Johnson) But this is the NFL and teams will adapt to tendencies and force the Lions to do something different after an off-season of film study.... if they can !

I think the Lions will continue to thrive on offense so I'm all in on Monty

LAKEVIEW SHARKS
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby LAKEVIEW SHARKS » Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:33 pm

I traded for Montgomery about two weeks ago and don't regret it. I consider him an upgrade over JW.
NFFL 3.0
16 TEAM

QUARTERBACK Hurts PHI (QB)
RUNNING BACK Cook BUF, Henry TEN, Edwards-Helaire KC, Montgomery DET, Mattison MIN
WIDE RECEIVER Gage TB, Smith PHI, Lazard NYJ, Chark Jr. CAR, Valdes-Scantling KC
DEFENSIVE END Hargrave SF
DEFENSIVE TACKLE Donald LA
LINEBACKER Brooks SEA, Smith BAL, Allen JAC
CORNERBACK Davis III TB
SAFETYLove SEA

NFFL 4.0
16 TEAM

QUARTERBACK Stroud HOU, Wilson DEN
RUNNING BACK Pacheco KC, Bigsby JAC, Jones GB, Dillon GB, Ford CLE, Sanders CAR
WIDE RECEIVER Dell HOU, Locket SEA, London ATL, McLaurin WAS, Godwin TB
TIGHT END Gesicki NE, Ruckert NYJ
DEFENSIVE END Smith CLE
DEFENSIVE TACKLE Robinson NYG, Ojomo PHI
LINEBACKER Oluokun JAC, Burns CAR, Harris HOU
CORNERBACK Jackson CAR
SAFETY Whitehead NYJ, Elliott MIA

natjjohn
Role Player
Role Player

Postby natjjohn » Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:14 pm

LAKEVIEW SHARKS wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:33 pm I traded for Montgomery about two weeks ago and don't regret it. I consider him an upgrade over JW.

During the season. I traded my 3rd, 4th, and 5th round pick for Montgomery. He was solid to end the year. Hoping that he’s at least solid and don’t completely regret doing that move. Before the Lions signing, was thinking was a huge mistake. Now don’t think was a huge mistake just maybe a little mistake

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:17 pm

I rarely started him last year(still had Kamara at the time), initially planned to try to move him this off season. may still be a good idea but should get a better return.
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:03 pm

natjjohn wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:14 pm
LAKEVIEW SHARKS wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:33 pm I traded for Montgomery about two weeks ago and don't regret it. I consider him an upgrade over JW.

During the season. I traded my 3rd, 4th, and 5th round pick for Montgomery. He was solid to end the year. Hoping that he’s at least solid and don’t completely regret doing that move. Before the Lions signing, was thinking was a huge mistake. Now don’t think was a huge mistake just maybe a little mistake
are you taking the piss and i'm not getting it?
if so, fair enough, well played.
if not, what the funk are you on about? a 3rd/4th/5th for a solid RB2 "a little mistake"? wtf?

LAKEVIEW SHARKS
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby LAKEVIEW SHARKS » Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:15 pm

natjjohn wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:14 pm

That's no mistake chief. You made out really well. I traded Singletary and Mike Evans for Montgomery and Micah Hyde. Maybe I gave up a little too much, but I'm really not a fan of Evans anymore with Brady gone. Plus he's getting long in the tooth.
NFFL 3.0
16 TEAM

QUARTERBACK Hurts PHI (QB)
RUNNING BACK Cook BUF, Henry TEN, Edwards-Helaire KC, Montgomery DET, Mattison MIN
WIDE RECEIVER Gage TB, Smith PHI, Lazard NYJ, Chark Jr. CAR, Valdes-Scantling KC
DEFENSIVE END Hargrave SF
DEFENSIVE TACKLE Donald LA
LINEBACKER Brooks SEA, Smith BAL, Allen JAC
CORNERBACK Davis III TB
SAFETYLove SEA

NFFL 4.0
16 TEAM

QUARTERBACK Stroud HOU, Wilson DEN
RUNNING BACK Pacheco KC, Bigsby JAC, Jones GB, Dillon GB, Ford CLE, Sanders CAR
WIDE RECEIVER Dell HOU, Locket SEA, London ATL, McLaurin WAS, Godwin TB
TIGHT END Gesicki NE, Ruckert NYJ
DEFENSIVE END Smith CLE
DEFENSIVE TACKLE Robinson NYG, Ojomo PHI
LINEBACKER Oluokun JAC, Burns CAR, Harris HOU
CORNERBACK Jackson CAR
SAFETY Whitehead NYJ, Elliott MIA

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:45 am

Monty is boring, uninspired and well documented on not making big plays. He is also amazingly reliable and well rounded and was paid as such by the Lions. I hate his ceiling but love his floor every year.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu