Zaire Franklin

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Zaire Franklin

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:08 am

Is he a long term asset or was his production just a result of Leonard being injured?

stick3925
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Zaire Franklin

Postby stick3925 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:42 am

There is a decent chance Franklin will will have a role in Indy 2023 since Okereke is a free agent. If Indianapolis re-signs Okereke, or uses other assets on an off-ball LB then his value obviously takes a hit, but I think he's a decent hold for now. We will also have to wait and see if he is a scheme fit for the new coaching staff.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:46 am

career special teamer that was thrown in the mix and held his own. still not great in coverage, but has shown some signs of improvement.
i like okereke a lot, but the colts may need to allocate resources somewhere else and let him go.
in that case, franklin could have another good season, maybe two, alongside leonard. he's also a team captain and has earned his snaps.
however, i would bet against him being a LB1 again in his career, so given all that, i'd sell for almost anything (like with most IDPs...).

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:08 pm

There is a chance that Franklin is a long term asset, but much like Foyesade Oluokun, Franklin comes with no NFL draft capital, so he is not a "blue blood".

He will certainly have IDP value as long as he stays productive, but his value will never shoot up into the Roquan Smith, Micah Parsons, range where 1st round NFL Draft capital will inflate their value in IDP leagues.