Tony Pollard

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Tony Pollard

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:33 pm

In a few threads of mine we've talked about Zeke and Pollard. Some feel he could be the man there next year, others feel he is a RB1B and will never be anything more. He was the overall RB7 in my leagues last year. So, this just posted here on DLF. Thought I'd share it.

Tony Pollard could receive tag
Tony Pollard - RB, DAL
Tony Pollard is expected to receive the franchise tag

Dynasty Analysis
Application of the franchise tag is seemingly a near certainty unless the team plans on adding a high profile name such as Bijan Robinson during the draft. Pollard has been on an upswing over his past two seasons, eclipsing the 1,000-yard threshold for the first time in his career in 2022 while adding 371 yards as a receiver as well, scoring a total of 12 touchdowns. 2023 will be Pollard's age-26 season and the torch has been passed from Ezekiel Elliott. He's listed as DLF's RB15 and will enter the discussion as a potential RB1 candidate in 2023.

SO, what are your thoughts on Pollard?
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Tony Pollard

Postby Ice » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:49 pm

Pollard is one of the best backs in the NFL. He fits their scheme beautifully. Around week 7 Dallas finally realized he was the real deal. Since then thru week 16 he ranked 3rd in the league in ppr leagues at 20.978 points per game. Zeke missed a couple of games and Dallas never looked back as Pollard entrenched himself as the RB in Dallas.

Dallas isn't letting him get away. He is a near lock RB1 going into next season in fantasy.

The fact they will probably franchise him is a good indicator they are not worried about his injury

Dallas could surprise us and take a RB in round 1 but that is unlikely IMO. I they go offense it will probably be WR where they are picking.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Postby dondickenson » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:12 pm

Pollard is electric on the field. As a Niners fan he and Parsons are the two players that our coaches constantly talk about and heap praise on in lead up to Cowboys games. Dallas is as good a spot for him for fantasy as he needs to be a solid RB1 for the immediate future. Would love to see him and Zeke be that whole backfield again and see Pollard try to build on his 1400y 12 TD breakout season.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:40 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:49 pm Pollard is one of the best backs in the NFL. He fits their scheme beautifully. Around week 7 Dallas finally realized he was the real deal. Since then thru week 16 he ranked 3rd in the league in ppr leagues at 20.978 points per game. Zeke missed a couple of games and Dallas never looked back as Pollard entrenched himself as the RB in Dallas.

Dallas isn't letting him get away. He is a near lock RB1 going into next season in fantasy.

The fact they will probably franchise him is a good indicator they are not worried about his injury

Dallas could surprise us and take a RB in round 1 but that is unlikely IMO. I they go offense it will probably be WR where they are picking.
Thanks for this. It's how I feel, great to hear you championing him.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:41 pm

dondickenson wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:12 pm Pollard is electric on the field. As a Niners fan he and Parsons are the two players that our coaches constantly talk about and heap praise on in lead up to Cowboys games. Dallas is as good a spot for him for fantasy as he needs to be a solid RB1 for the immediate future. Would love to see him and Zeke be that whole backfield again and see Pollard try to build on his 1400y 12 TD breakout season.
I hear Zeke may take a pay cut to stay. I'm fine rolling out Zeke as my RB3. Henry, Pollard, Zeke did pretty well for me last year.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:05 pm

If you’re on him now, you are a full year late, imo. Nabbed him everywhere I could last offseason. Yeah, I’ve got as much misses as the next guy but that was an undeniable hit.

Buying him right now? I’m unsure it’s good value. It’s possible that was his best year. Things like Zeke being gone or declining, pollard getting keyed or overworked, etc.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:16 pm

honcho55 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:05 pm If you’re on him now, you are a full year late, imo. Nabbed him everywhere I could last offseason. Yeah, I’ve got as much misses as the next guy but that was an undeniable hit.

Buying him right now? I’m unsure it’s good value. It’s possible that was his best year. Things like Zeke being gone or declining, pollard getting keyed or overworked, etc.
I have owned him for a couple of years now and not looking to move him. That said, with his injury and uncertainty there may be small window to buy at fair market value as there are some that are completely risk averse.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:28 pm

I hate buying RBs once they are off their rookie deals. Add in the broken leg and him possibly splitting time with Zeke (or someone else) and I just don't see any upside with what he would cost right now. You're basically buying him for what he did last year.

I feel like he is probably already rostered by the guy in your league that believes in him the most (or the Zeke owner). If you own him he is a definite hold for me, but I think the price his current owners value him at vs what someone will actually pay are vastly different.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:39 pm

Not someone I'm interested in buying, though he's a solid player. Decent chance people already missed out on peak value and he's rehabbing a broken leg. I think he'll bounce back to 100%, but I just don't see any long-term value there, especially if Dallas is only committing to him for 1 year on the FT.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:58 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:16 pm
honcho55 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:05 pm If you’re on him now, you are a full year late, imo. Nabbed him everywhere I could last offseason. Yeah, I’ve got as much misses as the next guy but that was an undeniable hit.

I have owned him for a couple of years now and not looking to move him. That said, with his injury and uncertainty there may be small window to buy at fair market value as there are some that are completely risk averse.
Same. Have one share, have owned him for a few years.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:56 pm

Feels like a sell high. I think he’ll have a solid season, but coming off injury and then already at a point his value will be in decline due to age. Selling now feels like the peak value. Yes you may miss some solid RB output, but I don’t see how his stock goes any higher given his age.

Tvols
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Tvols » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:13 pm

What would expect to get for and give for Tony ?
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Postby dondickenson » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:23 pm

Tvols wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:13 pm What would expect to get for and give for Tony ?
Mid 23 or random 24 1st seems fair.

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:05 am

For a contender the next two years I would hold the guy. Sell high if you have a suspect squad going into next season. The fibula fx shouldn't impact him next season.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:14 am

esloan35 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:05 am For a contender the next two years I would hold the guy. Sell high if you have a suspect squad going into next season. The fibula fx shouldn't impact him next season.
Came in 4th last year, 2nd the year before. Starting

QB Allen
RB Henry, Pollard, Zeke
WR Lamb, Diggs, Zay/Olave
TE Tonyan/Thomas
DEF
K
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2: