Championship Game Bad Beat Question

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Championship Game Bad Beat Question

Postby _yeti » Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:51 am

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:46 pm
_yeti wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:11 pm Down 13. PPR. 6 pt passing TDs.

I have Josh Allen and am down 13 points
He has Mixon and Gabe Davis

No one wanted co-champs. No one wanted no contest. 4 or 5 owners wanted score to go final. I wanted to re-run the 3 players in week 18 or week 1 of playoffs. 1 or 2 owners agree with me.

Problem is I am the commish also. Other owner not willing to discuss any options only wants game finalized and him marked winner and anything else I do I am doing because I have "the power" to do so (under best interests of the league and not covered in bylaws).

I marked it final but mad about it. Would not have marked it final if another owner was in game and did not agree to mark it final.
I think you're right to be mad, and I wouldn't blame you for no longer even wanting to share a league with players like that tbh.

I know some folks on here see it differently, but I just don't understand how anyone that was slightly ahead in the finals, with players still to go (so no blowouts), could possibly see this situation as anything else than a 'once in a lifetime' scenario that warrants some good will towards their league mates and especially their commish, and a willingness to help finish this final in a fair and probably unusual matter.

In all seriousness, after what happened on that field, how could you even enjoy or feel pride over a victory under those circumstances? Congrats, you won the championship game by a bunch of star players (people) being so traumatized by their friend and co-worker dying and being revived on field that nobody in their right mind could ask them to continue playing a game. :thumbdown:

I was down 55 in one of my 3 finals, in a very enjoyable money league against someone I don't know and have rarely interacted with in all the years in the league. I had Allen, Chase and Davis left. Before the commish even had to say anything we decided to split the pot and be ok with whatever solution he was going to come up with to determine the champion (which ended up being counting their scores in week 18) . I honestly think our league is stronger for it. Everyone just kind of wanted to not cause a fuss and find the best solution for all involved. It was that way in all of my leagues honestly, from my only free one to $250 buy in, and I really appreciated it in every single one.
Thanks man. As family members who don't play the game but recognize it's important to us said, a lot of people were just comfortable taking the *easy* route and calling it final. It was unprecedented and we should have searched for a resolution that both championship teams were okay with. Even if it went against me, an honest discussion of other outcomes would have went so far
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

PBFalcon
Starter
Starter

Postby PBFalcon » Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:59 am

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:02 pm
_yeti wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:11 pm Down 13. PPR. 6 pt passing TDs.

I have Josh Allen and am down 13 points
He has Mixon and Gabe Davis

No one wanted co-champs. No one wanted no contest. 4 or 5 owners wanted score to go final. I wanted to re-run the 3 players in week 18 or week 1 of playoffs. 1 or 2 owners agree with me.

Problem is I am the commish also. Other owner not willing to discuss any options only wants game finalized and him marked winner and anything else I do I am doing because I have "the power" to do so (under best interests of the league and not covered in bylaws).

I marked it final but mad about it. Would not have marked it final if another owner was in game and did not agree to mark it final.
F*** that guy. I get what you did but next time treat yourself as well as anyone else in the league and toss the b**** out if he throws a fit. Your league will be better for it.
Eff all of them man. Very similar situation for me. I commish a league of a bunch of "friends" and they all wanted to just mark me a loss. I felt extremely strongly that those players in that game should have some way to score points, week 18 or otherwise. My opponent would only agree to give me a loss as well. I attempted to compromise with him for a week and he finally agreed to be co champs. Eff co champs, but I accepted it. The league could have basically ended if I enforced anyother solution. The league was upset that I didn't let them vote on our decision to be co champs. It's tough being dynasty commish with people you see all the time. Not only do you have to factor in what's right, but sometimes you have to factor in being a good example of a human being. Sucks though.
10 team dynasty began 2016
Standard scoring (no PPR, all TDs 6pts)
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 Def

2018 2nd
2019 2nd
2020 CHAMP
2021 2nd
2022 *co-champ...yuck

QB: P Mahomes
RB: J Taylor, T Etienne, D Swift, B Robinson Jr, J Mixon, J Gibbs, Z Charbonnet, R Johnson, J Wilson
WR: J Jefferson, J Chase, J Waddle, DK Metcalf, J Addison, T Dell, J Downs, M Williams, K Toney, , C Claypool
TE: K Pitts, G Kittle
K: Stream
Def: SF

2024 picks: 1 (early/mid), 1 ,2 3 (early/mid), 3, 4, 5, 6

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:49 pm

PBFalcon wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:59 am Eff all of them man. Very similar situation for me. I commish a league of a bunch of "friends" and they all wanted to just mark me a loss. I felt extremely strongly that those players in that game should have some way to score points, week 18 or otherwise. My opponent would only agree to give me a loss as well. I attempted to compromise with him for a week and he finally agreed to be co champs. Eff co champs, but I accepted it. The league could have basically ended if I enforced anyother solution. The league was upset that I didn't let them vote on our decision to be co champs. It's tough being dynasty commish with people you see all the time. Not only do you have to factor in what's right, but sometimes you have to factor in being a good example of a human being. Sucks though.
Thank you! Yes, this is exactly my feeling. This league is a friend league. I am in leagues from this forum and a safeleague as well. Those have less camaraderie. I understand why it might get finalized in those type of leagues but this is a group of friends. We're supposed to be having fun. I went all, all, all the way in in this league. I sold off my whole future. I got 2nd place last year. They just write off years of work for the ease to do so? I traded a bunch of youth for Dalvin and TJ Watt midseason.

Also, mind you that dynasty pot in this league is first to 3 championships. This would be 2 for me. Would be the first for the other team. Convenient self-interest appears where many are comfortable ending the game on me.

That league will never be the same again for me. They ruined it. I don't even want to commish it anymore.
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:02 pm

_yeti wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:49 pm
PBFalcon wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:59 am Eff all of them man. Very similar situation for me. I commish a league of a bunch of "friends" and they all wanted to just mark me a loss. I felt extremely strongly that those players in that game should have some way to score points, week 18 or otherwise. My opponent would only agree to give me a loss as well. I attempted to compromise with him for a week and he finally agreed to be co champs. Eff co champs, but I accepted it. The league could have basically ended if I enforced anyother solution. The league was upset that I didn't let them vote on our decision to be co champs. It's tough being dynasty commish with people you see all the time. Not only do you have to factor in what's right, but sometimes you have to factor in being a good example of a human being. Sucks though.
Thank you! Yes, this is exactly my feeling. This league is a friend league. I am in leagues from this forum and a safeleague as well. Those have less camaraderie. I understand why it might get finalized in those type of leagues but this is a group of friends. We're supposed to be having fun. I went all, all, all the way in in this league. I sold off my whole future. I got 2nd place last year. They just write off years of work for the ease to do so? I traded a bunch of youth for Dalvin and TJ Watt midseason.

Also, mind you that dynasty pot in this league is first to 3 championships. This would be 2 for me. Would be the first for the other team. Convenient self-interest appears where many are comfortable ending the game on me.

That league will never be the same again for me. They ruined it. I don't even want to commish it anymore.
That sucks. What sucks is that if you had ruled fairly in your own favor they might have been pissed but you wouldn’t have resented everyone. And then they would have just grumbled but got over it. This is worse because it’s going to leave a bitter taste in your mouth for a long time.

The CPatt saga never ends, lol. That’s so great that you used him to win. I finally gave up on him after waiving him and dropping him multiple times over the years and I never had the chance to actually play him since he began producing. Oh, the irony.

It’s been great fun and I learned a ton from that conversation that has been beneficial to me through the years.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5