Would you look to trade for any rookie picks?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Would you look to trade for any rookie picks?

Postby frerichs5 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:31 am

Team in sig. I finished 3rd in points, but had most points against this season. I got bounced the first round of the playoffs as the 2nd highest score that week (played the high score again). Lost by two points. I was 2nd high score again in round 2 of playoffs, so would have made the final had I won round 1.

Anyway, I have no 2023 picks as I traded to shore up my QBs last offseason. I really like this team, so kind of feel I just stand pat here. Kamara is the obvious one to move if a deal came, but not sure I’d get anything worth it to move him. Just making sure I don’t have some ownership bias on this team and see what others think.

Would you look to get back in the draft or just go to next year with this team?

Appreciate everyone’s opinion!
12 Team PPR, SF, TEP (2 PPR)
QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, SF, 2 Flex

QB - Burrow, Prescott, Cousins
RB - Jacobs, Etienne, Kamara, Hubbard, Ford, Gibson, Dobbins, CEH, Hunt
WR - Chase, Lamb, Metcalf, Diontae, Ridley, Bateman, Thielen, Iosivas, Charlie Jones, Derius Davis, Rakim Jarrett
TE - Kincaid, Goedert, Fant, Jelani Woods

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Would you look to trade for any rookie picks?

Postby Gator Sens » Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:46 am

You gave solid pieces in place but depending on what your pick options would be, I would float Kamara, D. Johnson and Gibson on the market. It seems unlikely but if you can land a mid-ish 1st for a combo of any of them, I would make the deal.

With class hype, it's going to be tough to get back in with any fair price.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:54 am

I wouldn't overpay to get back in. And GS is right, it's likely going to cost a lot.

You don't have any players on that team that are all that polarizing on value. Probably comes down to how you view your guys. Ex: I like Dobbins but I can see owners not. If you are low on him, he could be a player that might pull more than you think he's worth. His ADP data is all over the map - in December he went as high as 43 but as low as 95. If you are more on the 95 side, he's worth shopping. But maybe you like him and he's a hold (as he would be for me).

Shopping Kamara is fine but I don't think you're going to get much for him. I suspect his 2023 production value exceeds his trade value for a rookie pick on anything but a total rebuild.

Hahaclintondix
Starter
Starter

Postby Hahaclintondix » Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:19 pm

Agree with both of the above. It’s going to be pricey to move into the first round, but today is the lowest price those picks will cost. Every day they’ll go up.

If you can get into the mid first for some Dobbins or Kamara combo I’d do it. Maybe a package Bateman/Hunt/Jeudy and test the waters.