Thoughts on the 1.05

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Thoughts on the 1.05

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:41 pm

12-man, 1 ppr league, Superflex. We start qb-rb-rb-wr-wr-wr-te-superflex-flex-k-d.

With THIS TEAM (current starters in BOLD) who would you take at 1.05?
I was thinking best QB (probably Levis) but should I consider Addison/Johnston/JSN? Or Gibbs? IDK.
I only have the 1.05 and 4.05. Do I NEED to take a QB here?

WINDY CITY - RICHARD
PLAYER YTD PTS BYE TRADE?

Howell, Sam WAS QB (R) ‐ 14
Mahomes, Patrick KCC QB 353.14 8
Mayfield, Baker LAR QB 94.46 7
Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB 198.12 14
Rush, Cooper DAL QB 56.64 9

Kamara, Alvin NOS RB 171.70 14
Mostert, Raheem MIA RB 132.20 11

Robinson, Brian WAS RB (R) 98.20 14
Singletary, Devin BUF RB 155.20 7
Warren, Jaylen PIT RB (R) 69.20 9

Anderson, Robbie ARI WR 49.90 13
Atwell, Tutu LAR WR 45.00 7
Chase, Ja'Marr CIN WR 205.90 10
Gage, Russell TBB WR 95.30 11
Jones, Marvin JAC WR 95.40 11
McKenzie, Isaiah BUF WR 115.30 7
Moore, Elijah NYJ WR 78.70 10
Reynolds, Josh DET WR 94.70 6
Smith, DeVonta PHI WR 189.10 7

Hill, Taysom NOS TE 117.14 14
Hooper, Austin TEN TE 84.00 6
Hurst, Hayden CIN TE (Q) 100.00 10
Kmet, Cole CHI TE 113.20 14

Elliott, Jake PHI PK 88.10 7

Eagles, Philadelphia PHI Def 150.00 7
25 TOTAL PLAYERS

INJURED RESERVE
Boone, Mike DEN RB (I) 28.80 9
Hardman, Mecole KCC WR (I) 93.80 8
Patrick, Tim DEN WR (I) ‐ 9
Ertz, Zach ARI TE (I) 115.60 13
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

zaner75
Captain
Captain

Re: Thoughts on the 1.05

Postby zaner75 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:15 pm

You should never feel like you need to take a specific position, and there's so much time, hopefully, before you have to make a decision.
If you think your best option to improve your team is to get a younger/better QB2, I'd explore the trade market before taking a rookie. Any of the top 12 are likely to needed more than the 1.05, but it's worth exploring to see if any would only require another small piece. If you like Kyler, you could try to see if there's an injury discount where the 1.05 straight-up gets a deal done.
Given the state of QB going into the offseason, you could try for Lance +. You should definitely be able to get a plus added for anyone in the QB14-21 range (your specific rankings and interest may vary - Goff, Cousins, Geno, Russ, D Jones, Carr, M Jones, Pickett). I think I like this path to turn the 1.05 into multiple pieces to address your roster, which could use upgrades at every position, imo.
I also have the 1.05 in a 14 team SF with the same starting requirements as your league. My QB room is Herbert, Lamar, Geno, Z Wilson, Wentz, Love so I am definitely looking at BPA (the names you mentioned) and/or the trade market (for RB/WR). If BPA is a QB, I'm not afraid to pick him even with my QB room if I can't find a good trade.
If Levis and Richardson get good draft capital, I think that could increase the leverage at that pick, especially if 1.02-1.04 go QB and there's only one top rookie QB left. If there are only 2 first round QBs, then we're definitely looking at a position player or trade.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:44 pm

zaner75 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:15 pm You should never feel like you need to take a specific position, and there's so much time, hopefully, before you have to make a decision.
If you think your best option to improve your team is to get a younger/better QB2, I'd explore the trade market before taking a rookie. Any of the top 12 are likely to needed more than the 1.05, but it's worth exploring to see if any would only require another small piece. If you like Kyler, you could try to see if there's an injury discount where the 1.05 straight-up gets a deal done.

Given the state of QB going into the offseason, you could try for Lance +. You should definitely be able to get a plus added for anyone in the QB14-21 range (your specific rankings and interest may vary - Goff, Cousins, Geno, Russ, D Jones, Carr, M Jones, Pickett). I think I like this path to turn the 1.05 into multiple pieces to address your roster, which could use upgrades at every position, IMO.

I also have the 1.05 in a 14 team SF with the same starting requirements as your league. My QB room is Herbert, Lamar, Geno, Z Wilson, Wentz, Love so I am definitely looking at BPA (the names you mentioned) and/or the trade market (for RB/WR). If BPA is a QB, I'm not afraid to pick him even with my QB room if I can't find a good trade.

If Levis and Richardson get good draft capital, I think that could increase the leverage at that pick, especially if 1.02-1.04 go QB and there's only one top rookie QB left. If there are only 2 first round QBs, then we're definitely looking at a position player or trade.
Thanks for jumping in here. I appreciate the thoughts. I have to assume Bijan goes in the top four. And then probably Stroud and Young. Tha that means either Gibbs at 1.04 or a top WR.

Who would you take OVER a QB (Levis or Richardson) at 1.05:

Gibbs
Addison
JSN
Johnston

I inherited this team two years ago, but my WR room is much improved. I feel like Gibbs may be the way to go here though getting an elite WR (like I did with Chase recently at 1.05 and DSmith at 1.10, and even EMoore at 2.05) here might work, too.

I'm just not sure who is the home run pick here. I knew I wanted Chase and traded up to get him. Not sure who the best WR is in this draft.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:45 pm

If Mayfield can STICK in LAR, then I might not be desperate yet.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

zaner75
Captain
Captain

Postby zaner75 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:22 pm

As it stands right now, I would take any of those 4 above Richardson and Levis, as draft capital will be a major influencer for me. If Richardson and/or Levis drop in the draft like Willis, Ridder, Corral last year, it makes the decision at 1.05 easier as they are off the board.
Of Levis and Richardson, I am more intrigued by Richardson due to his athletic upside. If he gets top 15 draft capital, I would seriously consider him. Levis would need top 5-10 draft capital.
I don't see any of the WR as a Chase level elite prospect that is head and shoulders above the other prospects, with the position or across positions. Right now, I'm leaning JSN as the top WR. Need to see his medicals check out though.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:38 pm

zaner75 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:22 pm As it stands right now, I would take any of those 4 above Richardson and Levis, as draft capital will be a major influencer for me. If Richardson and/or Levis drop in the draft like Willis, Ridder, Corral last year, it makes the decision at 1.05 easier as they are off the board.
Of Levis and Richardson, I am more intrigued by Richardson due to his athletic upside. If he gets top 15 draft capital, I would seriously consider him. Levis would need top 5-10 draft capital.
I don't see any of the WR as a Chase level elite prospect that is head and shoulders above the other prospects, with the position or across positions. Right now, I'm leaning JSN as the top WR. Need to see his medicals check out though.
Cool. Thanks. Previous to this year I was very much in on JSN, so I'll have to keep an eye on him, too.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:21 am

I am not sure that you have one single glaring need here.
Yes, you could use QB help, RB help, WR help, so I think that you are in a position to just grab BPA.

I have pick 1.01, 1.05, and a late 1st TBD.
I think my team is a little better set at QB with TLaw, Watson, Zach Wilson, Pickett, and Jordan Love, and I am weaker at RB than WR.

That said, I am really hoping to have my choice of the WR1 at 1.05.
I will be very disappointed if Bijan, Gibbs, Young, and JSN are already off the board at 1.05.
I am not a Stroud truther, and as of now, I think the 1.05 is a bit early for Levis or Richardson.

I would suggest that you move back a bit and pick up some more draft capital on the way, but I don't think there is anything you can do now, as so much will change in the next 5/6 months.
5/6 months from now, Levis or Richardson could be the locked in 1.05 pick, who knows???

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:35 am

Let's take an extreme hypothetical: You have the top 5 dynasty RBs, the top 8 dynasty WRs, and the top 3 dynasty TEs. And zero QBs. None. You also have pick 1.10 of the draft. Impossibly, the first NINE picks of the rookie draft are all QBs. In that extreme example, would you take a QB? Of course not.

The same logic applies in less extreme examples. When you're on the clock at 1.05, take the best player or trade. If it's a toss-up -- or only slightly ahead to one player -- feel free to go by need. As a default, though, if you are going to pass up the best player or a trade, you'd better have a VERY strong reason to do so. IMO, your team "need" isn't likely one of those strong reasons.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:01 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:21 am I am not sure that you have one single glaring need here.
Yes, you could use QB help, RB help, WR help, so I think that you are in a position to just grab BPA.

I have pick 1.01, 1.05, and a late 1st TBD.
I think my team is a little better set at QB with TLaw, Watson, Zach Wilson, Pickett, and Jordan Love, and I am weaker at RB than WR.

That said, I am really hoping to have my choice of the WR1 at 1.05.
I will be very disappointed if Bijan, Gibbs, Young, and JSN are already off the board at 1.05.
I am not a Stroud truther, and as of now, I think the 1.05 is a bit early for Levis or Richardson.

I would suggest that you move back a bit and pick up some more draft capital on the way, but I don't think there is anything you can do now, as so much will change in the next 5/6 months.
5/6 months from now, Levis or Richardson could be the locked in 1.05 pick, who knows???
Thanks for all of this. I inherited a bad team two years ago, and Chase, DSmith, and EMoore have greatly improved my WR room.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:05 pm

moishetreats wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:35 am Let's take an extreme hypothetical: You have the top 5 dynasty RBs, the top 8 dynasty WRs, and the top 3 dynasty TEs. And zero QBs. None. You also have pick 1.10 of the draft. Impossibly, the first NINE picks of the rookie draft are all QBs. In that extreme example, would you take a QB? Of course not.

The same logic applies in less extreme examples. When you're on the clock at 1.05, take the best player or trade. If it's a toss-up -- or only slightly ahead to one player -- feel free to go by need. As a default, though, if you are going to pass up the best player or a trade, you'd better have a VERY strong reason to do so. IMO, your team "need" isn't likely one of those strong reasons.
Thanks. True. Partly because I only have the 1.05 and the 4.05 (no 2nd/3rd round picks) I felt like I had to take a QB at 1.05. But I've come around on this and hope that JSN or Gibbs falls to me. Hoping it goes Bijan, Stroud, Young, Gibbs, me.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2: