George Pickens, where did we go wrong?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Re: George Pickens, where did we go wrong?

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:20 am

Is Claypool a buy low before Pickett takes over or will he soon be phased out by Pickens? One of those two have to be a buy low. They are both a little(or a lot) depressed right now.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:11 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:37 am I've been seeing All-22 clips floating around, and all I'll say is that you shouldn't sell Pickens, or any of the Steelers offense. Trubisky is leaving a lot of food on the plate. Pickens is open, hell a bunch of players are.

Even someone like Diontae Johnson, who's averaging 11 targets per game, is being propped up purely by volume. 5.1 Y/Target.

I don't know how much Pickett improves it, but he can't be worse than 6th year QB who can't get past his 1st read.
Good thread here on the Matt Canada "Offense" such that it is.

The short version? They're running the same sh-- over and over again, and it would appear they don't have many plays. It all looks the same, and whilst it might work in college - it's not going to fly in the pros once defenses have film on it (like now).

I agree that if you're a Diontae, Muth, or Pickens owner - you're definitely holding, because it can't get much worse. At least Pickett might come in and hit catchers on time and accurately (his strength coming out of college, allegedly).

If you want one of those passers - I would definitely suggest showing their owners as many eyeball-bleeding plays of Mitch throwing the ball as possible. We've entered a great potential buy-low window.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:52 am

Surpised no one has posted about the catch last night:
https://sports.yahoo.com/steelers-rooki ... 20491.html

Just something to keep the hype train going. Tribusky sucks but Pickens may yet be a top talent. Also 7 targets on the night so he's clearly being relied on.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:00 am

That catch was ridiculous
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:26 am

I'll pile on here, ridiculous grab. Really the closest thing we've seen to OBJ's. Doesn't necessarily change his rankings much for me, but still unbelievable.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:11 am

88% route participation, 76% offensive snaps, 7 targets. Seems to be trending the right way, and the catch is just another flash of the type of talent he is.

The offense looks bad though. Diontae Johnson has been the only trustworthy part as the primary read on most plays. Everyone else is underachieving (and you can argue Diontae is underachieving too).

I'm not sure I buy that Tomlin is going to keep Pickett on the sidelines all season. Granted, there are other reasons outside of the QB that the offense is bad, but Pickett can't be much worse than Trubisky (5.5 Y/A, 2 touchdowns in 3 games).

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:40 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:11 am 88% route participation, 76% offensive snaps, 7 targets. Seems to be trending the right way, and the catch is just another flash of the type of talent he is.

The offense looks bad though. Diontae Johnson has been the only trustworthy part as the primary read on most plays. Everyone else is underachieving (and you can argue Diontae is underachieving too).

I'm not sure I buy that Tomlin is going to keep Pickett on the sidelines all season. Granted, there are other reasons outside of the QB that the offense is bad, but Pickett can't be much worse than Trubisky (5.5 Y/A, 2 touchdowns in 3 games).
Yeah. I think Pickens will get targeted by Pickett more, as they worked together quite a bit in camp. Pickens was going to be a year 2 guy for me, I am just glad he's showing me the talent I thought he had. Not reliable in lineups right now, but that will come down the line.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:43 am

I'm not high on Pickett, but he can't be worse than Trubisky. He looks so scared out there

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:56 am

Looks like they're starting to take the leash off Pickens. 6/102 yesterday.

Target Share:

Week 1: 8.1%
Week 2: 9.1%
Week 3: 21.9%
Week 4: 32.0%

Also ran him on less go routes this week. Looks like him and Pickett have promising upside together initially.

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:25 am

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:20 am Is Claypool a buy low before Pickett takes over or will he soon be phased out by Pickens? One of those two have to be a buy low. They are both a little(or a lot) depressed right now.
Claypool just isn't very good

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:00 am

spider321 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:13 pm
gogobradyarm wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:49 pm I had offered a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for Pickens in the offseason. I'm thrilled the owner declined. I don't see Pickens path to relevance until at best, 2023.
Week 1 victory laps are always so adorable. :thumbup:
Hey where’d you go! Hiding under a rock somewhere?
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Barkley, Pacheco, Jacobs, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Zach Evans
WR: AJB, Olave, Aiyuk, London, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Dotson, Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Mayer

2024: 1.02, 1.11, 3.01
2025: 2x 1st, 2nd
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

spider321
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby spider321 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:05 am

gogobradyarm wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:00 am
gogobradyarm wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:49 pm I had offered a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for Pickens in the offseason. I'm thrilled the owner declined. I don't see Pickens path to relevance until at best, 2023.
Wait. Did you really just come back for more right after Pickens had over 100 yards receiving, and may have shown he is the favorite target of the team's new starting QB?! SERIOUSLY?!?! You sure showed me! :clap:
Last edited by spider321 on Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
12 Team Standard Dynasty - QB, RB, 2WR, 2Flex, K, 3IDP (WR and TE are the same)

QB - Patrick Mahomes, Trevor Lawrence
RB - Bijan Robinson, Christian McCaffrey, Saquon Barkley, Tony Pollard. Najee Harris, Javonte Williams, Rachaad White, D'Andre Swift
WR - Justin Jefferson, Ja'Marr Chase, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Jerry Jeudy, Kyle Pitts, George Pickens, Jameson Williams, Kadarius Toney
K - Daniel Carlson
IDP - Nick Bolton, Devin White, Derwin James

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:09 am

spider321 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:05 am

Wait. Did you REALLY just come back for more right after Pickens had over 100 yards receiving, and may well be the number 1 target for their new starting QB?! Seriously?!?! :lol:
:lol: What's going on??!! :lol: :lol: This is too funny.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

spider321
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby spider321 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:13 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:09 am
spider321 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:05 am

Wait. Did you REALLY just come back for more right after Pickens had over 100 yards receiving, and may well be the number 1 target for their new starting QB?! Seriously?!?! :lol:
:lol: What's going on??!! :lol: :lol: This is too funny.
I honestly don't even know what's happening here. This guy may offer his trophy wife and twin swimsuit model daughters to me just to show me who's boss. :wtf:
12 Team Standard Dynasty - QB, RB, 2WR, 2Flex, K, 3IDP (WR and TE are the same)

QB - Patrick Mahomes, Trevor Lawrence
RB - Bijan Robinson, Christian McCaffrey, Saquon Barkley, Tony Pollard. Najee Harris, Javonte Williams, Rachaad White, D'Andre Swift
WR - Justin Jefferson, Ja'Marr Chase, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Jerry Jeudy, Kyle Pitts, George Pickens, Jameson Williams, Kadarius Toney
K - Daniel Carlson
IDP - Nick Bolton, Devin White, Derwin James

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:18 am

Think he forgot what side of the argument he was on