Brian Robinson Jr

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Re: Brian Robinson Jr

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:55 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:51 am
BusinessDecision wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:43 am Who talks about shiny bullets?
My wife says it does the job.
Lolol. We have really taken this thread off track.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:57 am

jman3134 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:40 am
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:14 am
jman3134 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:56 am Seeing mid-to-late October early estimate for BRob. Hope so for his sake and how hard he's been working. Surgery went well.
That prognosis is amazing news. Granted it may take a bit to build his strength back up, but great news.
Not a hard timeline as it isn't from the doctor treating him (we still need to wait for that to see what kind of soft tissue damage is there). But, it is based on similar injury recovery timelines I'm guessing.
Seems like it's pretty wild speculation if it's from "similar injuries." This isn't an ACL tear. Dude got shot in the lower body. Twice. That could mean it knicked his thigh, or it could mean it shattered his femur. Pretty wide range of outcomes. October seems optimistic barring very minimal damage from the gunshots.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:02 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:51 am
SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:16 am I’ve noticed an outbreak of helmet swinging as well. Does anyone else think we need to outlaw helmets?
I noticed this too, but don't think anything will come of it. This latest incident was in a joint practice, not televised, so it's likely the league just lets it slide.

I don't know if anyone said we should outlaw guns. I didn't. I just think it's sad that we have so many people shooting at each other every day. I wish we could be able to tone that down a bit somehow. But the last few years have been pretty hard on everyone, and a lot of people are stressed out, burned out, and anxious. Some are desperate.

Not even trying to be political in my post(s). Just lamenting the human suffering this brings to families of all stripes. I mean, we've always been allowed to legally have guns. But things haven't always been like this. Somehow, something changed along the way. but it's above my pay grade to figure out.

Really hoping that October timeline for Robinson's recovery comes to pass and he can get back to football this year. That would be some great news.
Agree. It feels like it’s all coming unglued. Nothing is above pay grades though. That’s the modern version of old religions. Someone else telling us how to act and what to think. We are going to need to give ourselves some grace, and work on urf self direction and self correction to put the pieces back together again.

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:08 pm

CGW wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:57 am

That prognosis is amazing news. Granted it may take a bit to build his strength back up, but great news.
Not a hard timeline as it isn't from the doctor treating him (we still need to wait for that to see what kind of soft tissue damage is there). But, it is based on similar injury recovery timelines I'm guessing.
Seems like it's pretty wild speculation if it's from "similar injuries." This isn't an ACL tear. Dude got shot in the lower body. Twice. That could mean it knicked his thigh, or it could mean it shattered his femur. Pretty wide range of outcomes. October seems optimistic barring very minimal damage from the gunshots.
Yeah. For sure, and considering he needed surgery, I expect it wasn't just a "knicked thigh". I think it would be late in the year, personally, since they are saying it's "possible" he plays this year, and staff are often overly optimistic, and it might even be the case they are trying to give him a good state of mental health, but it would be great if he does. The best thing is, it doesn't appear to be career threatening, at this time. That was a legit concern, before more info came out. He's very lucky, apparently he struggled with the shooter, if I read the story right. At that point, is such close range, and bullets can go anywhere.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:41 pm

CGW wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:57 am

I think I read it too quickly. What was said was unlikely back before mid-to-late October. Worst case has always been season. Again it will depend on soft tissue damage. October assumes minimal damage.

We know it is not life threatening and that he will likely be back this season. Those are the only information points we have, and that his surgery went well. The speculation was I am assuming based on other gunshot wound outcomes (though there are a wide range of outcomes again based on soft tissue damage). The speculation is based on this Ian Rapoport tweet:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/156 ... 4i4Fd4-blg

Sorry if I'm jumping the gun, but trying to get the most up to date info out there as fast as possible when there has not been word from doctors. Even speculation is worthwhile imo if it comes from credible sources.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:50 pm

Thanks a lot Adam Schefter aka jman. I see the real you now.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:13 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:50 pm Thanks a lot Adam Schefter aka jman. I see the real you now.
:lol: That hurts. :doh: When I'm wrong, I own it. I worded my post poorly. I was moreso excited to hear the surgery went well and the likely to be back this season news.

Actually, looking at it, I did say "early estimate". Whatever, sorry to mislead, as it wasn't clear what I was saying in my post.

https://twitter.com/DrJesseMorse/status ... 4i4Fd4-blg
Last edited by jman3134 on Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:19 pm

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:07 amI guess we are going to make it political after all.(I know you were not trying anteaters. I meant for other comments. Just want to springboard off yours).
You didn’t include a single rationale reason to own a gun or why we have legal firearms.

You left out the part where we still have a semblance of freedom because guns are legal.

And don’t forget to include the part where someone can sh*t on gun owners without realizing they are the citizens that give you a right to free speech even though they may disagree with your views.
Nope. :nono: Not going to go there. I thought I was showing the futility of each side :wall: bickering with the other side. I didn't intend to rile up one side or the other, and I certainly don't intend to get into a debate about guns. Which by the way, Guns should join the holy trinity of things never to be discussed by civilized people in group settings not devoted to those topics.

Back on topic ...
I hope BRob has a full recovery. I doubt he sees a live game before December. If I was in charge, I'd give the lad until spring training camps before putting his "lower extremities" through NFL rigor. Besides, by then, Gibson ought to have a lot of practice returning punts and be great at it.

...or has Rivera backtracked the decision for Gibson to be on the return team?
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:25 pm

jman3134 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:13 pm
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:50 pm Thanks a lot Adam Schefter aka jman. I see the real you now.
:lol: That hurts. :doh: When I'm wrong, I own it. I worded my post poorly. I was moreso excited to hear the surgery went well and the likely to be back this season news.

Actually, looking at it, I did say "early estimate". Whatever, sorry to mislead, as it wasn't clear what I was saying in my post.

https://twitter.com/DrJesseMorse/status ... 4i4Fd4-blg
You're good man. We all want you to be correct with your prognosis. Here's to a speedy recovery both physically and mentally.

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:01 pm

Anteaters wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:19 pm
SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:07 amI guess we are going to make it political after all.(I know you were not trying anteaters. I meant for other comments. Just want to springboard off yours).
You didn’t include a single rationale reason to own a gun or why we have legal firearms.

You left out the part where we still have a semblance of freedom because guns are legal.

And don’t forget to include the part where someone can sh*t on gun owners without realizing they are the citizens that give you a right to free speech even though they may disagree with your views.
Nope. :nono: Not going to go there. I thought I was showing the futility of each side :wall: bickering with the other side. I didn't intend to rile up one side or the other, and I certainly don't intend to get into a debate about guns. Which by the way, Guns should join the holy trinity of things never to be discussed by civilized people in group settings not devoted to those topics.

Back on topic ...
I hope BRob has a full recovery. I doubt he sees a live game before December. If I was in charge, I'd give the lad until spring training camps before putting his "lower extremities" through NFL rigor. Besides, by then, Gibson ought to have a lot of practice returning punts and be great at it.

idk to be fair CMC was a first round pick for Rivera and they had him returning punts and kicks his rookie year and still had 200 touches (80 of which were receptions), there's nothing that says a guy can't be on special teams and still get a ton of work on offense
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:20 pm

StableOfRBs wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:01 pm
Anteaters wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:19 pm

Back on topic ...

idk to be fair CMC was a first round pick for Rivera and they had him returning punts and kicks his rookie year and still had 200 touches (80 of which were receptions), there's nothing that says a guy can't be on special teams and still get a ton of work on offense
That’s worked out well for CMC long term :wall:

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:50 pm

"'No Way To Prevent This,' Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens"

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:40 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:50 pm "'No Way To Prevent This,' Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens"
This ^
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:43 pm

StableOfRBs wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:01 pmidk to be fair CMC was a first round pick for Rivera and they had him returning punts and kicks his rookie year and still had 200 touches (80 of which were receptions), there's nothing that says a guy can't be on special teams and still get a ton of work on offense
As a Carolinian, I know I must have known that at the time, but it was news to me when you said it. Thanks for reminding me. Knowing Rivera has a history of doing this makes the preliminary decision a little less head scratching.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:47 pm

“Many opinions expressed in gun legal country where guns allow opinions to be expressed”

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-