Which 2nd round RB do you want?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Who is your favorite RB that is going in the 2nd round of non-start up dynasty drafts?

Tyler Allgeier, ATL
10%
Tyrion Davis-Price, SF
3%
Dameon Pierce, HOU
20%
Brian Robinson, WAS
5%
Isaiah Spiller, SD
25%
Rachaad White, TB
30%
Zamir White, OAK
7%

Total votes: 100

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Which 2nd round RB do you want?

Postby j4pac » Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:24 pm

There are lots of rookie RBs are are going in the 2nd round range. Which would you take in dynasty if you had the choice of all of them.

I’ll take Hall, Walker, and Cook off the board
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Re: Which 2nd round RB do you want?

Postby Mjvb5 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:48 pm

Rachaad white or dameon pierce for me, leaning white with all the Lenny reports now especially.
White has the best all around profile out of any of these guys imo and the big issue on him is the fact that he's an older rookie in a spot that wasn't giving him short term value while also being a huge ? Long term. But if he can get the job I think he's a lock top 16 option as a rookie which is huge

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:02 pm

I like Dameon Pierce as the 4th best RB in the class. He runs very hard and is a very high energy RB. The Texans need a player like this. He has a legit chance to start early. Pierce may be the diamond in the rough of this draft class.

Runs hard, great balance, and can catch the ball out of the backfield. He actually reminds me a little of Emmitt Smith from yesteryear.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:42 pm

I was wondering how much if any we should weight Isaiah Spiller being a full two years younger than many of the prospects…including James Cook. He’s REALLY young.

I’ve gone back and forth on Spiller. I watched a few of his games and he wasn’t incredibly impressive, but that was also at the time people were considering him for RB1, so I do think that expectations hurt him. If I would have watched knowing he would be a 2nd round dynasty prospect my opinion may have changed. When looking back at his videos, he still looks better than everyone else going in the 2nd. If Ekeler goes down, I could pretty easily envision Spiller as a borderline RB1 in that offense. I don’t think that the other SD RBs are close to as good. And even if Ekeler stays healthy, he just had a career year at 900 yards rushing, pretty sure that’s Ekeler ceiling. That offense can support another RB even if Ekeler stays healthy.

I can understand the appeal of Rachaad…I think that the receiving volume could be there, but will Brady trust a rookie 3rd down back? Fournette and Bernard will both probably be more trustworthy at this point…so it may not be until 2023 that Rachaad gets a chance…and by then will Brady even be in Tampa? At least with Spiller I’m relatively confident that he will be their #2, and he will be linked to Herbert for 3-4 seasons.
Last edited by j4pac on Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:44 pm

I'll take Isaiah Spiller, Rachaad White, small tier break, Zamir White.

All three on potentially elite offenses with an established older vet ahead. Each is an injury away from getting their closeup in the NFL, and I believe each has the potential talent to do something with it if their number got called.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:10 pm

I took Spiller when I had all these guys available. Probably Zamir number two and Brian Robinson number three for me. Surprised Robinson is one of the two guys with no votes.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:15 am

If you are an Ekeler owner Spiller, otherwise I think Allgeier, ATL or Pierce, HOU. I feel like those backfields might be interesting and could have a man early shakeup.
10 team Dynasty Superflex, 1 PPR, 20 + 3 IR player roster
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SFlex, Flex, DEF

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen
RB: Nick Chubb, J.K. Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Khalil Herbert, Tank Bigsby, Jaylen Warren, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Tank Bigsby
WR: Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Ja’Marr Chase, Calvin Ridley, Tank Dell
TE:T.J. Hockenson, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:59 am

ericanadian wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:10 pm I took Spiller when I had all these guys available. Probably Zamir number two and Brian Robinson number three for me. Surprised Robinson is one of the two guys with no votes.
He seems like a guy who's everyone #2-5 out of this list but no one's actual one.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:29 am

Spiller/Rachaad
I give Spiller the edge because of Marshall Faulk’s opinion on him.

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:39 am

Thanks for those who have participated and those who will. I find this fascinating. I’ve seen lots of mock drafts out there, and this forum seems much higher on both Spiller and Allgeier than consensus. Frankly, I’m not that surprised, as I really liked both players tape. Really, it’s their draft capital that is the only concern but it appears that people on this forum go over their own assessments and are willing to bet on the NFL teams being wrong. I really like both players.

TE- Goedert, Musgrave

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:16 am

If you are asking me which of these RB's will have the best long term value, I voted Zamir White. This year it will be Spiller
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

CubfanAA
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CubfanAA » Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:39 am

This really depends on league scoring. In PPR its white with spiller close behind. In standard I think its pierce pretty easily followed by robinson. Both pierce and robinson have a good chance at being the primary goal line back. Both white and spiller have potential to get 6+ TDs worth of receptions on the year.

Pew Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Pew Dogs » Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:16 am

I wish I could remember who said it ... maybe someone like Evan Silva or Matt Waldman but definitely one of those well known names ... but anyway, right after the draft I remember them saying about Rachaad White, "This guy sucks". Now, this probably isn't true but it's the kind of thing that sort of stays in your mind.
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB J.Taylor, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, T.Pollard
WR D.Chark, B.Cooks, A.Cooper, A.St.Brown, J.Tolbert, T.Marshall, D.Slayton
TE T.Kelce, H.Henry

(League champ somehow)
QB J.Burrow
RB T.Etienne, I,Pacheco, J.Cook, T.Algeier, J.Wilson
WR C.Lamb, M.Evans, M.Pittman, D.Chark, R.Moore, D.Peoples-Jones
TE T.Hockenson

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium

QB J.Burrow, G.Smith
RB D.Cook, J.Mixon, A.Mattison, R.Mostert, S.Perine
WR M.Evans, A.Cooper, C.Kirk, N.Collins
TE E.Engram, G.Everett, C.Okonkwo, C.Otton

QB K.Murray, J.Burrow
RB D.Cook, D.Montgomery, A.Mattison, K.Herbert, T.Algeier
WR A.St.Brown, K.Allen, A.Theilen, B.Cooks, T.Boyd, R.Moore, D.Hopkins
TE T.Kelce, D.Waller, R.Gronkowski, R.Tonyan, C.Otton

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:01 pm

White
Spiller
Pierce
Zamir
TDP
Brob
Allgeier

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:11 pm

Spiller for me, he is my RB3 in this draft class.
Followed by Pierce, and the White brothers.