AP and Charles

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MilwaukeesBest
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

AP and Charles

Postby MilwaukeesBest » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:58 pm

Likely season ending ACL injury to AP in week 16 is bad news for 2012 recovery and effectiveness. Charles has obviously had much more time to rehab. Of course, every player recovers differently and it's really early, but I am wondering where do you see these 2 guys going in start-ups next season.
Team 1: 10 Team, 4 Keeper League, Non-PPR
QB: Deshaun Watson
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette, Kareem Hunt
WR: Julio Jones, Dez Bryant
TE: Rob Gronkowski

hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

Re: AP and Charles

Postby hamburglar » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:00 pm

yuck... i was already feeling like AP only had a few great years left... i'm not saying there isnt a spot for him in the draft but id hate to be the guy to gamble on him... it seems whenever i gamble on rehabbing players i lose.

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:22 pm

assuming this is a tear and not a sprain or something, I think this obliterates AP's value. There's a good chance he's going to start next year on the pup list and won't be very effective at all next season, so it probably be till 2013 when he has a chance to be a stud again. At that point, how much longer will he be a stud? I need to study this more, study his injury, hear about his rehab, but I wouldn't touch him in the first round in a start up, and probably not in the second. I like charles's chances to rebound better because 1) his injury was at the beginning of this season, so he'll have extra time to recover to be valuable next year 2) he's younger and has many less miles.
12 team 1 ppr 6 pt all tds
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 te 1k
qb Ryan, Vick, nassib, Barkley
RB DMC, Gore, Sporles, Stacy, Hillman, Moreno,
WR aj green,welker, Britt, Blackmon, DeMary
TE Davis, Cook, Housler, Allen

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:26 pm

A Saturday night MRI confirmed that Adrian Peterson tore both the ACL and MCL in his left knee.

Reconstructive surgery will be delayed until the MCL heals, allowing doctors to operate on the ACL. The postponement is significant because Peterson's injury occurred so late in the year. It's possible that Peterson will be a candidate for the PUP list to begin the 2012 season. The odds will be against him playing in Week 1. Toby Gerhart will probably spend the offseason and 2012 training camp as the Vikings' first-team tailback. They may also add talent in free agency and/or the draft. Peterson just signed a seven-year, $96 million contract this past September.

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:55 pm

yeah, I think this drops him until at least the third round. I think next year is largely going to be lost.
12 team 1 ppr 6 pt all tds
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 te 1k
qb Ryan, Vick, nassib, Barkley
RB DMC, Gore, Sporles, Stacy, Hillman, Moreno,
WR aj green,welker, Britt, Blackmon, DeMary
TE Davis, Cook, Housler, Allen

MilwaukeesBest
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby MilwaukeesBest » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:22 am

Do you think he is a hold in my sig 2? It is a 4 player keeper league.

tidewaterjc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby tidewaterjc » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:28 am

RobertBobson wrote:yeah, I think this drops him until at least the third round. I think next year is largely going to be lost.
An ACL alone is approx 4 weeks no weight bearing, and a 4-6 month rehab process to be functional. Hope he didn't tear any miniscus which never heals and is either stitched or removed altogether. Of course, you have the mental side of trusting your knee again. AP is an athletic freak, but even his knees are not superhuman.

Agree with Robert... 2012 will be a near lost season
Twitter: @tidewaterjc
Email: tidewaterjc@gmail.com

Need a FF Team Helmet?

Custom FF Helmets/Banners available
http://s1324.photobucket.com/user/tidewaterjc/profile/

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:29 am

I actualy think AD came away ok, granted they have to wait for the MCL to heal before surgery(which slows down recovery time even more), but there was nothing with his kneecap or patellor tendon, things of that nature.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

MilwaukeesBest
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby MilwaukeesBest » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:13 pm

Chris_R wrote:I actualy think AD came away ok, granted they have to wait for the MCL to heal before surgery(which slows down recovery time even more), but there was nothing with his kneecap or patellor tendon, things of that nature.
Update from RW

In addition to tearing his ACL and MCL, Adrian Peterson suffered damage to both his medial and lateral meniscuses when he blew out his knee on December 24.
The PCL and LCL are intact, but this was still an incredibly severe injury. The hope at Vikings headquarters is that Peterson will have surgery in 7-10 days, but it will depend on swelling. ESPN's Adam Schefter confirmed on SportsCenter Monday that Peterson is unlikely to be ready for training camp in 2012. We suspect Peterson will open next season on the PUP list.

NJKV
Starter
Starter

Postby NJKV » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:28 pm

MilwaukeesBest wrote:Do you think he is a hold in my sig 2? It is a 4 player keeper league.
No I don't think so. McCoy & Rice > AP plus you have Nicks and Megatron not mention Stafford. I would kept those 5 above AP just based on youth.