Who is everyone avoiding in the 2022 Draft Class?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Who is everyone avoiding in the 2022 Draft Class?

Postby mild » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:59 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:54 pm I think you should also take notice that, when your having an argument with someone who doesnt value your analytical check boxes as much as you, spewing out the numbers isnt going to sway them. Thats like citing the bible during an argument with an Athiest.

Some of us just dont like London, and that's okay. Idk why London truthers get so offended by people not being in love with him. I think he's one of the most overhyped WR that's come out recently, maybe ill be wrong idk but thats part of the fun.
I think you should -also- take notice, that calling everyone's love of Drake "blind" is also pretty wilfully obtuse.

I laid out the case as forcefully as possible the other way, for the memes. But mainly to show our love of him is anything but "blind" - and is largely rooted in these crazy exotic concepts like "college production profile" and "NFL draft capital" and "breakout age" that years on these boards have taught (some of) us to look for.

I have zero issue with you not liking London, and I agree that that is more than OK.

I would say it's less ok to call his proponents "blind" considering that he was literally the first WR off the board in the real draft. Are you calling us "literally blind"? Are the Falcons and other fantasy analysts who have him #1 all blind too? Or are you saying we are blinded by our analytically based reasoning?

All pretty rude calls, imo.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:11 pm

It is a bit rare how many seem to blindly love London. The reality is London avoided working out and running. He did run routes but avoided anything that would show speed or strength. That said Atlanta sure likes him.
This is actual quote Mild is all worked up about.

1) How Many seem to Blindly Love London in context is because he avoided to do anything to show speed, quickness, or strength.

2) How many certainly doesn't mean everyone.

3) In the same quote I even mentioned Atlanta sure seemed to like him so everyone is just more BS in your justification post.

You have jumped off the deep end because you didn't like my opinion. Never claimed any of this factual; It is an OPINION.....of a player I am avoiding based on how view the player in keeping with the topic question.

Maybe he is the next Jerry Rice and my opinion as he develops will change.

Deal with it!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Bleggins
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Bleggins » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:16 pm

Ice wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:36 pm
ericanadian wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:20 pm
Ice wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:44 pm

It is not Hate. I thought Harry and Butler would also Bust especially Butler. Big and Slow is a concern. The biggest difference in London is he can actually run routes better than those two.

The real Issue I see is Pitts who is Bigger, Stronger, and way Faster will most likely be the real legit receiver on that team. We don't really know if Ridley will be back and the QB's certainly have question marks.

It is a bit rare how many seem to blindly love London. The reality is London avoided working out and running. He did run routes but avoided anything that would show speed or strength. That said Atlanta sure likes him.

His tape is good against weak college opponents but the NFL is a very different game and contested catches is a double edged sword which really may signal issues with getting open. It will be very interesting to see how London stacks up against JC Horn, Lattimore, Davis/Dean. All 4 of these players are excellent.
He put up 16-162-1 against Utah and 15-171-0 against Notre Dame. I get that they weren’t elite in 2021, but I don’t think either would qualify as weak.
Just for the record you are commenting on 1/2 of a sentence. Weak was a relative term compared to what he will be facing in the pros listed in the other half of that sentence. I don't see those two schools having the talent of the 4 DB's mentioned that will be going against London in the pros.

No question those were great games though. I actually analyzed the Utah game. He was really only in tight coverage 6 times. He had 4 completions and two in-completions over those specific plays in that contest. The majority of the other catchers he was virtually wide open with an array of bubble screens and sideline routes. I saw good and bad in that game but did come away appreciating his route running.
"Weak competition compared to the NFL" is appropriate for every prospect and essentially irrelevant to the conversation

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:46 pm

Bleggins wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:16 pm
ericanadian wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:20 pm

He put up 16-162-1 against Utah and 15-171-0 against Notre Dame. I get that they weren’t elite in 2021, but I don’t think either would qualify as weak.
Just for the record you are commenting on 1/2 of a sentence. Weak was a relative term compared to what he will be facing in the pros listed in the other half of that sentence. I don't see those two schools having the talent of the 4 DB's mentioned that will be going against London in the pros.

No question those were great games though. I actually analyzed the Utah game. He was really only in tight coverage 6 times. He had 4 completions and two in-completions over those specific plays in that contest. The majority of the other catchers he was virtually wide open with an array of bubble screens and sideline routes. I saw good and bad in that game but did come away appreciating his route running.
"Weak competition compared to the NFL" is appropriate for every prospect and essentially irrelevant to the conversation
Not sure you're into IDP but those of us that have playing that brand for 15 plus years tend to study the best DB's in country and see just how good they are against WR's.

While irrelevant to you is probably quite real it certainly isn't to those that scout defense and draft in the league. There were 7 DB's and S drafted in round 1 this past draft including 2 before any WR drafted.

I brought up Lattimore and Horn because they were actually both top 11 picks in the NFL and were great in college. Lattimore has actually already been to 4 pro bowls and considered the best DB in the NFL by many. He has 4.36 speed with a 38.5 vertical and it shows up big time on Sundays. He is a 97 million dollar player.

I guess to know this one would have to actually study them as well and not only offensive prospects. This doesn't mean London will be bad but he will be facing this type of competition 6 times every year and that actually matters when looking at match ups.

Just looking at players beyond basic information to determine how they may fare in the league. This is just one tool when looking at ranking players. I get it may not be for everyone.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:17 am

ericanadian wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:17 am
There is all snaps footage on a per game basis for a lot of players. Alternatively, if you’re really dedicated, there are a lot of full games available on Youtube which you can fast forward when your guy’s team is on defense and even jump forward between plays. Time consuming, but I can think lf worse things to do with my time than watching football.
You can see a few A22 snaps for players floating around, but it isn't widely available to a point where you could accurately assess someone's ability to compete when they aren't the primary read. Some people do have access to them, but they're mostly in the scouting community.

London's production hits many of the coveted marks people want in a WR. So, if he's been doing that while struggling with "drive and passion" then...he has to be really, really good if he's dialed in.

Bleggins
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Bleggins » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:40 am

Ice wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:46 pm

Not sure you're into IDP but those of us that have playing that brand for 15 plus years tend to study the best DB's in country and see just how good they are against WR's.

While irrelevant to you is probably quite real it certainly isn't to those that scout defense and draft in the league. There were 7 DB's and S drafted in round 1 this past draft including 2 before any WR drafted.

I brought up Lattimore and Horn because they were actually both top 11 picks in the NFL and were great in college. Lattimore has actually already been to 4 pro bowls and considered the best DB in the NFL by many. He has 4.36 speed with a 38.5 vertical and it shows up big time on Sundays. He is a 97 million dollar player.

I guess to know this one would have to actually study them as well and not only offensive prospects. This doesn't mean London will be bad but he will be facing this type of competition 6 times every year and that actually matters when looking at match ups.

Just looking at players beyond basic information to determine how they may fare in the league. This is just one tool when looking at ranking players. I get it may not be for everyone.
JFC gatekeeper - Cooper Kupp played FCS, Davante Adams in the Mountain West, Stefon Diggs didn't exactly face a murderers row, and on it goes. Don't worry, I'm well aware of how matchups work and who the good players are in the NFL. BTW, Lattimore has actually not played nearly as well as he did his rookie year. But you would actually have to study the players to know that.

Bleggins
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Bleggins » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:44 am

Bleggins wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:40 am

JFC gatekeeper - Cooper Kupp played FCS, Davante Adams in the Mountain West, Stefon Diggs didn't exactly face a murderers row, and on it goes. Don't worry, I'm well aware of how matchups work and who the good players are in the NFL. BTW, Lattimore has actually not played nearly as well as he did his rookie year. But you would actually have to study the players to know that.
And who can forget the stacked MAC that prepared Diontae Johnson for the league. What good DBs has the Big 12 produced that would prepare CeeDee and others?
If participating on this board means dealing with people like you who love the smell of their own farts, I'm out.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:51 am

Bleggins wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:44 am

And who can forget the stacked MAC that prepared Diontae Johnson for the league. What good DBs has the Big 12 produced that would prepare CeeDee and others?
If participating on this board means dealing with people like you who love the smell of their own farts, I'm out.
Usually participating on these types of boards is more about sharing opinions on players as opposed to ripping others for theirs but if that concept isn't what your looking for then enjoy wherever you land and I hope you find what you're looking for on a site.

As for London, I have never said he was an absolute bust. We have all been wrong on players but he is a player I have concerns about. Obviously, that strikes a chord of disagreement and I am fine with that. Maybe he becomes a stud someday and you get be the I told so you guy.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:33 pm

Bleggins wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:44 am

It’s not always this bad. Hang in there. Ice certainly has a few unique takes but ya gotta applaud his passion. I’ve found over the past few months that there are many players I see quite differently than Ice. London, Burks, and James Cook to name a few off the top of my head. I personally wouldn’t have drafted Cook or Burks anywhere near their ADP.

Use these boards to help gauge your own takes. There is value here on our DLF site if you can navigate the passion of a vocal minority.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:33 pm

I don’t mind being in the minority when it nets players like Josh Allen, DK Metcalf, M Brown while avoiding the Butler’s, Harry’s, Darnold’s & countless others over the years.

None of us here are correct all the time and others don’t follow the masses without at least doing confirmation research.

No doubt many have unique takes on these boards which is actually appreciated. I have never asked anyone to agree or draft anyone based on my takes but never been worried about expressing concerns of players either popular like a London or more fringe like a Watson.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:47 am

This class has so many landmines to me its more about who do I feel safest picking. The only guys who dont give me pause at WR are Wilson, Olave and Moore at their respective 1st rnd rookie costs. Pickens, Dotson and Tolbert are my favorite early rnd 2 players.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:57 am

Bot101 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:47 am This class has so many landmines to me its more about who do I feel safest picking. The only guys who dont give me pause at WR are Wilson, Olave and Moore at their respective 1st rnd rookie costs. Pickens, Dotson and Tolbert are my favorite early rnd 2 players.
This is a Great Way to look at it from a Fantasy Owners perspective. Other owners may have different names on their boards but once evaluated, ultimately it's on each owner to pick their player regardless of others input.