Who is everyone avoiding in the 2022 Draft Class?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Who is everyone avoiding in the 2022 Draft Class?

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:07 am

murphysxm wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:58 am
Yes and no. How does a player run his routes when he isn't the target? What do his teammates say about him? There are ways to see flags.
Teammate interviews for the public are fluff, so that's not giving you anything.

Example: Nobody here had any signs that Sammy Watkins could struggle with sobriety, addiction, and depression in Buffalo (which came out years after he left). All signs were that Watkins was a high character player, person, and a great teammate.

Do you have the film to consistently watch a player run his routes when he's not the primary read? These would be great things, but it's not widely available for the fantasy community to accurately assess.

I think drive and passion would be great things to know, but I question how you'd be able to accurately assess it for each player you're interested in.

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:12 am

honcho55 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:25 am
MacDaddy123 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:25 pm
mgscott wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:31 am

I agree with both of you. I think he is one of the safest picks for a WR, but would avoid him since I think he has a low ceiling. My expectation for him is a dime a dozen WR for fantasy so I would prefer using an early to mid first on a player with more upside. That's just my drafting philosophy, but I wont begrudge anyone drafting him for safety.
My thoughts exactly!!!
I think this a a strong position to take strategically in dyansty FF, but I have to ask: Why, specifically, do you see a low ceiling for Olave?
I think he's solid in most everything but not special in anything. So likely a low ceiling unless ending up in a perfect situation.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:52 am

Olave seems like a very safe pick. I think his FLOOR is a solid WR2 possession WR. With huge upside. In PPR leagues he's going to be a real asset, IMO.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:02 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:52 am Olave seems like a very safe pick. I think his FLOOR is a solid WR2 possession WR. With huge upside. In PPR leagues he's going to be a real asset, IMO.
I agree. He has WR1 upside and the skill to be a plug and play fantasy starter in the future.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:17 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:07 am
murphysxm wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:58 am
Yes and no. How does a player run his routes when he isn't the target? What do his teammates say about him? There are ways to see flags.
Teammate interviews for the public are fluff, so that's not giving you anything.

Example: Nobody here had any signs that Sammy Watkins could struggle with sobriety, addiction, and depression in Buffalo (which came out years after he left). All signs were that Watkins was a high character player, person, and a great teammate.

Do you have the film to consistently watch a player run his routes when he's not the primary read? These would be great things, but it's not widely available for the fantasy community to accurately assess.

I think drive and passion would be great things to know, but I question how you'd be able to accurately assess it for each player you're interested in.
There is all snaps footage on a per game basis for a lot of players. Alternatively, if you’re really dedicated, there are a lot of full games available on Youtube which you can fast forward when your guy’s team is on defense and even jump forward between plays. Time consuming, but I can think lf worse things to do with my time than watching football.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Bleggins
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Bleggins » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:12 am

I don't get the London hate. As others have noted, his analytical profile is pretty immaculate, and even cleaner than Harry's. Top 10 pick, and produced with better teammates. Even the separation issue seems questionable, as illustrated by Matt Harmon's work. If you watch, there were a fair few targets where he was open, but his QB threw him covered. And watching his film, for lack of a better phrase, he is a mother bleep after the catch. More agile than you expect, and does not want to go down. I'm not expecting him to be a YAC monster, but better than people think. I'm all in.
Honestly, I don't think the USC Mike Williams comp is unwarranted. Honestly, I think that year off for him really hurt, and he got too heavy. Or maybe I'm making excuses for him.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:44 pm

Bleggins wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:12 am I don't get the London hate. As others have noted, his analytical profile is pretty immaculate, and even cleaner than Harry's. Top 10 pick, and produced with better teammates. Even the separation issue seems questionable, as illustrated by Matt Harmon's work. If you watch, there were a fair few targets where he was open, but his QB threw him covered. And watching his film, for lack of a better phrase, he is a mother bleep after the catch. More agile than you expect, and does not want to go down. I'm not expecting him to be a YAC monster, but better than people think. I'm all in.
Honestly, I don't think the USC Mike Williams comp is unwarranted. Honestly, I think that year off for him really hurt, and he got too heavy. Or maybe I'm making excuses for him.
It is not Hate. I thought Harry and Butler would also Bust especially Butler. Big and Slow is a concern. The biggest difference in London is he can actually run routes better than those two.

The real Issue I see is Pitts who is Bigger, Stronger, and way Faster will most likely be the real legit receiver on that team. We don't really know if Ridley will be back and the QB's certainly have question marks.

It is a bit rare how many seem to blindly love London. The reality is London avoided working out and running. He did run routes but avoided anything that would show speed or strength. That said Atlanta sure likes him.

His tape is good against weak college opponents but the NFL is a very different game and contested catches is a double edged sword which really may signal issues with getting open. It will be very interesting to see how London stacks up against JC Horn, Lattimore, Davis/Dean. All 4 of these players are excellent.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:53 pm

Ice wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:44 pm It is a bit rare how many seem to blindly love London. The reality is London avoided working out and running. He did run routes but avoided anything that would show speed or strength. That said Atlanta sure likes him.
It is a bit rare how many seem to blindly hate London. The reality is London was the WR1 taken in the draft, with elite draft capital matching an elite production profile that would be the envy of many. Even knowing nothing else, with his breakout age of 18.1, a market share of 20% alongside future NFL talent as a Junior, and elite draft capital, he would be a smash selection. Even if he -did- test, and his RAS profile was a non-athletic sub-5.0, he would still sport a rock-solid analytical profile worthy of our high capital rookie picks.

To deny Drake London is to deny everything we know to look for analytically. That said, Ice sure hates him, and he's an elite watcher of film, so perhaps he will be correct that Christian Watson will be the better player... in 3 years, of course... 8-)

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:00 pm

mild wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:53 pm
To deny Drake London is to deny everything we know to look for analytically. That said, Ice sure hates him, and he's an elite watcher of film, so perhaps he will be correct that Christian Watson will be the better player... in 3 years, of course... 8-)
A. Analytics is for some, but not all and is your OPINION on how to rate players. B. Ice can be a tad much at times, but no reason to post this personal jab.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:22 pm

murphysxm wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:00 pm
A. Analytics is for some, but not all and is your OPINION on how to rate players. B. Ice can be a tad much at times, but no reason to post this personal jab.
"Blindly loving" Drake London is as ridiculous a call as going completely the opposite way. Nobody is "blindly loving" Drake London.

I figured I'd just rewrite the other side in just as strong terms.

Sorry you thought it was personal. I guess that's your opinion. Fancy that.

Bleggins
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Bleggins » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:04 pm

His tape is good against weak college opponents but the NFL is a very different game
This criticism can be levied against literally every prospect.

And the contested catch thing has already been discussed. It's not as big of an issue as it's made out to be.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:05 pm

Ice wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:44 pm It is a bit rare how many seem to blindly love London. The reality is London avoided working out and running. He did run routes but avoided anything that would show speed or strength. That said Atlanta sure likes him.
It is a bit rare how many seem to blindly hate London. The reality is London was the WR1 taken in the draft, with elite draft capital matching an elite production profile that would be the envy of many. Even knowing nothing else, with his breakout age of 18.1, a market share of 20% alongside future NFL talent as a Junior, and elite draft capital, he would be a smash selection. Even if he -did- test, and his RAS profile was a non-athletic sub-5.0, he would still sport a rock-solid analytical profile worthy of our high capital rookie picks.

Mild; Pretty much everyone on this site knows you like nothing more than being my personal Troll; I get you like to seek out my posts and troll away, it is just you. Maybe you're starting to breakout of mom's basement but a little piece of free advice as you embark on this brave new world; Buy a dictionary and make sure you actually understand the difference between hate and concern. I have now said on more than one occasion he has route skill but having an opinion a player has bust potential is just that but of course you really don't have the acumen to understand the definition of opinion either.

Troll away you're just an irrelevant mild pain.

Look up at the thread title. As shocking as it must be to you, I am avoiding London in fantasy football at this time and in keeping with the thread title, I expressed my opinion.

BTW, Plenty of 1st round bust selections in the NFL at WR.

Here is a decent list of the 10 biggest as of late.

https://rajan-nanavati.medium.com/the-1 ... 0cfcee79a8

thunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby thunderTung » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:54 pm

Analytics just feel like an easy way out to not really have an opinion. If your an analytic guy, your never really wrong because your just simply looking at numbers and you can just blame it on him being an outlier.

I think you should also take notice that, when your having an argument with someone who doesnt value your analytical check boxes as much as you, spewing out the numbers isnt going to sway them. Thats like citing the bible during an argument with an Athiest.

Some of us just dont like London, and that's okay. Idk why London truthers get so offended by people not being in love with him. I think he's one of the most overhyped WR that's come out recently, maybe ill be wrong idk but thats part of the fun.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Drake Maye
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Schultz
FLEX(2): Stevenson/DK
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Geno/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/Braelon Allen
WR: Nabers/McConkey/N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/P. Brown
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens/Bullard

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:20 pm

Ice wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:44 pm
Bleggins wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:12 am I don't get the London hate. As others have noted, his analytical profile is pretty immaculate, and even cleaner than Harry's. Top 10 pick, and produced with better teammates. Even the separation issue seems questionable, as illustrated by Matt Harmon's work. If you watch, there were a fair few targets where he was open, but his QB threw him covered. And watching his film, for lack of a better phrase, he is a mother bleep after the catch. More agile than you expect, and does not want to go down. I'm not expecting him to be a YAC monster, but better than people think. I'm all in.
It is not Hate. I thought Harry and Butler would also Bust especially Butler. Big and Slow is a concern. The biggest difference in London is he can actually run routes better than those two.

The real Issue I see is Pitts who is Bigger, Stronger, and way Faster will most likely be the real legit receiver on that team. We don't really know if Ridley will be back and the QB's certainly have question marks.

It is a bit rare how many seem to blindly love London. The reality is London avoided working out and running. He did run routes but avoided anything that would show speed or strength. That said Atlanta sure likes him.

His tape is good against weak college opponents but the NFL is a very different game and contested catches is a double edged sword which really may signal issues with getting open. It will be very interesting to see how London stacks up against JC Horn, Lattimore, Davis/Dean. All 4 of these players are excellent.
He put up 16-162-1 against Utah and 15-171-0 against Notre Dame. I get that they weren’t elite in 2021, but I don’t think either would qualify as weak.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:36 pm

ericanadian wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:20 pm
Ice wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:44 pm

He put up 16-162-1 against Utah and 15-171-0 against Notre Dame. I get that they weren’t elite in 2021, but I don’t think either would qualify as weak.
Just for the record you are commenting on 1/2 of a sentence. Weak was a relative term compared to what he will be facing in the pros listed in the other half of that sentence. I don't see those two schools having the talent of the 4 DB's mentioned that will be going against London in the pros.

No question those were great games though. I actually analyzed the Utah game. He was really only in tight coverage 6 times. He had 4 completions and two in-completions over those specific plays in that contest. The majority of the other catchers he was virtually wide open with an array of bubble screens and sideline routes. I saw good and bad in that game but did come away appreciating his route running.