QBs Down! Rank 'em Top 10!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Re: QBs Down! Rank 'em Top 10!

Postby joeday » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:43 am

thriftyrocker wrote:
joeday wrote:I would highly doubt that unless Tebow wins the super bowl that he is a starting QB next year.
W1, any week, or all year? There's a few ways this works out

1) Tebow is on the Denver roster and starts W1 and remains starter until the team is out of it.

2) Tebow is on the roster, but the team benches him for Quinn or a rookie from day 1 and buries him.

3) Tebow is traded for late round picks (similar to the Quinn/Hillis trade). At worst Tebow is a backup to a shakey starter like Gabbert or Henne, with an outside chance to beat the incumbent at camp.

4) Tebow is cut or hurt during camp and joins Glenn Coffee's ministry.

Option 2 and 4 are the least likely. Option 2 would dominate Denver sports media for the entire year and push the franchise even further back. Option 1 or 3 give Tebow a punchers chance at starting.
Say Elway decides to pull a Ditka and trade this years draft and heck, even next years draft for Andrew Luck...you think the Broncos fans wouldnt want Luck as their starting QB. I think the part that frustrates me the most is that Elway took this team to 5 superbowls and won 2 of them and yet the fans seem to think he knows nothing about QB talent. Denver fans have turned into some of the most uninformed fans in the league. Sure he is 4-1 but I would much rather give those 4 wins to the defense for playing so well, and the special teams for winning that game in Miami more than to Tebow.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – πŸ†
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – πŸ₯ˆ

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – πŸ†
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – πŸ₯ˆ

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:52 am

In WCOFF scoring (http://football16.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... 25770&O=09) Tebow is 10th in QB fantasy points per game (20.7) since he was named the starter in week 7. I would take all of the QB's ranked ahead of him and probably Rivers (11th, 20.5), and definately Vick (17th, 17.4). Just my .02. :D

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:58 am

Steelersfan wrote:In WCOFF scoring (http://football16.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... 25770&O=09) Tebow is 10th in QB fantasy points per game (20.7) since he was named the starter in week 7. I would take all of the QB's ranked ahead of him and probably Rivers (11th, 20.5), and definately Vick (17th, 17.4). Just my .02. :D
exactly and you cant just look at Qbs for this season, unless this is a redraft question. I would not feel comfortable starting him each week and I would feel even worse if I had to keep him for the future. While the OP may just want info on this year, I cant divorce myself of thinking about it from a dynasty perspective. And frankly the .2 points difference between Tebow above Rivers is not enough for me to give up on Rivers for Tebow!
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)

QB –
TE –

QB – Joe Burrow
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:12 pm

Whether you have Tebow in your top 10 or not the rest of the way, and how you value him in general is going to come down to your scoring system really. The scoring system impacts Tebow more than just about any other player given the position he plays and how he plays it.

Others have said that he hasn't been in the top 10 of QB scoring for the past 5 weeks in their league, and others have compared him to Flacco and Sanchez scoring wise.

In my main league as well as one other, he's scored the second most fantasy points from the QB position over those 5 weeks (a lot of which has to do with him not having a bye week in that period, granted), and even looking at it from a PPG standpoint, he's #7... ahead of Brady, Romo, Eli, Rivers, Schaub, Vick, and WELL ahead of Flacco and Sanchez by about 5 points per game average each.

These leagues don't have strange scoring - no bonuses, standard 25 pass yards per point, 10 rush yards per point, and 4 point passing TDs with 6 point rushing TDs.

If my scoring was different, say 6 points for all tds, I wouldn't have Tebow in my top 10 for the rest of this year. And if my league had bonuses for completions or passing yardage or whatever other passing stats, I wouldn't have him in my top 10. But in my relatively standard scoring league, he's performed well enough on a consistent enough basis, even dating to last year, that I think I'd be foolish not to at least have him towards the bottom of the top 10.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:24 pm

Water Buffalo wrote:Whether you have Tebow in your top 10 or not the rest of the way, and how you value him in general is going to come down to your scoring system really. The scoring system impacts Tebow more than just about any other player given the position he plays and how he plays it.

Others have said that he hasn't been in the top 10 of QB scoring for the past 5 weeks in their league, and others have compared him to Flacco and Sanchez scoring wise.

In my main league as well as one other, he's scored the second most fantasy points from the QB position over those 5 weeks (a lot of which has to do with him not having a bye week in that period, granted), and even looking at it from a PPG standpoint, he's #7... ahead of Brady, Romo, Eli, Rivers, Schaub, Vick, and WELL ahead of Flacco and Sanchez by about 5 points per game average each.

These leagues don't have strange scoring - no bonuses, standard 25 pass yards per point, 10 rush yards per point, and 4 point passing TDs with 6 point rushing TDs.

If my scoring was different, say 6 points for all tds, I wouldn't have Tebow in my top 10 for the rest of this year. And if my league had bonuses for completions or passing yardage or whatever other passing stats, I wouldn't have him in my top 10. But in my relatively standard scoring league, he's performed well enough on a consistent enough basis, even dating to last year, that I think I'd be foolish not to at least have him towards the bottom of the top 10.
In my league he ranks #9 on ppg over that stretch ahead of Rivers and Romo who are right behind. Last year's numbers are insignificant as he has a new offensive system and lost his #1 receiving threat in Brandon Lloyd. If you are making the claim that it is foolish not to have him in the top 10 then you also believe that those statistics are the only thing that matters and QBs who haven't scored as highly over the last 5 weeks belong behind him. Make a minor adjustment and look only at the last 4 weeks instead of 5 and suddenly Tebow drops to #12 barely ahead of Flacco and now behind the aforementioned Rivers and Romo.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:28 pm

I mean I will post this last thing and leave it alone. I have Tebow in one of my redrafts. I also have (had) Jay Cutler backing him up. I have zero confidence in Tebow to just keep him as my lone QB on my team. I will drop Cutler this week and pick up another QB off of waivers simply because I don't trust that Tebow survives the rest of the season without getting pulled. I have no such fear with the 10 QBs on my list. Looking purely at THIS SEASON, I would put Tebow in the 11-13 range. But since this is in a dynasty thread, I am going to look at the bigger picture. It has nothing to do with his faith, but everything to do with his mechanics and abilities as a Quarterback. I know every minute of every game counts but I dont like having a QB who has like 5 points thru 55 mins and gets 13 on the last drive.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)

QB –
TE –

QB – Joe Burrow
TE – Trey McBride

lake3711
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lake3711 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:29 pm

1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Brees
4. Newton
5. Romo
6. Rivers
7. Stafford
8. Eli Manning
9. Roethlisberger
10. Vick
11. Matt Ryan
12. Freeman
13. Schaub
14. Sam Bradford
15. Dalton
16. Carson Palmer
17. Joe Flacco
18. Cutler
19. Sanchez
20. Locker
21. Ponder
12 Team PPR, QB 6points Pass TD, Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1flex

QB: Justin Herbert, Sam Darnold
RB: Saquon Barkley, Rhamondre Stevenson, D'Andre Swift, Javonte Williams, Jamaal Williams, D'Onta Foreman
WR: DK Metcalf, Christian Watson, Nuk Hopkins, Keenan Allen, Brandon Aiyuk, Gabe Davis
TE: Greg Dulcich, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:17 pm

skip wrote:
Water Buffalo wrote:Whether you have Tebow in your top 10 or not the rest of the way, and how you value him in general is going to come down to your scoring system really. The scoring system impacts Tebow more than just about any other player given the position he plays and how he plays it.

In my league he ranks #9 on ppg over that stretch ahead of Rivers and Romo who are right behind. Last year's numbers are insignificant as he has a new offensive system and lost his #1 receiving threat in Brandon Lloyd. If you are making the claim that it is foolish not to have him in the top 10 then you also believe that those statistics are the only thing that matters and QBs who haven't scored as highly over the last 5 weeks belong behind him. Make a minor adjustment and look only at the last 4 weeks instead of 5 and suddenly Tebow drops to #12 barely ahead of Flacco and now behind the aforementioned Rivers and Romo.
Throw out one of Tebows best weeks (week 7), and throw out Flacco's worst week (also week 7) and Tebow is STILL ahead of him? Sounds like an even BIGGER reason to not compare Flacco and Sanchez to Tebow to me!

But ok, I'll play the game with your "minor adjustment". Looking at the last 4 weeks rather than 5, Flacco has a 14.38 PPG average, Sanchez is at 13.43, and Tebow is at 18.27. Over that 4 game stretch, Tebow is still the 9th highest scoring QB on a PPG average, and remember, the week we've thrown out for whatever silly reason was one of his better weeks.

Again, this is all according to my fairly standard scoring system with 4 point passing and 6 point rushing TDs - and goes back to my point that your scoring system very much matters with Tebow and how you view him for the rest of this year.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:20 pm

Water Buffalo wrote:Throw out one of Tebows best weeks (week 7), and throw out Flacco's worst week (also week 7) and Tebow is STILL ahead of him? Sounds like an even BIGGER reason to not compare Flacco and Sanchez to Tebow to me!

But ok, I'll play the game with your "minor adjustment". Looking at the last 4 weeks rather than 5, Flacco has a 14.38 PPG average, Sanchez is at 13.43, and Tebow is at 18.27. Over that 4 game stretch, Tebow is still the 9th highest scoring QB on a PPG average, and remember, the week we've thrown out for whatever silly reason was one of his better weeks.
You are using a 5 week window of time to base your analysis of Tebow. What is the difference between using 4 weeks or 5? There isn't any. My post was to demonstrate that by using too small a window it will yield unreliable results. And that 4 week window of time in my league has Tebow ahead of Flacco by only 1 ppg as we give a pt per 20, not 25 and more significantly Tebow is not in the top 10 but rather at #12.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:58 pm

skip wrote:
Water Buffalo wrote:Throw out one of Tebows best weeks (week 7), and throw out Flacco's worst week (also week 7) and Tebow is STILL ahead of him? Sounds like an even BIGGER reason to not compare Flacco and Sanchez to Tebow to me!

You are using a 5 week window of time to base your analysis of Tebow. What is the difference between using 4 weeks or 5? There isn't any. My post was to demonstrate that by using too small a window it will yield unreliable results. And that 4 week window of time in my league has Tebow ahead of Flacco by only 1 ppg as we give a pt per 20, not 25 and more significantly Tebow is not in the top 10 but rather at #12.
But again, the topic of this discussion was production for the rest of THIS YEAR, and that's it. I'm not looking past week 16 with my thoughts on the matter, because that wasn't what was asked.

I will ABSOLUTELY use a 5 week period worth of data to make educated guesses on the coming 5 weeks. Would you also discredit Demarco Murray for the rest of this season because the window of data is too small? How about even a guy like Kevin Smith, who will likely be no worse than a low-end RB2 the rest of the way this year? His window of data is only one single game really, but he'll be started in a good portion of leagues this week.

Your last statement just illustrates further what my entire point was about Tebow - that he's more at the mercy of your scoring system than just about any other player in the league, and opinions on him will vary widely because of that alone.

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:05 pm

skip wrote:

I'm also pointing out these two bolded statements, because I think you are taking what I've said and spinning it for some reason.

I never made that claim that "IT IS" foolish to not have him in the top 10 for the rest of the year, I said that based on my scoring system I thought "I'D" be foolish to not have him there. That's a big difference, because again, my entire point was that scoring system matters for this guy more than any other. In your league, clearly other QBs have performed better relative to Tebow given your lower than normal passing requirements for 1 point. That makes your decision of leaving him off of a top 10 list extremely logical.

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:29 am

It's sort of interesting to see how this has played out thus far. Our guesses were actually pretty close to be honest. Obviously they aren't in exactly the same order as many predicted, but for the most part the names are the same. From the time of the original post, Nov 21 (essentially after week 11... meaning weeks 12, 13, 14, 15) until now, here are the top 10 QBs in 4 pt passing, 6 pt rushing TD leagues:

1. Brees
2. Brady
3. Newton
4. Rodgers
5. Ryan (a big whiff from me on this one)
6. Romo
7. Stafford
8. Eli
9. Tebow!
10. Rivers

Almost everyone had the top 4 as Brees, Rodgers, Brady, and Newton in some order and they've lived up to the hype. The rest were somewhat of a mixed bag, but I'm happy to see that I nailed Romo at 6, Tebow at 9, and Rivers at 10 exactly :) I was absolutely wrong leaving Ryan off of the list though. I've never been a fan of his from a fantasy perspective, but he may just be proving me wrong as of late. The dude's had a pretty nice year.

Big Ben is unlikely to break into the top 10, despite the fact that he hasn't played yet this week. It'd take a HUGE game from him to even beat out Rivers for the last spot thus far.

It'll be interesting to see how these rankings hold up for the last week or two.

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:25 am

Water Buffalo wrote:It's sort of interesting to see how this has played out thus far. Our guesses were actually pretty close to be honest. Obviously they aren't in exactly the same order as many predicted, but for the most part the names are the same. From the time of the original post, Nov 21 (essentially after week 11... meaning weeks 12, 13, 14, 15) until now, here are the top 10 QBs in 4 pt passing, 6 pt rushing TD leagues:

1. Brees
2. Brady
3. Newton
4. Rodgers
5. Ryan (a big whiff from me on this one)
6. Romo
7. Stafford
8. Eli
9. Tebow!
10. Rivers

Almost everyone had the top 4 as Brees, Rodgers, Brady, and Newton in some order and they've lived up to the hype. The rest were somewhat of a mixed bag, but I'm happy to see that I nailed Romo at 6, Tebow at 9, and Rivers at 10 exactly :) I was absolutely wrong leaving Ryan off of the list though. I've never been a fan of his from a fantasy perspective, but he may just be proving me wrong as of late. The dude's had a pretty nice year.

Big Ben is unlikely to break into the top 10, despite the fact that he hasn't played yet this week. It'd take a HUGE game from him to even beat out Rivers for the last spot thus far.

It'll be interesting to see how these rankings hold up for the last week or two.

lol your wasting your time water buffalo. If there is one thing i've learned it's the fact that it does not matter how tebow performs. The haters will only continue to make up new excuses to discredit him. Following his week 15 performance, Tebow is surely a top 10 QB in scoring over the time period. But hey if everyone is going to assign no value to a solid QB1..then I say he's a buy-low canidate.

tdorbust
Role Player
Role Player

Postby tdorbust » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:45 pm

Basically I am just waiting for Tebow to be stopped. He just plods along, doesnt have a great arm and seems to get quite a bit of points by running out of the pocket. I just can't put him in my top 10 when he get his points in such ugly fashion.

You can say the same about Cam but when you compare the two, Cam looks a heck of like a young Vick scrambling but with a pocket presence while Tebow looks more like a Full Back that can kinda throw the ball. But I would never put myself in a spot where I had to decide between Tebow and someone.

This Week (Championship Week)
Cam - I had him and Brees and havent looked back at Brees since week 2 - wish I started Brees last week but other than that Cam is #2 in points in my league to Rodgers
Brees
Brady
Rodgers (Who knows if he ends up sitting some even if the game is tied)
Stafford
Romo
Vick - Playing?
Rivers
Ryan
Freeman - Its just this week again Car.
Grossman
Big Ben - If he is going to play
Tebow
Manning/Sanchez/Flacco/Ponder/Yates - Kind of grouped in with Tebow/Ben/Grossman
Go Pack Go!