what do you do when the seedings are wrong but isnt caught?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Guppy CEO
All Pro
All Pro

what do you do when the seedings are wrong but isnt caught?

Postby Guppy CEO » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:39 pm

since most of my team is injured, i set my playoff lineup last sunday and the playoff seedings didnt get set the last time i looked on wed night. today, i see that they are wrong because they didnt penalize my team for starting an illegal lineup on the week i wrongly swapped IR players. i immediately notified the entire league that week when i realized that i had broken a rule but neither commish ever fixed this. that loss changes who the #1 and #2 seeds are.

what sucks is that this seeding might actually allow me to walk away with the championship as i'm pummeling the rightful #1 seed right now and the #1 seeded team is losing badly to a team with no WRs. i posted today that the seedings are wrong. what should be done by the league at this point?
2008 Champion, 2009 runner up, 2011 champ
fear the guppy!!!!!

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: what do you do when the seedings are wrong but isnt caug

Postby meineymoe » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:25 pm

if it affects just this weekend, then I'd fix it since the results aren't in.

If it involves last week's results, then I'm more prone to say my bad and leave it as is, once the results are in the book.

So, if it has to do with this weekend's games, then it should be fixed ASAP

-oo-

Guppy CEO
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Guppy CEO » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:30 pm

our playoffs started this week. i'm in favor of getting right too, even if it ultimately costs me the title.
fear the guppy!!!!!

Guppy CEO
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Guppy CEO » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:27 pm

not a single response on the league forum even tho it was posted over 6 hours ago. i know that league message boards are emailed to everyone in the league. now it gets really ugly. the 2 games are 132-87 (both teams played out) and 162-122 (crabtree vs ABrown). if they correct the seedings the games will be 162-87 and 132-122 and still up for grabs. the big issue is that the 122 team is the co-commish so i can see people complaining if he makes the switch at this point. as if this league needed more reasons to fold....lol the commish was strong until this season, then seemed to do the minimum all season, ignoring multiple rules. :(
fear the guppy!!!!!

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:39 am

I think as c0-commish, he would have to do whats right as per the rules...why would it be any different? Because the scores are closer than anticipated or its' advantageous not to change it? The bigger issue is...how did it get to this point?
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:06 pm

Guppy CEO wrote: as if this league needed more reasons to fold....lol the commish was strong until this season, then seemed to do the minimum all season, ignoring multiple rules. :(
I'm in a big money league where the commish isn't real active, and we have to make sure everyone is enforcing rules - but we've been around 12 years without a lot of turnover so we're all pretty familiar with the rules. It does get very annoying when there is an issue and we don't hear from the commish, then he swoops in and makes some big judgment call - even changing rules in some cases....

but it is what it is. The league pretty much governs itself because we are more established and there are a few of the owners that make sure things, like playoff seedings, are done correctly, and the commish snoozes in his castle. :roll:

If the league isn't that strong, however, and appears to be teetering on extinction, then you need a stronger commish for it to survive.

-oo-