2022 Draft Thread (IDP Thoughts Edition)

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
stick3925
Rookie
Rookie

2022 Draft Thread (IDP Thoughts Edition)

Postby stick3925 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:33 am

Figured we should have a spot to discuss/share as the draft moves along.

My Day 1 Initial Thoughts

The Good
-I kind of like the spots for most of the DL. Walker, Hutchinson and Jermaine Johnson will all have ample opportunity to get high snap counts in year 1. Even Karlaftis and Wyatt ended up in pretty decent spots to potentially make an immediate impact.

-Hamilton to Baltimore just seems like it's obviously going to work out for the Ravens and they just had another All Pro defender fall in their lap.

The Bad
-Thibodeaux is likely going to OLB in my main league.

-The round 1 off ball LBs both went to situations where there is a highly paid and productive veteran ahead of them.

The Questions (about safeties)
- Will Daxton Hill learn behind Jesse Bates and Von Bell or is Bates getting traded?

-Guessing Lewis Cine's skillset will see him play closer to the line more frequently than Harrison Smith in MN. That could be a good spot depending how they use him, although I believe D-Coordinator Ed Donatell likes to have his safeties be somewhat interchangeable.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: 2022 Draft Thread (IDP Thoughts Edition)

Postby GridironGuerilla » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:43 am

Thib going to OLB is depressing lol. Glad I traded him in a IDP only league with devy for the 1.01. I was after Hutch.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:54 pm

Not sure why Jacksonville picked up Devin Lloyd in the first and then Chad Mims in the third after signing Foyesade to a big contract this offseason.

Similarly odd move by Minnesota grabbing Brian Asamoah at the top of the third with Eric Kendrick’s in place and the signing of Jordan Hicks.

Troy Andersen gets a nice spot in Atlanta, as does Nakobe Dean in Philly.

Edit: Chad Muma. Thanks auto-correct.
Last edited by Ruggenater on Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Postby failblazer » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:54 am

Ruggenater wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:54 pm Not sure why Jacksonville picked up Devin Lloyd in the first and then Chad Mims in the third after signing Foyesade to a big contract this offseason.

Similarly odd move by Minnesota grabbing Brian Asamoah at the top of the third with Eric Kendrick’s in place and the signing of Jordan Hicks.

Troy Andersen gets a nice spot in Atlanta, as does Nakobe Dean in Philly.
The Asamoah one definitely makes more sense than the Muma one for me. The Jags have two guys in Lloyd and Oluokun who they have just invested heavily into this offseason. I can't see my guy Muma getting consistently high snap counts now barring injury. Asamoah on the other hand is behind two very good veterans but older ones who the Vikings may look to move on from in 2023. Kendricks will be 31 going into the 2023 season (the last year of his deal) with a $11.4m cap hit and less than $2m in dead money, while Hicks will be 32 and will have a $6.5m hit and only $1.5m in dead money. I am still sad to not see Asamoah go to the Bears to be the Okereke to Roquan's Leonard but he is a very solid guy to stash for a year two starting role.

Interesting to not see the Seahawks take a LB. Cody Barton is a big winner on day two.
16 Team PPR (11th Year Dynasty - Former 2 Time Champion)
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson
C. McCaffrey, N. Harris, C. Hubbard
D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, C. Kupp, D. Johnson, G. Davis, D. Mims, J. Palmer
D. Waller, C. Kmet, B. Jordan

C. Young, R. Quinn
D. Leonard, M. Milano, C. Mosely, B. Okereke, J. Davis
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

Picks - 1.01, 2.12, 3.01, 3.15, 4.14

16 Team PPR (10th Year Dynasty - Reigning 5 Time Champion)
A. Rodgers, J. Fields
C. McCaffrey, D. Henry, J. Dobbins, M. Davis
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Green, T. Johnson, Dy. Brown, G. Pickens, J. Tolbert,
N. Fant, A. Okwugbunam, J. Harris
J. Elliott

D. Lawrence, R. Quinn, T. Hendrickson
R. Smith, B. Okereke, L. Wilson, J. Davis, D. Tranquil, B. Asamoah
J. Simmons, W. Harris

Kcarr
Captain
Captain

Postby Kcarr » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:02 am

The asamoah pick makes more sense but feels about like the troy dye and Chazz surratt picks did, them taking a shot hoping in the future he might become the guy but could as easily become nothing. The muma one makes no sense to me either. The first 3 all have good LBs along side then but also have an opening in the 2nd spot. Quay worried me there though as the packers only tend to play 1 LB full time and I would assume that is campbell for now.
4th and long: ppr, 10 team, qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, flex, flex, te, k, dl, dl, lb, lb, db, db, dflex, dflex

QB: Kirk Cousins Tyrod Taylor, Jared Goff
RB: Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot, Theo Riddick, D'Onta Foreman, James Conner, Jamal Williams
WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, Jordan Matthews, Cole Beasley, Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Breshad Perriman, Eli Rogers
TE: Eric Ebron, , David Njoku, Jack Doyle
K: Will Lutz
DL: Frank Clark, Danielle Hunter
LB: Luke Kuechley, Bobby Wagner, Jordan Hicks, Mark Barron, Darron Lee
DB: Sean Davis, Morgan Burnett,

IR: Clayton Geathers, Quincy Enunwa, Raekwon McMillan

stick3925
Rookie
Rookie

Postby stick3925 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:35 am

Day 2 Thoughts

The Good
-A lot of the EDGE prospects ended up in good spots where they should be designated as DEs and get ample opportunities for early snaps. Including, Arnold Ebiketie in Atlanta, Boye Mafe in Seattle, Sam Williams in Dallas and Drake Jackson in SF. This was billed as a deep EDGE class and it really played out on day 2.

-Logan Hall might be a day 1 starter on Tampa's D-Line.

-I like the players and the team fits for Pitre in Houston and Brisker in Chicago. Should see ample opportunity early.

The Bad
-I think lots of teams are going to regret passing on Dean. I've shared my thoughts on him in other threads here, but I think it was a mistake by many passing on him in late round 2 or early round 3.

The Questions
-As mentioned by a couple others, lots of questionable LB destinations. Dean and Troy Anderson ended up in good spots but I don't know if any of the other day 2 off-ball backers went to places where I would be comfortable using draft capital (in my 3 round rookie draft) on them.

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Postby failblazer » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:11 am

stick3925 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:35 amI like the players and the team fits for Pitre in Houston and Brisker in Chicago. Should see ample opportunity early.
Brisker is someone I think can carve out a massive role early, as is Bryan Cook. Just need Chicago to not resign Gipson.
stick3925 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:35 amThe Questions
-As mentioned by a couple others, lots of questionable LB destinations. Dean and Troy Anderson ended up in good spots but I don't know if any of the other day 2 off-ball backers went to places where I would be comfortable using draft capital (in my 3 round rookie draft) on them.
I like Harris' landing spot. Not a ton of high end competition in Houston.
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson

C. Young, R. Quinn
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

A. Rodgers, J. Fields
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Green, T. Johnson, Dy. Brown, G. Pickens, J. Tolbert,
J. Elliott

J. Simmons, W. Harris

stick3925
Rookie
Rookie

Postby stick3925 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:05 am

[/quote]

I like Harris' landing spot. Not a ton of high end competition in Houston.
[/quote]

I did at first too, but after digging in a bit more there are a lot of guys that have shown the ability to produce there that he as to compete with: Christian Kirksey, Kamu Grugier-Hill, Jalen Reeves-Maybin, Neville Hewitt. Not great players mind you, just a lot of guys to beat out so it could be tough sledding early on before he can get snaps.

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Postby failblazer » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:53 am

stick3925 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:05 am I did at first too, but after digging in a bit more there are a lot of guys that have shown the ability to produce there that he as to compete with: Christian Kirksey, Kamu Grugier-Hill, Jalen Reeves-Maybin, Neville Hewitt. Not great players mind you, just a lot of guys to beat out so it could be tough sledding early on before he can get snaps.
None of them would be enough to worry me if I liked Harris. None of them are signed to big money or long contracts.
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson

C. Young, R. Quinn
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

A. Rodgers, J. Fields
J. Elliott

J. Simmons, W. Harris

stick3925
Rookie
Rookie

Postby stick3925 » Wed May 04, 2022 4:15 pm

Following up it looks like Travon Walker and Arnold Ebiketie are going to get moved to LB on MFL, quite unfortunate.