Why are we so sure Chase is the WR1 and Higgins is the WR2?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Why are we so sure Chase is the WR1 and Higgins is the WR2?

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:13 am

Chase might be dynasty WR1, not sure the point of the thread tbh.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:18 am

It's just giving props to Higgins and saying even though he's labeled WR2 he's still putting up WR1 numbers. So you're looking at WR1a and WR1b. And the b is at a slightly discounted rate given you can draft him a little later.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:39 am

I'm confident that Chase is the WR1 in that offense and Higgins is the WR2 for many of the reasons already covered. I get the value angle, though, and getting Higgins with a late 2nd/early 3rd as opposed to spending a top 3-4 pick on Chase is not a bad idea.

All that said, I'd probably still choose Chase with the top pick over the "value pick" of Higgins. His combo of age, elite production, and QB connection is about as perfect a scenario as you could get for a dynasty receiver. He's my (non-SF) dynasty 1.01 because of the security he should provide. I love Justin Jefferson, but his QB uncertainty makes me pick Chase over him with almost no hesitation.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:56 am

I actually think Higgins will out target Chase next year. Chase just possess a big play ability Tee can't match and the #1 tag goes his way. They are both #1 WR players and should be valued as such
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:21 pm

Both are really solid young WRs and can both be successful in the system as Burrow continues to grow. I think Higgins will have more down weeks than Chase but I would be thrilled with either and think they are both plug and forget options moving forward. Higgins seems like a piece that could maybe be traded for in a reasonable deal because some do view him as a bit of an after thought of sorts. Chase is almost unattainable at this point. Cost is a huge factor with either but both are nice building blocks.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:26 am

Everyone seems to have a difficult time placing Chase on a tier distinctly and significantly higher than Higgins. I'm having a difficult time understanding why. I get the ADP value prop and that great as far as ADP value goes.

But I'd like to conduct a simple exercise. How about we list 3 WRs we put in Chase's tier, then list 3 WRs we consider to be in Higgins' tier. Further, list 3 RBs you'd consider trading Higgins for, then list 3 RBs you'd consider trading Chase for head-to-head, mano-a-mano, 1-for-1. Both of these are for Dynasty ppr. I'm taking fantasy production here, not any sort of perceived talent as a WR - simply who do you consider their peers when it comes to how you think they could help your team for the next 3+ seasons.

I'll start.
Chase WRs: JJ, Diggs, AJB.
Chase RBs: none

Higgins WRs: Lockett, Pittman, Renfrow, TMc
Higgins RBs: JT, Najee, Javonte, and about 8 others at least.

Your turn...
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:10 am

Anteaters wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:26 am Everyone seems to have a difficult time placing Chase on a tier distinctly and significantly higher than Higgins. I'm having a difficult time understanding why. I get the ADP value prop and that great as far as ADP value goes.

But I'd like to conduct a simple exercise. How about we list 3 WRs we put in Chase's tier, then list 3 WRs we consider to be in Higgins' tier. Further, list 3 RBs you'd consider trading Higgins for, then list 3 RBs you'd consider trading Chase for head-to-head, mano-a-mano, 1-for-1. Both of these are for Dynasty ppr. I'm taking fantasy production here, not any sort of perceived talent as a WR - simply who do you consider their peers when it comes to how you think they could help your team for the next 3+ seasons.

I'll start.

Your turn...
I strongly disagree with your Higgins WR comps, RBs make sense but Renfrow/lockett/pittman feels wayyy low esp with those RB comps\

Chase WR- JJ thats it, if I need to name more WRs AJB and Lamb I guess
Chase RB-JT

Higgins WR- DK, Diggs, Adams
Higgins RB- CMC, Hall, Swift and higher

oneson9192
Role Player
Role Player

Postby oneson9192 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:27 am

Anteaters wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:26 am Everyone seems to have a difficult time placing Chase on a tier distinctly and significantly higher than Higgins. I'm having a difficult time understanding why. I get the ADP value prop and that great as far as ADP value goes.

I'll start.

Your turn...
First of all, I have no problem saying Chase is significantly more valuable than Higgins. In this very post I said he's "a tier or two above Higgins".

That said, you might be lower on Higgins than anyone I know if you'd trade Higgins for Renfrow or Lockett. Just did a quick scan of some consensus rankings and can't find anywhere either of those two are ranked in the top 36 dynasty WRs. You don't think Higgins is a top 36 dynasty WR? But somehow you'd also give Jonathan Taylor for him? Surely I'm misunderstanding something here. Please help me out.
2021 Startup
Superflex – PPR - TE Premium (1.5 PPR) – 12 Team
1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 SF, 1 Flex

QB: J Allen, J Fields, D Jones, W Levis, S Darnold
RB: B Hall, K Walker, T Etienne, R Johnson, D Foreman, J McLaughlin, E Demercado
WR: ARSB, G Wilson, DK Metcalf, B Aiyuk, T Higgins, C Godwin, J Williams, R Bateman
TE: K Pitts, D Goedert, L Musgrave
2024: 1.03, 2.03, 3.11
2025: 1-3-4-4-5

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:36 am

I would not give JT for Higgins. What I was trying to say was I would easily trade Higgins for JT. Conversely, I would not trade Chase for JT or any RB.

When it comes to Higgins, I am a little lower on him than most of his supporters. I'm also higher on Pittman and Renfrow than other fantasy managers. Put those two facts together, and yes, I have Higgins rated in a tier with Pittman and Renfrow. When we're talking about ADP value picks, I think those two are great picks compared to Higgins. I can get them a couple of rounds (or more) later and get the same production. :dance:

I love Higgins talent and would love to have him on my teams. But I think it's a tough sell to say he's anywhere close to Chase in value.
Last edited by Anteaters on Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
TEAM 1:
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

oneson9192
Role Player
Role Player

Postby oneson9192 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:44 am

Anteaters wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:36 am I would not give JT for Higgins. What I was trying to say was I would easily trade Higgins for JT. Conversely, I would not trade Chase for JT or any RB.

When it comes to Higgins, I am a little lower on him than most of his supporters. I'm also higher on Pittman and Renfrow than other fantasy managers. Put those two facts together, and yes, I have Higgins rated in a tier with Pittman and Renfrow. When we're talking about ADP value picks, I think those two are great picks compared to Higgins. I can get them a couple of rounds (or more) later and get the same production. :thumbup:
Ah, I see. I misunderstood the RB part.

We'll have to agree to disagree on Higgins value vs those other WRs, but thanks for helping me understand! :)
2021 Startup
Superflex – PPR - TE Premium (1.5 PPR) – 12 Team
1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 SF, 1 Flex

QB: J Allen, J Fields, D Jones, W Levis, S Darnold
RB: B Hall, K Walker, T Etienne, R Johnson, D Foreman, J McLaughlin, E Demercado
WR: ARSB, G Wilson, DK Metcalf, B Aiyuk, T Higgins, C Godwin, J Williams, R Bateman
TE: K Pitts, D Goedert, L Musgrave
2024: 1.03, 2.03, 3.11
2025: 1-3-4-4-5

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:45 am

oneson9192 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:44 amWe'll have to agree to disagree on Higgins value vs those other WRs, but thanks for helping me understand! :)
Yep. I know I'm the buzzkill when it comes to Higgins.
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:19 pm

halfbaked88 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:42 pm My reasons of being lower on Higgins than most of the dynasty community are less to do with the talent of Chase/Higgins and more in my belief that Joe Burrow cannot continue to throw that many pass attempts year over year.

The overall passing volume of the offense is going to regress sooner or later. Thus creating a big fish in little pond dilemma.

Having 2 alphas competing for targets vs. having one getting fed everything ... If I have a choice I'm always gonna choose the guy getting a monstrous target share % like a Davante Adams/DeAndre Hopkins. You just always know they're getting the ball every single game. You don't gotta worry if it's gonna be 1A or 1Bs game today or if the QB can support two WR1s at the same time.
i actually assumed he had a ton of pass attempts but when you look he really didnt. he was pretty average among starting qbs for pass attempts, around where big ben was and 150 less than tom brady (pretty astounding brady had so many more passes thrown while being the oldest guy playing). i dont think they are gonna drop his amount of passes all that much. he averaged 32.5 a game, maybe it goes down to 27ish but 5 targets spread among the crowd isnt huge.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:22 pm

i cant think of a lot of situations where 2 WR from same team were in the top 12 year after year. maybe larry and anquan. im sure a lot of it is history and its not realistic to think they both will maintain high end performance. the guy to bet on keeping it up is chase and not higgins for me
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:46 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:22 pm i cant think of a lot of situations where 2 WR from same team were in the top 12 year after year. maybe larry and anquan. im sure a lot of it is history and its not realistic to think they both will maintain high end performance. the guy to bet on keeping it up is chase and not higgins for me
You'll get some stretches of 2-3 years but then most of the time cap catches up and someone moves on. Or one of them drops off a cliff really often from injury. Although normally it's more like one good wr1 And one high wr2

Manny Sanders/DT
Woods/kupp
Coop/crabs
Jordy/Cobb