Malik Willis SF 1.01?

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Malik Willis SF 1.01?

Postby mild » Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:19 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:06 pm
mild wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:06 pm This one feels incredibly obvious - at least, to me.
I mean, they though Sam Darnold was good, so anything is possible.
The lower third of their roster is stacked with ex-Temple and Baylor guys that would have no place on 31 other rosters.

Like it or not, they've bought all the way in on the cult of Rhule - and he's most definitely on the hot seat this year. I see him as doubling down on everything he's about this year in an effort to save himself.

If they believe in Pickett at all, then it will have immediate sign-off from Tepper as a Pitt guy. The relationships are already all there, and they've shown they value those alumni connections over actual pro football evaluations already. The fact that he's pro-ready and can compete right away just seals it - because I think that they think that they're just a QB away from competing.

Frankly, with Brady and Brees/Payton now out of the division, and the Falcons mired in a rebuild - there's no reason why they shouldn't be the NFC South favourite - if they can find a signal caller that can execute the Offense to around "league average" standards. That defense is ready right now.

The only wrench that stops this train is Deshaun Watson, to me. But otherwise, if they hold their pick? I'd heavily bet that it's going to be Pickett.

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:11 pm

Josh Rosen was a perennial probowl talent with perfect footwork and passing mechanics. You got this!
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:16 pm

mild wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:06 pm
Sriracha wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:33 pm I don't expect this to happen, but I could easily see 0 QBs taken in the top 10 this year.
I highly doubt that, particularly because I'm onto the Carolina Panthers at 6th overall.

I see it as a near-lock that they will take Kenny Pickett. I would gamble on this right now very willingly.

- They're absolutely desperate at the position and want a fix immediately.
- They absolutely can't help themselves with drafting/overdrafting/giving un-earned chances to former Rhule players.
- Rhule had a commit from Pickett for Temple. That relationship is already there. Rhule got the Baylor job; Pickett then de-committed from Temple for Pitt.
- David Tepper is an enormous Pitt booster / alum.
- They absolutely know that they must over-draft him at #6 if they want him. He won't be there in the 2nd, and you can't bank on a trade up being there for you on draft day. (And doing one pre-draft then signals your intent)

This one feels incredibly obvious - at least, to me.
I didn't know about this history, good info
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:28 pm

Good reason for Carolina to trade back with the Broncos. Denver takes Willis and then Pickett can go later (where he should) to Carolina. Makes sense...so it won't happen.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:22 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:28 pm Good reason for Carolina to trade back with the Broncos. Denver takes Willis and then Pickett can go later (where he should) to Carolina. Makes sense...so it won't happen.
If Denver aren't going to fall over themselves to take Justin Fields (or Mac Jones, for that matter) then I don't know why they'd make an effort to draft "even less polished Justin Fields".

If they do, I'll definitely have a lol. They strike me more as going for one of safer pocket passers.

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:20 pm

Just saw the clip of him handing out stuff from his luggage to someone on the street. Guy is now a favorite for me.
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,

WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine

Hankybro21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hankybro21 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:15 pm

Man…dude has got an arm
Team 1
Q: Allen, Lamar
W: Devonta, Nuk, Godwin, Adams, Diontae, MT, Bateman, Toney, Osborn
R: JT, Henry, Ekeler, Gibbs, Mattison, Ford
T: Kelce

Team 2
Q: Allen, Mahomes, ARich
W: Jefferson, AJB, Tyreek, GW, Ridley, Godwin, MT, Downs, Toney
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, Breece, J. Cook, Kamara
T: Kelce, Hock
2024: 1.04, 1.05, Pick 21
2025: 1st (early), 1st (early), 1st (mid)

Team 3
Q: Lamar, Herbert, Goff, Geno
W: Chase, AJB, Waddle, Pittman, Ridley, MT, Terrace Marshall, Downs
R: CMC, Ekeler, Bijan, Barkley, JT, Kamara, Tucker
T: Andrews, Granson
2024: 1.03, 3rd (late)

Team 4
Q: Mahomes, Allen, Geno
W: Tyreek, Lamb, Ridley, Pittman, Diontae, MT
R: CMC, Henry, JT, Chubb, Dobbins, Tucker
T: Kelce, Gesicki, Kittle

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:07 am

Yarnith wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:20 pm Just saw the clip of him handing out stuff from his luggage to someone on the street. Guy is now a favorite for me.
I don't want to come across as not caring, but I also see people make videos handing out stuff to homeless people, who get millions of views and make a living off the internet due to that. I often wonder if they'd do it if it wasn't being filmed for someone to watch. In a culture that is so narcissistic, it's so hard to tell. Giving someone on the street something is never a bad thing, per se, I just wonder about the motivation. Back before cell phones and social media, I saw my friends do it, and did it myself sometimes (giving someone some food, or money), just because it was a nice thing to do. Anytime a video is attached to something, I have my doubts about where the original motivation was. Not saying he was doing it for that reason, just saying it happens so often, I really don't know.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:01 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:07 am
Yarnith wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:20 pm Just saw the clip of him handing out stuff from his luggage to someone on the street. Guy is now a favorite for me.
I don't want to come across as not caring, but I also see people make videos handing out stuff to homeless people, who get millions of views and make a living off the internet due to that. I often wonder if they'd do it if it wasn't being filmed for someone to watch. In a culture that is so narcissistic, it's so hard to tell. Giving someone on the street something is never a bad thing, per se, I just wonder about the motivation. Back before cell phones and social media, I saw my friends do it, and did it myself sometimes (giving someone some food, or money), just because it was a nice thing to do. Anytime a video is attached to something, I have my doubts about where the original motivation was. Not saying he was doing it for that reason, just saying it happens so often, I really don't know.
By the look of the video it appears to be a candid shot taken from a person eating breakfast (?) or something across the street.

By all accounts he's been blowing teams away during the interview process so I'd like to think he's just genuinely a nice guy. It is possible the entire thing was staged but at that point we're going into conspiracy theory territory and I'd rather not dive into that.

MaddMadden
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MaddMadden » Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:35 am

Kwitty Paye was homeless at one point. Feel good story. Does that make him any better or worse as a football player? Conversely, is Watson any better or worse as a QB due to his off field troubles?
10 team half-PPR league. Starters: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2FLEX, K, 2DE, DT, 2LB, S, CB, 2IDP. 40man roster. Salary Cap pinned to NFL.

2022 picks: 1st, 3rd
2023 picks: 2 1st, 2 2nd, 3 3rd, 2 4ths

Players under contracts 2021 (years)
QB: K. Murray (3), T. Lance (4)
RB: S. Barkley (4), C. Edwards-Helaire (3+1), J. Jacobs (4), M. Davis (1), D. Henderson (1), AJ Dillon (3), Z. Moss (3), T. Pollard (2), T. Etienne (4)
WR: DK Metcalf (2), C. Ridley (2), T. McLaurin (2), J. Chase (4), R. Bateman (4), E. Moore (4), R. Moore (4), J. Reagor (3), B. Edwards (3), KJ Hamler (3)
TE: G. Kittle (3), A. Trautman (3)
K: Y. Koo (1)
DE: D. Hunter (1), C. Young (3+1), J. Bosa (2), J. Allen (2), K. Paye (4)
DT: A. Donald (2), Q. Williams (3)
LB: D. Leonard (2), R. Smith (3), F. Warner (3) P. Queen (3), I. Simmons (3), J. Davis (4)
S: D. James (2), R. Grant (4)
CB: K. Moore (2)

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:46 am

Continues to look like a good prospect, with a lot of upside and likeable off-field characteristics.

But, as always...so much of QB success depends on the organization. I hope he lands in a great spot (Steelers)

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:41 pm

By all accounts possible it was a candid shot. In a class of mediocrity there are things to like and not like about everyone. I like what I see of Willis on film and and the combine. He is a favorite for me as a player not a fantasy asset.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:57 am

I'll be real excited to grab either of Willis or Hall at 1.02.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert