Raiders:State of the Union

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Raiders:State of the Union

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:37 pm

As (one of) your resident Raiders fan (s), it took me some time to process this. I like it for the Raiders, as it' an "all in type move", sticking with the Vegas theme. Going with the interim guy, would have been a mistake. Rich was great in a short amount of time, but I don't believe he was the guy to take it forward. Josh's 6 Super Bowls, and what he did with Mac this year, that is impressive. Yes. Brady. However what I like most, as a fan, is that they are bringing in 2 guys in Ziegler and McDaniels who have worked together for years on drafting, player development, and all things in real football. Not Gruden and Mayock talking football as broadcaster. Two guys in a winning organization in hugely important position to it's success. Whether or not it works out, we will see, but I commend Davis for this move, if it goes through. Hit the ground running. A playoff team that can within a hair of taking the AFC representatives to OT. They need a move to keep pace, while keeping continuity, and this is the attempt at that. We shall see if Carr makes good on the "team friendly deal" he's alluded to for some time, or if they move him, but rest assured, IMO, one or the other will happen this off season.

As for the FF implications.

QB: Carr is even more of a value if he stays IMO, with McDaniels. Derek has done well in FF terms for years and been a value vs his ADP. Grab him now, before the dust settles, IMO. Either he gets an upgrade, or gets moved to a team that's a QB away with weapons already there. Something the Raiders sorely lacked this year on the outside. Despite Zay Jones and Bryan Edwards being the two main options outside this year, Carr was still a high end QB2.

RB: Jacobs. This is a really interesting one. I was telling you all to buy Jacobs at his ADP this year, as he was undervalued. I was right on that, he produced as I expected, and in fact had 58 catches over 16 games, including the playoff game. Now we come to it. Was the system NE ran a product of BB, and what he wanted? Was it McDaniels. The Pats early down backs do not catch many passes. Drake is under contract for another year. There is the very real possibility Jacobs reverts back to a 2 down banger and Drake becomes the "James White". There's even a chance Richard or James White himself becomes that. :lol: There is always the chance McDaniels breaks loose from the shackles of the NE system and just runs Jacobs into the ground in year 4 of his contract. At this point, I do not believe they have taken on the 5th year option. This will be a very polarizing issue this off season, as his value will really hinge on the "NE system" views, vs the "run him into the ground" views and let him walk.

WR: Big, big win for Hunter Renfrow. He's already one of the top slot men in the league, and McDaniels has been scheming big reception totals for that position. Edwards I don't expect to be a fit. I expect him to disappear into the ether. He's a slow, lumbering, WR who can get open in zones and crossers, and is competent at 50/50 balls, not much else. Zay Jones is a tenacious blocker. Could go either way. He may earn a starting role, as he came on a played well last year, but I expect the outside to be overhauled. There was never much value here to begin with, on the outside. Renfrow is the only guy who is "safe." I would expect an extension with Hunter. He's just a piece McDaniels would be ecstatic over, given his history.

TE: Waller is safe, obviously. McDaniels is creative enough to know what he has. Health will be his main concern.

Moreau is an interesting player. I think he's capable of being top 32. They may use him due to lack of WR options even with Waller year 1, and he could earn a contract elsewhere after that. If Waller falls off a bit, they may keep him. he's young.

Would love to hear what you all think about the Raiders players you roster, or are thinking of rostering. :thumbup:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Raiders:State of the Union

Postby Ice » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:01 am

I actually like the move for the Raiders. McDaniels has done some questionable things but he is a very good coach with a ton of experience and Ziegler should bring a big sense of calm to the organization rocked by more turmoil than any team deserved last season.

I play in competitive IDP leagues and really like that side of the ball going forward. I don't worry much about the offense since they have good players already and will have a solid scheme.

My Dark Horse future star on defense is Hybrid LB/S Divine Deablo if they bring in a more NE type defense.

Things should be looking up for Raider Fan. :thumbup:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:52 am

Good hire for the raiders it’s a tough division in tough conference but this was the right hire to make.
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:28 am

I'm excited to see what QB McDaniels trades back into the first for this time.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:46 am

This may be a bitter fan bias here. Josh failed as a HC and pushed for bad draft picks (Tebow). He also pulled the most unprofessional move I have seen from a potential NFL coach by backing out after Indy hired him. I think he is a great Robin, but over his head as Batman. Maybe he will do better the 2nd time around, but I have my reservations.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:43 pm

He needs to retain Gus Bradley. They have no talent after their front 4 and he kept things together.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:44 pm

murphysxm wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:46 am This may be a bitter fan bias here. Josh failed as a HC and pushed for bad draft picks (Tebow). He also pulled the most unprofessional move I have seen from a potential NFL coach by backing out after Indy hired him. I think he is a great Robin, but over his head as Batman. Maybe he will do better the 2nd time around, but I have my reservations.
Billy Donovan did the same thing to the Magic and people applaued his maturity for not commiting to something he had second thought on.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:00 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:44 pm
murphysxm wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:46 am This may be a bitter fan bias here. Josh failed as a HC and pushed for bad draft picks (Tebow). He also pulled the most unprofessional move I have seen from a potential NFL coach by backing out after Indy hired him. I think he is a great Robin, but over his head as Batman. Maybe he will do better the 2nd time around, but I have my reservations.
Billy Donovan did the same thing to the Magic and people applaued his maturity for not commiting to something he had second thought on.
Forgive my memory, it has been awhile. My memory is he expressed 2nd thoughts and the Magic made the decision to release him from the contract. Josh was given a contract and then quit and withdrew his name. Those are different scenarios to me.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:44 pm

As a Broncos fan I LOVE this hire.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:53 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:01 am I actually like the move for the Raiders. McDaniels has done some questionable things but he is a very good coach with a ton of experience and Ziegler should bring a big sense of calm to the organization rocked by more turmoil than any team deserved last season.

I play in competitive IDP leagues and really like that side of the ball going forward. I don't worry much about the offense since they have good players already and will have a solid scheme.

My Dark Horse future star on defense is Hybrid LB/S Divine Deablo if they bring in a more NE type defense.

Things should be looking up for Raider Fan. :thumbup:
People are acting like he's the same guy he was in his early 30's. He was too young at the time, and had personnel control. He was given too much, too soon, and it backfired. Heard him speak about it, and I think he's learned from that. Ziegler is in charge of personell this time around, with final say. Watched the presser and was super impressed with both guys. Josh is going to be really good for Carr IMO. I think Ziegler needs to address the OL, everybody knows it was a disaster last year. I personally think it was a fantastic move to get 2 people who worked together for years and already have a system in place they are both familiar with. Time will tell, but the process Davis took is the right one IMO. Offensive coach with a great track record of success developing and working with multiple QB's, 6 Super Bowl rings. I was iffy when the rumours started coming out, but I actually really like it, I think it's the right move.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick